PDA

View Full Version : Chula Vista Area Ocean questions

Lunker1979
07-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Couple questions boys......I'm headed down to the Chula Vista RV campground next week and I thought I'd try some ocean fishing down there. Anyone have any suggestions on a good area for me to go what or what's happening down there? I'm a major freshwater guy but I'm sure I can handle some ocean stuff. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.....thanks.!

Nessie Hunter
07-03-2010, 07:18 AM
The 3/4 day boats out of H&M or Fishermans landing are hitting the Coronado Isl and getting some Good Yellow tail action..
And some excellent rock fish & ling cod etc..

It seem to be getting better & better as the water warms up also...

3/4 day boats are about $95, 'plus' food & fish cleaning.
Mex permits are included on almost all...

Check fish counts then;
Call and make sure they are going there, and what is included etc...

Lunker1979
07-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm not a big fan of the cattle boats.........is there any type of shore fishing down there? I might just soak some squid or throw some LC's and see what I get. Better yet, maybe there is some freshwater down there. I'll have to look at a map and see what's happening down there I guess. Thanks for the response.

WARRIORMIKE
07-03-2010, 01:26 PM
light line and work the shallows for Corbina

murrieta angler
07-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Just take some 2" and 4" gulp bait and throw it into the water. Look for any baitfish in the water and also sand crabs.
When the tide goes back out look for the bubbles in the sand and dig.
Right now with the weather so nice , it's almost a gimme to get on some fish.
Also, don't forget to take a couple of hard baits and try fishing for the hali's. Toss out about 30-40 feet and a good slow retrieve ALL THE WAY back to you.
Good Luck,
Robert