PDA

View Full Version : Good Day on the Icon

vballfisher
07-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Went out of Berth 55 on the Icon and had a very fun day. The load wasn't heavy and the people on the boat were great. One deckhand was very helpful, and the crew was willing to lend a helping hand when needed. Got alot of help[ from the galley guy, he was the most helpful of them all.

I ended the day with 3 Cudas, caught another 5 that were short and farmed 2 keepers, and 9 Claicos. Most on the boat, who were setting up as the captain advised were getting plenty of action on the calicos.

One thing I liked about this trip. I kno captains like to travel around and find the fish. However, we sat on a spot that had been producing limits for the icon this week and the captain just asked us to be patient. Once the current picked up he told us the bass would bite. He sure was right. Like a light switch it turned on in a heartbeat.

Got the cudas at the end on the day on the jigs. Had a ton of fun fighting them on my Bass pole and only 15 pound test. I know, it's not meant for jigs/cudas. But I don't go enough to have a "jig" rod so it had to do and it was a ton of fun.

I will definitely give the Icon my money again in the near future =).

Sorry no pics, but it was a solo venture and I didn't want to bother others with the whole "Hey can you take my picture" thing.

JapanRon
07-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi vballfisher,

Great report. Icon is a nice boat and the skipper is liked by patrons and a number of other skippers alike from seeing various exchanges.

Great parking, out the door pretty quick, and ...... one of our very own mans the counter there a number of days a week!

JapanRon

Ambassadorhawg
07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Howdy there,

I was on the Monte Carlo today. I saw the Icon out there amongst the Cattleboats! It was a good day for us, too! First Gar, then Bass.