PDA

View Full Version : Lake Isabella / Kern River fishing help

SNEAKS
07-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Im going up to Isabella this weekend (ya I know its going to be a zoo) for a few days and wanted to hit up some of the crappie and of course bass spots. I will be fishing from shore and if its not too windy using my float tube. I hear that the lake is up from this time last year so its like learning the lake all over again. Usually I just hit up Boulder and French Gulch but have a felling its going to be packed with people and jetskiers. Anyone have some good spots that they want to share. If they are some secret spots your willing to tell PM me and I will not let the word out(promise). I also want to hit up a few spots on the upper river for some trout. Any help there would be cool to.

SNEAKS
07-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I guess nobody has any helpful locations. Off to the lake in a few hours

Big Bo
07-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Sorry I don`t get on here daily. Hope you report back some info.

SNEAKS
07-06-2010, 06:42 PM
No luck on the crappie but did good catching some bass. All came off topwater and shakeyheads. The lake was packed with many seadoo parasites which made things a bit tough. It was nice having the water levels back up around the trees.

DirtyDave413
07-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey SNEAKS, did you see many carp up there? I will be heading up there next month and want to get in some Bowfishing

SNEAKS
07-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Lots of carp in the shallows around the willows.