PDA

View Full Version : Bass help? Re: Topwater or ??

dfisher
07-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Please I need any ideas, suggestions, tips...

Setting - Lake is smooth as silk, I have the most confidence here when the grey light is just about peeking out around 5:15am. I throw a popper and usually I get results.

Problem - Around 6am all hell breaks loose, either from slight wind or ducks and the lake is no longer smooth as silk, and kills my popper results.

This is at a high pressured community lake so I have no clue where to start next when this happens. So eventually I just leave thus fishing only for an hour :Crying:.

Buzzbait maybe? I've tried spinners with no luck. Can't use cranks cause the weeds are to abundant.

:Fishing Hole: :???:

sshernandez
07-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Use a black buzzbait

dfisher
07-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Use a black buzzbait

Forgot to mention that I have used this but only one time, and it was around 3-5am. No takers but will have to try it after the water gets choppy.

sshernandez
07-06-2010, 08:00 PM
i kill with a black buzz all the time but i use it after sun set at the OC lakes

dfisher
07-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Anybody else have any ideas??? Don't be shy!! Bueeeeller, Bueeeeeler

hookon
07-07-2010, 06:31 PM
hernandez said it best, considering the heavy vegetation, your only bet is to fish topwater
buzzbait, black specifically at night, can't get any better!!!!

Good luck, make sure to report in how you did!!

WARRIORMIKE
07-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Froggy time!! Followed up with a weightless worm. Also try weedless fluke!

dfisher
07-07-2010, 08:13 PM
I have a frog, I will try that too.

I am thinking about putting a minnow type plastic on my buzzbait with or without the skirt? Has anyone tried this with success?

dday07
07-10-2010, 01:24 PM
i have best results also just when light is appearing.i go to larger popper when wind ruffles the water or buzzbait also.

bman90278
07-11-2010, 07:52 AM
I've tried spinners with no luck. Can't use cranks cause the weeds are to abundant.

Sounds like you are talking about the A-Pond.

I've had luck with spinners in my local weedy lake. You can use them to inside or outside the weedlines and I don't throw them perpendicular. The spinners are a great way to find bass.

I'm not that experienced with crankbaits, but I've seen lots of articles stating they are great for weed areas. I have talked to anglers at the A-pond and have been told they have had success there with crankbaits.

Topwater.....In the early Am, you need to try the Zara Spook for sure!!!! How bout swimming baits? They are successful throughout the day.

Windy conditions....Maybe you aren't comfortable with flylining sencos and plastics....Try dropshotting ...Weedless wacky too.

Good luck to you. Again if you are talking about the A-pond....Extra special good luck to you.

brian

dfisher
07-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Ya A-pond. One regular uses crankbaits only. But he cleans his lure off every cast, I rather not do that.

What type of swimbaits? Def need something weedless.

A-pond gets even tougher now that they cut the weeds twice a week!

BIGBASS MB
07-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Topwater fishing is very effective in the gray light, or eavan on a overcats -cloudy morning...
I'd be throwning the z spook and let the rippels dye and slow presentation will get the bass to come up...
Good luck
mb.

CPT. Kirk
07-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Senkos or Flukes I like the smaller sizes at the city park lakes

dfisher
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Never had any real success with plastics here, but going to try and split shot it with a slow presentation.