PDA

View Full Version : ninja session at redondo harbor..

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Headed out to torrance about 5pm, just got wind my lil brothers wife is having her baby at lil company of mary. so i googled it and 2 water land marks pop up ALONDRA and REDONDO HARBOR. fresh or salt? screw through the freshwater gear back in the garage and grabbed my salt water arsenal..chilled with the family till 10:00 when visiting hours was over. I had asked the wife if she wanted to just stay the night since we had to comeback the next morning for some erands we had to run..so i got the o.k. and to redondo we headed..
i got to the water about 11:30pm and checked out the marina on my map on my phone for a lay out plan..it was slow at first, i parked at joes crab shack and worked it towards the redondo pier with no bites. but i did meet alot of cool bait and wait anglers off the rocks..i guess one guy caught a baby striper, yeah a striper..trip on that..from the pier walking back thats when all hell broke lose when i caught my first fat spottie, weighed in at 2 1/2lbs but i think it had to be more than that, i got the walmart $5 special scale and it sux ###..caught him on a red/white skirted jighead with a brwn/yellow/tan Big hammer body..3 bumps off the bottom was all it took..i had 4lb test line on and had to pull up about 4 ft out of water one tail shake would have killed the line and my night, but this was the end result..i put him near a box of newports ( OFFICIAL BIG*GAME*HUNTER FISH RULER) and the taclke box i got from the tourney I WON just for size reffrences..

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/100_2421.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/100_2423.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/100_2426.jpg
whining disclaimer:THIS IS PIX OF THE 2 1/2LBER all the same fish..
here are pix of the other spottie i caught almost 10 ft down from here i caught the other spottie and one smaller version of a spottie. last fish came in at 6:30am on a mackrel school swimming through the harbor, wide open on mack daddys. catch and releashed about 10 and all caught on gulp shad drop/shot on a fast jerk retrieve and they smashed on it, caught about 10 before i left at 8:30 to meet up with my wife and brother..all and all ninja fishing fresh or salt, it's still a goodtime..heres the fish count and one vid of the macks school frenzy..
2spotties
1baby spottie
10 or so macks open bite........
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/100_2427-2.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/100_2429.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/100_2434.jpg
GIVE ME SOME TIME TO LOAD THE VID ON YOUTUBE FOR THE MACK SESS..THANX FOR THE READ GUYS SEE YOU THERE...

smokehound
07-01-2010, 04:06 PM
2nd to last fish is actually a rockfish =) good job man.

seems lately, the harbors have been getting much better action during the evenings.

troutdog
07-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Good job out there BGH, nice spottie!

"We're not at the wash anymore Toto" :LOL:

TD

dfisher
07-01-2010, 06:14 PM
good catch BGH. That mack looks bigger than normal coming from redondo.

Fishbones
07-01-2010, 08:07 PM
congrats on the fat spot BGH thats one of my favorite places to fish,

sure wish you had a pic and proof of the baby striper,.,.

keep it up bro,.,.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-01-2010, 09:58 PM
congrats on the fat spot BGH thats one of my favorite places to fish,

sure wish you had a pic and proof of the baby striper,.,.

keep it up bro,.,.
i didn't see it myself niether, the guy told me that was his only catch there and he c&r it....tripped me out to..i've heard of them running up and down the coast on a couple forums..

TFC_arvilJDM
07-02-2010, 06:42 AM
Diggin those "shades" haha.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Diggin those "shades" haha.

gangsta homie...hahaha...

sawoobley
07-02-2010, 12:19 PM
i didn't see it myself niether, the guy told me that was his only catch there and he c&r it....tripped me out to..i've heard of them running up and down the coast on a couple forums..

It could of been a California Salema instead of a striper. The problem with listening to other people's stories that sound a bit fishy is that half of the time they are exaggerating or are mistaken. I've been bitten a few times myself. If you saw it yourself I would be more inclined to believe it. I'm just sayin... It would be cool to hook up with a striper at the harbor though!

:Cool:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
It could of been a California Salema instead of a striper. The problem with listening to other people's stories that sound a bit fishy is that half of the time they are exaggerating or are mistaken. I've been bitten a few times myself. If you saw it yourself I would be more inclined to believe it. I'm just sayin... It would be cool to hook up with a striper at the harbor though!

true that, maybe the guy had to lie cause he was talking to a kick *** angler as myself...lol

sawoobley
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
I guess it is much easier than doing this...

:Worship:

:LOL:

DockRat
07-02-2010, 09:55 PM
WTG I had never even seen a Spottie in King Harbor and fished that spot first in 1972.
DR

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-03-2010, 01:53 AM
WTG I had never even seen a Spottie in King Harbor and fished that spot first in 1972.
DR

yeah, it took me awhile to find the first one i caught..but they are in there..let me know if you want the spot i got these...

Danny300
07-03-2010, 01:56 AM
yeah, it took me awhile to find the first one i caught..but they are in there..let me know if you want the spot i got these...

your my hero!

DockRat
07-03-2010, 06:49 AM

Next trip to KH will be for Bonito. Maybe sat after work 5 ish

NOTHING beats catching Tuna off the rocks.
DR

DR

murrieta angler
07-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Nice job with the multi species night session.
Good lookin SBB, mack and rockfish.
Robert

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-03-2010, 02:45 PM
your my hero!
thats what your old lady tells me when i',m sporting the batman undies.....lol

Next trip to KH will be for Bonito. Maybe sat after work 5 ish

NOTHING beats catching Tuna off the rocks.
DR

DR
tuna off the rocks? if you don't mind letting me in on how that works, that'll be cool...

DockRat
07-04-2010, 06:15 AM
tuna off the rocks? if you don't mind letting me in on how that works, that'll be cool...

Went after work tossing a new sardine Kroc then a blue/chrome Kastmaster for NO BITES.
It is fun tossing lures 20' from pedel boat rentals and yakers.

Random pic
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/Moohan83/My%20Fishing%20Photos/Bonnie.jpg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Bonito (disambiguation).
Bonito

Atlantic bonito, Sarda sarda
Scientific classification
Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Class: Actinopterygii

Order: Perciformes

Family: Scombridae

Genus: Sarda
Plumier in Lacepède, 1802
Bonito is a name given to various species of medium-sized, predatory fish of the genus Sarda, in the mackerel family, including the common or Atlantic bonito (Sarda sarda) and the Pacific bonito.

More generally, bonito can refer to any of various scombroid fishes related to but smaller than tuna.

Swank909
07-04-2010, 05:36 PM
lb for lb Bonito is my favorite fighting fish.

Jaysuuun
07-05-2010, 11:13 AM
That first spottie is fat. I hear there are some hawg spotties in that harbor. I've also heard that harbor patrol has that place locked down, so it's a little difficult to fish now.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-05-2010, 04:03 PM
That first spottie is fat. I hear there are some hawg spotties in that harbor. I've also heard that harbor patrol has that place locked down, so it's a little difficult to fish now.

not for ninjas?