PDA

View Full Version : Nph 7-5-10

CPT. Kirk
07-05-2010, 11:08 PM
I got together with Brandonfish and Swank909 to do a little float tubing in NPH. We met up around 8am and Begin getting our gear together (inflating tubes etc.) When Brandon's tube goes off like the fourth of July exploded, busted at the seem.
As Brandon starts to contemplate fishing from sure the swankster whips out another float tube for Brandon (old school round with a rubber inter tube)
Brandon was the first one in the water and I new it was going to be a slow day because he was fishing for about 5 min without a fish. We continue fishing the harbor hitting up docks and structure. Brandon finally starts to get on some fish, then I pick up a couple spotted bay bass on a small swim bait. After losing several Swank909 gets in on the action but was disappointed he did not get his legal halibut maybe next time.
After about 4 hrs of fishing we called it a day although the fishing was slow we ended with approximately 15-17 fish a combination of sand bass and spotted bay bass with Brandon pulling in the majority.
We where lucky enough to get the last replacement tube bladder for Brandon at BPS so he will be back in the water soon.

BrandonFish
07-06-2010, 01:08 AM
was a fun day didnt think that old school tire tube woulda worked but it did! haha thanks for getting me that new bladder Kirk dont think i fit in the round tube to well :LOL:
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/brandonfish/untitled-22.jpg
Congrats on the pig spottie kirk thing put up a great fight
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/brandonfish/untitled-23.jpg
after i get back from utah lets do it again! thanks for the great time guys
Please Keep Dana in your prayers

smokehound
07-06-2010, 03:11 AM
Dude, excellent job! you guys nailed em!

Slick Rick
07-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Whats up guys? I was out there with you... In the blue tube.

I was gonna ask if you guys where from this site, lol

-Rick

fisherman from long beach
07-06-2010, 10:49 AM
those are some nice lookin spotties,thanks for the report and pics.brandon whats going on with the floatie,are you abusing your tube?after july 17th were gonna have to get a rendevous.for sure

CPT. Kirk
07-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Hey slick whats up how long did you guys stay out?
How did you do?
Nice Fish Cat how do you like it?
It was only my second time out at NPH in a tube the fishing was a lot slower then the first time out. The lures had to be worked slower and the bites where tenative.
I think the smaller baits where the key.

Slick Rick
07-06-2010, 12:58 PM
I say we where out till about 1:30... not much longer than you guys. Brandon was still there when I left.

The fish cat was perfect. I have a couple mods in mind I'm gonna try to work on before I head back out therebut all in all I'm happy with it.

I plan on having a better selection of tackle this weekend for sure.

-Rick

Hey slick whats up how long did you guys stay out?
How did you do?
Nice Fish Cat how do you like it?
It was only my second time out at NPH in a tube the fishing was a lot slower then the first time out. The lures had to be worked slower and the bites where tenative.
I think the smaller baits where the key.

Swank909
07-06-2010, 05:19 PM
The fishing was Slooooow for sure, there was some extreme overcast till around 2pm. I'm still after my first legal NPH butt, no luck on that front.

Was nice seeing you Slick Rick, me and Brandon were going to ask if you were on the site too haha, or invite you at least. I think brandon got your number.

Brandon was pumping up his tube and over did it a bit. He heard a small hiss which we figured was a leak from another trip, i had some water proof silicone so we were just going to patch it. When he went to open the zipper the tube exploded at the seam, scared the crap out of Brandon. After the initial shock I saw a tear in Branons eyes, so I came to the rescue with my extra tube.

Almost forgot, Grats Kirk on the new PB NPH Spottie!

flyngby
07-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Nice job Gentlemen!

Some quality pickens there for a slow day! :Wink:

But you left a few for me also as I chose to get there and get there at 4pm and managed a parking spot! :Big Smile:

Steve

Swank909
07-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Nice job Gentlemen!
I chose to get there and get there at 4pm and managed a parking spot! :Big Smile:

Ooooooh man, i forgot all about the parking incident. I think we spent the better part of the day trying to sort out the parking. Not to mention it was also street sweeping day.

Slick Rick
07-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Ooooooh man, i forgot all about the parking incident. I think we spent the better part of the day trying to sort out the parking. Not to mention it was also street sweeping day.

Dont even get me started about the parking there! My friend and I spent the better part of 2-1/2 hours trying to park before we ended up launching where you guys did. Sweeper, trash truck, and 1000's of drunk people made for a busy morning.

flyngby
07-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Dont even get me started about the parking there! My friend and I spent the better part of 2-1/2 hours trying to park before we ended up launching where you guys did. Sweeper, trash truck, and 1000's of drunk people made for a busy morning.

Yep! just some of the other Harbor Knowledge that comes with expierence!

I thought I was good one day as I fed the quarters to the parking meter on a Monday! I went back to feed it more just to see the the enforcement officer lift my wiper and place the paper under it! I approached and pleaded my case that there was still 3 minutes on the meter and he pointed to the sign for sweeping, grinned and drove off!

Anglerfish
07-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Nice pic's guy's!!! Especially the one with 'Slick Rick" floating by....LOL!!! I was the other guy there with Rick on the green fat cat. Never fished NPH before, and I must say, pretty nice! Just wasn't prepared for the "Spotties"! I myself was hoping for Hali's........ Me and Sicker Rick will be heading out there again this weekend, maybe will see ya'll out there..........

JapanRon
07-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi CPT. kirk,

Nice job guys. Have to make it out wid ya's some day.

JapanRon

Slick Rick
07-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Thats just wrong... lol

I thought I was good one day as I fed the quarters to the parking meter on a Monday! I went back to feed it more just to see the the enforcement officer lift my wiper and place the paper under it! I approached and pleaded my case that there was still 3 minutes on the meter and he pointed to the sign for sweeping, grinned and drove off!

Swank909
07-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Nice pic's guy's!!! Especially the one with 'Slick Rick" floating by....LOL!!! I was the other guy there with Rick on the green fat cat. Never fished NPH before, and I must say, pretty nice! Just wasn't prepared for the "Spotties"! I myself was hoping for Hali's........ Me and Sicker Rick will be heading out there again this weekend, maybe will see ya'll out there..........

Welcome to t he Boards Kevin!

I was just straight up targeting the Hali's that day and couldnt produce a single one, got some Spotties, but still no legal Hali :(

If you have any questions you can PM any of us, same for you Rick

Nice job guys. Have to make it out wid ya's some day.

JapanRon

Ron you know you're invited anytime, actually we did invite you! lol

Anglerfish
07-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks Swank, I'll keep that in mined.

CPT. Kirk
07-08-2010, 09:22 PM
You should join us I have only been out twice and still have a lot to learn.

smokehound
07-08-2010, 09:26 PM

I thought I was good one day as I fed the quarters to the parking meter on a Monday! I went back to feed it more just to see the the enforcement officer lift my wiper and place the paper under it! I approached and pleaded my case that there was still 3 minutes on the meter and he pointed to the sign for sweeping, grinned and drove off!Dude what a dick!! He grinned at you!? Screw the police!!