PDA

View Full Version : Havasu

drifter023
07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Any body doing Havasu lately? Might be there this Friday to give it a try.:???:

Eat Sleep Fish
07-05-2010, 07:59 PM
If you're targeting Stripers...DEAD.

If you're targeting Strippers...well now that's a different story!

Really though, fishing has been almost non-existent for Striper.

drifter023
07-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey thanks for the reply yea talking about stripers was thinking of fishing in the river, the lake has not been good to me this year so far. The stripper action is always wide open but I can,t aford the lures anymore.......:Razz:

Eddiem
07-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Hey thanks for the reply yea talking about stripers was thinking of fishing in the river, the lake has not been good to me this year so far. The stripper action is always wide open but I can,t aford the lures anymore.......:Razz:

i went there this weekend and caught 8 catfishish with frenchfries

drifter023
07-07-2010, 09:44 PM
O.k. headed to Havasu Friday morning going for the river, fishing the lake has not been good. Will update when back going to troll and try cut bait (anchovies):Big Grin: Maybe take a few fries just incase....:Wink:

fishnfrk05
07-09-2010, 06:02 PM
havasu bite was slow for stripers over the week of the 4th, caught a few smallies and largies on sinking worms the color of choice water watermelon with spots. Did see a boat hooked up on stripers with u rigs around copper canyon area. good luck

Lightning
07-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I tried fishing a bit 4th of July weekend around Friendly Isle across from Copper Canyon.Had a few Smallies follow my plastic swimbaits but no takers.Switched to drop shot...nothin.Better luck next time I hope.

drifter023
07-12-2010, 06:30 PM
:Angry:OK, fished the river ZERO Stripers but got the catfish again this time keeped a few for dinner. Next time we are going for the cat's! Caught one 5.5lbs. I always check the stomaches to see what they are eating this one had anchovie head and tail some crawdads and a bird in it was going to take a photo but wife got frecked out so no photo. Man Havasu stripers have been kicking my A** this year I know they are there some where.:Angry::Angry:

DarkShadow
07-13-2010, 08:34 PM
I always check the stomaches to see what they are eating this one had anchovie head and tail some crawdads and a bird in it.

A bird, eh?

Did any have frenchfries in 'em?

drifter023
07-13-2010, 09:06 PM
A bird, eh?

Did any have frenchfries in 'em?
Yea a bird no fries but he said it taste like chicken.:Razz:

Bo_Star
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
try cut chovies up in the topock Gorge,

yucaipahunter
07-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Just spent a week at Havasu, only fished the channel by London Bridge while relaxing and sipping some cold ones, we caught several cats on cheetos, I tried the " cheeto fly" ( Foam earplug) with a slit shot and landed a couple cats. Most fish were around 3-4 lbs, all released, did catch one carp on a cheeto but all the other fish were cats. 4lb test, size 6 octopus hooks, Good Times!

drifter023
07-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Were they regular flavor or the red hot? I might have to try tacos or steak to get them stripers to bite....

yucaipahunter
07-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Regular Crunchy cheetos, the longer the better!Like a cheeto worm! Also had 2 cats on chocalate goldfish , try anything that stays on the hook and floats. Again this was only in the channel by the Bridge.....