PDA

View Full Version : What is the Meaning of Team 57?

Bassnman Mike
07-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I've searched the site, maybe just not looking in the right place, and cant find the answer so I figured I'd ask.

I do know that Team 57 is a group of people that enjoy fishing and helping out the community but what exactly is the origin of the name? Just curious.

BassnMan Mike

seal
07-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Yea know Mike I've wondered the same thing for quite a few years now, just too chicken to ask. Glad you did.

I thought maybe it was a reference to the 57 freeway, that's all I could come up with.....

Fishbones
07-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I think it was the number on Dana's race car.

SierraPeaks
07-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I thought you had to be 57 years old...there was no way I was going to admit I'm eligible soon.

HBAR
07-02-2010, 02:20 PM
I thought you had to be 57 years old...there was no way I was going to admit I'm eligible soon.

well that would leave me out since I'll be 41 this month

Sue
07-02-2010, 02:28 PM
It was the number of Dana's race car.

Fishbones
07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
It was the number of Dana's race car.

thats what i thought, thanks sue

bullets_full
07-02-2010, 03:12 PM
It was the number of Dana's car when he use to race........He spells out the meaning on his website:

http://www.team57fishing.com/about.html

SierraPeaks
07-02-2010, 03:48 PM
I used to race...but if I started a club...I'd have to call it "Team Crash"

troutdog
07-02-2010, 04:18 PM
"Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing". That's what its all about.

To me personally it also means if you see someone wearing a TEAM57 shirt they are more than likely going to help you out if you ask, give you advice, make sure you have the right set up/tackle, hand a bent rod to your kid or help put you on some fish.

See you on the water,

TD

Bassnman Mike
07-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Yea know Mike I've wondered the same thing for quite a few years now, just too chicken to ask. Glad you did.

I thought maybe it was a reference to the 57 freeway, that's all I could come up with.....

HA! I dont feel so stupid anymore because I thought the same thing.

NoHo ART
07-02-2010, 07:45 PM
"Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing". That's what its all about.

To me personally it also means if you see someone wearing a TEAM57 shirt they are more than likely going to help you out if you ask, give you advice, make sure you have the right set up/tackle, hand a bent rod to your kid or help put you on some fish.

See you on the water,

TD
what if you make fun of em when they farm a fish:???::Secret::ROFL:

Sue
07-02-2010, 07:49 PM

Says the voice of experience :ROFL: :ROFL:

DockRat
07-02-2010, 09:05 PM
57 is a generic name for a mixed up bunch of whatever ?

Team 57 is a bunch of fishermen made up of all races and sexes.

Kinda like a mixed breed dog you call a Heinz 57.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd324/erauche3/DSCN2911.jpg

READ BELOW FOR THE COMPLETE STORY !

57 (fifty-seven) is the natural number following 56 and preceding 58.

Contents [hide]
1 In mathematics
2 In science
2.1 Astronomy
3 In music
4 In fiction and media
5 In sports
6 In other fields
7 Historical years
8 References

In mathematics
Fifty-seven is the sixteenth discrete semiprime and the sixth in the (3.q) family. With 58 it forms the fourth discrete bi-prime pair. 57 has an aliquot sum of 23 and is the first composite member of the 23-aliquot tree. Although 57 is not prime, it is jokingly known as the "Grothendieck prime" after a story in which Grothendieck advances it as an example of a particular prime number.[1]

As a semiprime, 57 is a Blum integer since its two prime factors are both Gaussian primes.

57 is a 20-gonal number. It is a Leyland number since 25 + 52 = 57.

57 is a repdigit in base 7 (111).

The exceptional simple Lie group, E8, can be expressed as the symmetries of a 57-dimensional object.

In science
The atomic number of Lanthanum, the first of the Lanthanides

Astronomy
Messier object M57, a magnitude 9.5 planetary nebula in the constellation Lyra, also known as the Ring Nebula
The New General Catalogue object NGC 57, an elliptical galaxy in the constellation Pisces.[2]
The Saros cycle number of the solar eclipse series which began on -1161 June 17 and ended on 137 August. The duration of Saros series 57 was 1298.1 years, and it contained 73 solar eclipses.[3]
The Saros cycle number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -823 April 16 and ended on 475 June. The duration of Saros series 57 was 1298.1 years, and it contained 73 lunar eclipses.[4]

In music
Incident on 57th Street, a song by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, from their 1973 album, "The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle"
57 Channels (and Nothin' On), a song by Bruce Springsteen, from his 1992 album Human Touch
"57", the name of a song by Biffy Clyro on their 2002 debut album, Blackened Sky
Andy Warstar's record label - Studio 57
Alternative country band Slick 57
The Sure SM 57 is considered the workhorse of recording mics

In fiction and media
B'hrian Bloodaxe, the first Low King of the dwarfs, killed fifty-seven trolls in the legendary Battle of Koom Valley on Discworld (a fictional world created by author Terry Pratchett)
Summer of Fifty Seven by Stephen C. Joseph
There are 57 movie references in the movie 'Scream'. [citation needed]
Passenger 57, a film starring Wesley Snipes
Agent 57 is the name of the master of disguise in the television series Dangermouse.
The 57th Overlanders is a fictional brigade mentioned in the television series Firefly.
C-57D is the designation of the spaceship featured in the movie Forbidden Planet, and is referenced in the movie Serenity as well.
West 57 was a weekly news-magazine show on CBS, 1985–89, hosted by Meredith Vieira.
Studio 57 was a dramatic anthology series in 1954, starring Brian Keith and Carolyn Jones.
The Fabulous 57 were disk jockeys on WMCA 570 Radio, New York during the 1960s.
Marvel Comics' character Vision debuts in issue #57 of The Avengers.
The climax of the movie Eraser occurs on Pier 57.
The Robot Chicken sketch "Pluto Nash Day" notes that 57 people at 20th Century Fox Studios died amid rioting and suicide.
A Robot Chicken parody of the NBC TV series Heroes uses the episode title "Chapter Fifty-seven: Uncle Glen."
The Cartoon Network program Metalocalypse has a fictional television station WHYK-57.

In sports
The number 57 is or was worn by:

New York Mets pitcher Johan Santana
Chicago Bears center Olin Kreutz
Former Atlanta Falcons center Jeff Van Note
Former Miami Dolphins center Dwight Stephenson
New York Jets middle linebacker Bart Scott
Nick Vega, center for the Santa Clara Bruins
Washington Capitals centre Kyle Wilson
Tyler Myers, Buffalo Sabres defenseman
[edit] In other fields
Fifty-seven is:

A Boy Scout Troop from the Des Plaines Valley Council
The number of the French department Moselle
The code for international direct dial phone calls to Colombia
The designation of Interstate 57 (I-57), a freeway that runs from Miner, Missouri to Chicago
Municipal Okrug 57, in Nevsky District of Saint Petersburg, Russia
Heinz 57 is a brand of sauce, and the number of varieties of foods claimed to be produced by the H.J. Heinz Company
The model name of a Maybach car
Ship: USS Lake Champlain CG 57
Carnegie Hall is on West 57th Street in New York City
"Prop(osition) 57" is one of a number of anti-ketchup packet groups on Facebook designed to bring attention to the shortcomings of take-out condiment packaging. The name is a reference to Heinz Co. which debuted a new design in test markets in early 2010[5]

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac93/Fistfulofcoupons/57.jpg DR

smokinflies
07-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the thread Bassnman Mike. I had no idea what the "57" stood for either.

57 is a generic name for a mixed up bunch of whatever ?

Team 57 is a bunch of fishermen made up of all races and sexes.

Kinda like a mixed breed dog you call a Heinz 57.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd324/erauche3/DSCN2911.jpg

READ BELOW FOR THE COMPLETE STORY !

57 (fifty-seven) is the natural number following 56 and preceding 58.

Contents [hide]
1 In mathematics
2 In science
2.1 Astronomy
3 In music
4 In fiction and media
5 In sports
6 In other fields
7 Historical years
8 References

In mathematics
Fifty-seven is the sixteenth discrete semiprime and the sixth in the (3.q) family. With 58 it forms the fourth discrete bi-prime pair. 57 has an aliquot sum of 23 and is the first composite member of the 23-aliquot tree. Although 57 is not prime, it is jokingly known as the "Grothendieck prime" after a story in which Grothendieck advances it as an example of a particular prime number.[1]

As a semiprime, 57 is a Blum integer since its two prime factors are both Gaussian primes.

57 is a 20-gonal number. It is a Leyland number since 25 + 52 = 57.

57 is a repdigit in base 7 (111).

The exceptional simple Lie group, E8, can be expressed as the symmetries of a 57-dimensional object.

In science
The atomic number of Lanthanum, the first of the Lanthanides

Astronomy
Messier object M57, a magnitude 9.5 planetary nebula in the constellation Lyra, also known as the Ring Nebula
The New General Catalogue object NGC 57, an elliptical galaxy in the constellation Pisces.[2]
The Saros cycle number of the solar eclipse series which began on -1161 June 17 and ended on 137 August. The duration of Saros series 57 was 1298.1 years, and it contained 73 solar eclipses.[3]
The Saros cycle number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -823 April 16 and ended on 475 June. The duration of Saros series 57 was 1298.1 years, and it contained 73 lunar eclipses.[4]

In music
Incident on 57th Street, a song by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, from their 1973 album, "The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle"
57 Channels (and Nothin' On), a song by Bruce Springsteen, from his 1992 album Human Touch
"57", the name of a song by Biffy Clyro on their 2002 debut album, Blackened Sky
Andy Warstar's record label - Studio 57
Alternative country band Slick 57
The Sure SM 57 is considered the workhorse of recording mics

In fiction and media
B'hrian Bloodaxe, the first Low King of the dwarfs, killed fifty-seven trolls in the legendary Battle of Koom Valley on Discworld (a fictional world created by author Terry Pratchett)
Summer of Fifty Seven by Stephen C. Joseph
There are 57 movie references in the movie 'Scream'. [citation needed]
Passenger 57, a film starring Wesley Snipes
Agent 57 is the name of the master of disguise in the television series Dangermouse.
The 57th Overlanders is a fictional brigade mentioned in the television series Firefly.
C-57D is the designation of the spaceship featured in the movie Forbidden Planet, and is referenced in the movie Serenity as well.
West 57 was a weekly news-magazine show on CBS, 1985–89, hosted by Meredith Vieira.
Studio 57 was a dramatic anthology series in 1954, starring Brian Keith and Carolyn Jones.
The Fabulous 57 were disk jockeys on WMCA 570 Radio, New York during the 1960s.
Marvel Comics' character Vision debuts in issue #57 of The Avengers.
The climax of the movie Eraser occurs on Pier 57.
The Robot Chicken sketch "Pluto Nash Day" notes that 57 people at 20th Century Fox Studios died amid rioting and suicide.
A Robot Chicken parody of the NBC TV series Heroes uses the episode title "Chapter Fifty-seven: Uncle Glen."
The Cartoon Network program Metalocalypse has a fictional television station WHYK-57.

In sports
The number 57 is or was worn by:

New York Mets pitcher Johan Santana
Chicago Bears center Olin Kreutz
Former Atlanta Falcons center Jeff Van Note
Former Miami Dolphins center Dwight Stephenson
New York Jets middle linebacker Bart Scott
Nick Vega, center for the Santa Clara Bruins
Washington Capitals centre Kyle Wilson
Tyler Myers, Buffalo Sabres defenseman
[edit] In other fields
Fifty-seven is:

A Boy Scout Troop from the Des Plaines Valley Council
The number of the French department Moselle
The code for international direct dial phone calls to Colombia
The designation of Interstate 57 (I-57), a freeway that runs from Miner, Missouri to Chicago
Municipal Okrug 57, in Nevsky District of Saint Petersburg, Russia
Heinz 57 is a brand of sauce, and the number of varieties of foods claimed to be produced by the H.J. Heinz Company
The model name of a Maybach car
Ship: USS Lake Champlain CG 57
Carnegie Hall is on West 57th Street in New York City
"Prop(osition) 57" is one of a number of anti-ketchup packet groups on Facebook designed to bring attention to the shortcomings of take-out condiment packaging. The name is a reference to Heinz Co. which debuted a new design in test markets in early 2010[5]

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac93/Fistfulofcoupons/57.jpg DR

Waaaaaay too much time on your hands...

troutdog
07-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Look for the most convenient excuse available like any good angler would of course! :Wink: :LOL:

TD