PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris?

reptile dude007
07-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Hello, my dad and I are thinking about going to lake perris this weekend to fish for bass and pan fish. Do you guys have any tips for us? Also I will be trying out the float tube I bought at the Fred Hall show earlier this year. Is this a good lake for a float tube newbie to tube?

Flying
07-06-2010, 01:20 AM
Its a great lake to tube. Everyone has there favorite spots there do to many different reasons. During the summer months I like Bernasconi. You stay away from the main park crowds and don't really have to kick very far at all to be on fish.Bernasconi road goes straight into the water so it makes for easy launching. There are tons of little gills and reds out there now.Pretty easy to get the hand size ones. Most of the bass I've seen have been dinks. Grass has started to grow in the shallows. Work the outside edges for bass.

Sublime-Steve
07-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Flying, is spot on.. enjoy your trip

reptile dude007
07-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Thank you very much!
WHere is Bernasconi?

tunagod1
07-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Bernasconi is on the south side of the lake, If you enter Perris from the Dam side, Rather than turn to enter Perris, continue down the ramona express go over the hill past the Dam. As you come down the Hill on Romona express the entrance is on the left side. There is no sign, and you can't see the lake from where you turn. You will head up a steep hill and down the other side to enter the lake. If you look on google you will see what I mean.

I agree with the previous posters, Fish the bernasconi side this time of year. Last weekend we had limit style action on the big Perris Bluegill. Two weeks ago my buddy caught a 6.5 lb LMB and I ended up with 2 around 3lbs plus a bunch of Bluegill.
Most of the Bluegill were caught at the Island but thats becuase we have a boat now. We fished from shore for years and found the Bernasconi side much more productive this time of year.

Flying
07-07-2010, 03:51 AM
Here's the Perris lake map to help you out also http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/651/files/LakePerrisWEBPDF.pdf

adiablo420
07-10-2010, 03:14 PM
do you have to pay to go through bernasconi and whats the earliest u can go in through there...

Flying
07-10-2010, 05:13 PM
do you have to pay to go through bernasconi and whats the earliest u can go in through there...

Its $10 just like the main park. Its self pay during the week so have correct change. There's a ranger on weekends during the summer months to take your money.The gate opens around 6am.

tree
07-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Its $10 just like the main park. Its self pay during the week so have correct change. There's a ranger on weekends during the summer months to take your money.The gate opens around 6am.

I've been to Perris a few times. I was wondering if there's a way to walk in instead of driving and paying $10? At Puddingstone you can walk about 10 minutes in if you park at the carpool area.

Flying
07-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I've been to Perris a few times. I was wondering if there's a way to walk in instead of driving and paying $10? At Puddingstone you can walk about 10 minutes in if you park at the carpool area.

Yes you can walk or bicycle in for free. The $10 is a parking fee.

A lot of people park outside the gate at Bernasconi and walk in. I don't recommend this due to break ins. I've seen plenty of busted windows there.

For the main park you could try parking in the fair grounds but that's still a long walk.I can't recommend this either as I don't know if its allowed.They hold a lot of events there during the weekends so it might not be cool to park there.

fishmounter
07-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Call the Lake Perris State Recreation Area and ask them where you can park to walk in. 951-940-5600

tunagod1
07-11-2010, 07:59 AM

Yes, the place to walk in from is the Bernasconi beach side, Park along the road before the gate, then walk in (its about a 5-10 min walk to the lake.

Tuna

smokehound
07-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Man, it's such a pain to get here on the bus. :LOL:

I have to take FIVE buses here.. :rofl: