PDA

View Full Version : Lundy Lake...

jlgarciaiii22
07-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Late Report from last weekend thurs-sun trip...

Fished two mornings at Lundy Lake for limits both days, the first day was hitting them hard with Salmon Peach PowerBait dipped in Garlic, and the second threw everything at them for nothing, until I finally popped open the brand new jar of Corn PowerBait and the trout went crazy with a slow retrieval and were slamming my line. Got a couple big alpers that gave really good fights to get them in.

Also fished Lake Mary, Gull Lake and Owens River for a few trout but nothing spectacular

If I could figure out how to post my pictures I will later...

billy b
07-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Late Report from last weekend thurs-sun trip...

Fished two mornings at Lundy Lake for limits both days, the first day was hitting them hard with Salmon Peach PowerBait dipped in Garlic, and the second threw everything at them for nothing, until I finally popped open the brand new jar of Corn PowerBait and the trout went crazy with a slow retrieval and were slamming my line. Got a couple big alpers that gave really good fights to get them in.

Also fished Lake Mary, Gull Lake and Owens River for a few trout but nothing spectacular

If I could figure out how to post my pictures I will later...

CONGRATS ... interesting stuff. You did well one day and came back to the same thing the next day ... and it didn't work at all? I did have nothing working at Bport until I finally tried my Corn flavor. Which Garlic scent did you use.

Another question ... where were you on Gull?

FWIW ... I usually use a filled bubble as my sliding sinker if I'm going to slowly retrieve ... (seems to work the best with the weed thing) ... is that what you used?