PDA

View Full Version : Great year for White Seabass fishing

KID CREOLE
07-01-2010, 08:56 AM
For all of us who have gotten lucky enough to catch a ghost, this is a reminder to turn the heads into a landing or takle shop so they can be scanned. This is important info for the management of these fish and the hatchery that releaases them.

Remember, some of these CWT(coded wire tags) have rewards

Please turn in the heads!

Fishbones
07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Great reminder and thread KID CREOLE, Im sure they were listening when you said reward...lol

FISHINGBEE
07-01-2010, 12:16 PM
GREAT JOB1 WSB are showing in Monterey Bay all the way up to SF bay where a 45 lber at the Alameda break wall
Great WSB year indeed.

FISHINGBEE

KID CREOLE
07-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Guys just to show you how important this info can be, here's what happened to me.

About 6-7 years ago while working as a deckhand on the 6-pak boat "Tonnage" we had a charter, went to Catalina and caught really quick limits, one fish at that time!

I put the fish on ice until we were on our way home and I filleted them off the the fish leaving the spine and head whole. These fish were in the 25-28lb range and at that time were thought to be to large to be tagged.

At that time the Tonnage had a hatchery probe that would detect a tag, so we scanned the 7 heads and the last one set off the probe.

This fish turned out at the time to be the oldest tagged white seabass weighing somewhere in the mid 20 lb range, was 8 or so years old female with eggs and was released along the coast near Santa Barbera.

Please turn in the heads!