PDA

View Full Version : 7/7/05 - Never forgotten

Sue
07-07-2010, 07:40 AM
It was 5 years ago today that terrorists set off 3 bombs on the London underground, and one on a bus killing 52 people and injuring many more.

It wasn't on the same scale as 9/11, but horrifying nonetheless for England and Great Britain. Please take a moment today to remember those killed.

Hometown
07-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Terrorism is terrorism no matter who its leved on and can not be tollerrated may the dead RIP and MAY GOD BLESS THERE FAMILYS
It was 5 years ago today that terrorists set off 3 bombs on the London underground, and one on a bus killing 52 people and injuring many more.

It wasn't on the same scale as 9/11, but horrifying nonetheless for England and Great Britain. Please take a moment today to remember those killed.

DockRat
07-07-2010, 09:07 PM
How about 'Racial Profileing at airports' would that be a acceptable topic ? El Al profiles big time.

THE SAFEST airline in the world, it is widely agreed, is El Al, Israel's national carrier. The safest airport is Ben Gurion International, in Tel Aviv. No El Al plane has been attacked by terrorists in more than three decades, and no flight leaving Ben Gurion has ever been hijacked. So when US aviation intensified its focus on security after 9/11, it seemed a good bet that the experience of travelers in American airports would increasingly come to resemble that of travelers flying out of Tel Aviv.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2006/08/23/what_israeli_security_could_teach_us/

Fishbones
07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
The incident was the deadliest single act of terrorism in the United Kingdom since Lockerbie (the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 which killed 270), and the deadliest bombing in London since the Second World War. More people were killed in the bombings than in any single Provisional IRA attack (in Great Britain or Ireland) during The Troubles.

may they rest in peace

Sue
07-08-2010, 12:28 AM
How about 'Racial Profileing at airports' would that be a acceptable topic ? El Al profiles big time.

THE SAFEST airline in the world, it is widely agreed, is El Al, Israel's national carrier. The safest airport is Ben Gurion International, in Tel Aviv. No El Al plane has been attacked by terrorists in more than three decades, and no flight leaving Ben Gurion has ever been hijacked. So when US aviation intensified its focus on security after 9/11, it seemed a good bet that the experience of travelers in American airports would increasingly come to resemble that of travelers flying out of Tel Aviv.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2006/08/23/what_israeli_security_could_teach_us/

Interesting. But as a spacker, I ALWAYS get to go through extra screening on international flights (not on domestic ones though, funnily enough). Remember the old movies that show that in the guitar case there's actually a machine gun? In my case, they think there's explosives in my walking canes.....

Alex - I still remember Lockerbie. It was horrific. Actually, it's all fricking horrific. On July 7th, I was at home in the UK the day after my grandfather's funeral, and I'd passed through the London underground on July 4th. Little tooooooo close for comfort. There was a lot of "what if's" that day.