PDA

View Full Version : SMB 07/04/10 late report.

kpn
07-07-2010, 10:27 PM
I got a invite from my friend Norm (Daleela on this board) to go to SMB to test out the boat & ready for the tuna season, so I contact Marzoochi for some help, because he did so good couple days before. Thanks so much for the help Marz, I owed you one.

We get gas, breakfast and launch. We cleared the rock wall by 5.45am, got to the spot was given to me from Marz, the only problem was the wind.....we set up the drift...but it so fast....it is impossible to stay on the ledge. We got 8 rock fish for ours efford.
We tried for a few hrs and gave up. We go inshore to fish for bass. We got lots of short calico, sand bass & perch mix in.
We called it a day early, get home & ready for the 4th BBQ.

Here is the pic of the catch.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/rockfish070410001.jpg

Thanks Norm for the invite.....I can't wait for the tuna show up :Wink:.

Khanh.

Jackpot Jimmy
07-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Nice job on the rockies and good luck this tuna season!

Thanks for the report,

Jimmy

JapanRon
07-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Hi kpm,

Fish tacos !! :)

JapanRon

TroutOnly
07-08-2010, 08:23 AM
What are those little orange things,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
nice work guys but ROCKFISH ? come on Norm and Khanh.....you GOTTA do better than that.....

you know whats up in that harbor, I've taught you better than THAT !......gulp SLAY down on THEM !..

I'm sure those orange fishies taste good but NO FIGHT !

slay a DRAG peela' next time in the harbor..

I guess me thinks NOW I gotta go out to the harbor and lay some GULP down !...

Come on Guys................

congrats on the feesh but MUST....Have....DRAG....PEELIN' !

nice harvest though if it's bout the meat: )

Fishbones
07-08-2010, 12:44 PM
congrats on your catch and thanks for the report and pics guys,,.,

FISHSTIX
07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Nice batch of rockies Khanh. Fresh sashimi? :Big Grin:

marzocchi
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey Khanh,

Your not too far from where the red snappers if your getting those greenblotches. They tend to be around the vermillions and get push off the spot. Your missing the rock or ledge the schooling red snappers are inhabiting, but your really close. Let me tell you the red snappers will not move away from the ledge or rock to chase your bait offering. You have to right on them. 5 to 10 feet makes a totally difference! If you have a chartplotter to see how your drift is then it is even better. You need to do a couple drift all around rock or ledge to see where the best line is and repeat it. They are not always on the same real estate, but they will school up together and once you find them, it is game on.

But you did very nice for your first rockcod outting! It will just keep getting better with practice. My first time out there, I caught zero rockfish.

ezcompany
07-08-2010, 04:07 PM
awesome of marz to hook you up with the coords!!! great report!

murrieta angler
07-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Good job getting the taco meat KPN.
You'll get the bigger variety next time.
If you haven't read the reports, Bluefin are being caught down in the Rockpile and just South of the Coronados.
Robert

kpn
07-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Nice job on the rockies and good luck this tuna season!

Thanks for the report,

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy.

Hi kpm,

Fish tacos !! :)

JapanRon

Thanks Ron.

What are those little orange things,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Those little orange thing called "Rockfish" Bob! LOL:LOL::LOL::LOL:.

nice work guys but ROCKFISH ? come on Norm and Khanh.....you GOTTA do better than that.....

you know whats up in that harbor, I've taught you better than THAT !......gulp SLAY down on THEM !..

I'm sure those orange fishies taste good but NO FIGHT !

slay a DRAG peela' next time in the harbor..

I guess me thinks NOW I gotta go out to the harbor and lay some GULP down !...

Come on Guys................

congrats on the feesh but MUST....Have....DRAG....PEELIN' !

nice harvest though if it's bout the meat: )

Gary,
We pick up a bunch of bass, just out side the harbor, mostly short......
This is just a test, so DRAG PEELING has to wait for later......:LOL::LOL::LOL:

congrats on your catch and thanks for the report and pics guys,,.,

Thanks Alex....
We are ready for the Tuna!!!

Nice batch of rockies Khanh. Fresh sashimi? :Big Grin:

Thanks James,
Let me know next time you hit Castaic. I'll joint you.

Hey Khanh,

Your not too far from where the red snappers if your getting those greenblotches. They tend to be around the vermillions and get push off the spot. Your missing the rock or ledge the schooling red snappers are inhabiting, but your really close. Let me tell you the red snappers will not move away from the ledge or rock to chase your bait offering. You have to right on them. 5 to 10 feet makes a totally difference! If you have a chartplotter to see how your drift is then it is even better. You need to do a couple drift all around rock or ledge to see where the best line is and repeat it. They are not always on the same real estate, but they will school up together and once you find them, it is game on.

But you did very nice for your first rockcod outting! It will just keep getting better with practice. My first time out there, I caught zero rockfish.

Thanks Marz,
We can't set up the drift the way we want, because the wind.
Thanks again for the info.

awesome of marz to hook you up with the coords!!! great report!

Thanks. Ditto about Marz.

Good job getting the taco meat KPN.
You'll get the bigger variety next time.
If you haven't read the reports, Bluefin are being caught down in the Rockpile and just South of the Coronados.
Robert

Thanks Robert,
This time just a test run on my friend boat, so catching fish is just a bonus.
I DO read report on BF & Albacore being caught just 1 to 1.5 day range.....Just a matter of days they will be within range......

This is my second salt trip of the year....not bad at all :Wink:.
Thanks Guys for the props

Khanh.

NY4Reels!
07-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Very nice mixed bag!

CAPT'N
07-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Khahn,

SAWEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Looks tasty!

Capt'n