PDA

View Full Version : Perris marina 6/30

MiM
06-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Went to Perris this morning to have a shot at some bass and bluegill. Started out the morning shortly after opening at the marina with a dropshot in the marina with a 6in. Fat Robo in morning dawn and was able to land one. about 30 min. later farmed a nicer sized fish. After a a few more casts decided to get into the non stop small bluegill bite that i saw my friend and his father in law in. Crickets were the main bait for the small Gills, but in the earlier part of the morning they were taking nightcrawlers also. We finally left with the bite still going about 1 p.m.
All in all a fun day with good friends. If you go make sure to take the sun screen, a hat and some drinking water.

sorry no pics. all fish other than the bass were all basically the same size (small) and even he wasn't that big

Tight Lines,
MiM

Jig-Guy
07-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi MiM, Thanks for your report! It is great that you got out there and got bit.
I will be talking to you soon on the land line.

Jig-Guy / Bill

Went to Perris this morning to have a shot at some bass and bluegill. Started out the morning shortly after opening at the marina with a dropshot in the marina with a 6in. Fat Robo in morning dawn and was able to land one. about 30 min. later farmed a nicer sized fish. After a a few more casts decided to get into the non stop small bluegill bite that i saw my friend and his father in law in. Crickets were the main bait for the small Gills, but in the earlier part of the morning they were taking nightcrawlers also. We finally left with the bite still going about 1 p.m.
All in all a fun day with good friends. If you go make sure to take the sun screen, a hat and some drinking water.

sorry no pics. all fish other than the bass were all basically the same size (small) and even he wasn't that big

Tight Lines,
MiM

Natural Lefty
07-03-2010, 08:52 PM
In case anyone is interested, the small Bluegills are still biting on flies at Perris (bobber and fly for me). I caught "only" 23 of the little critters yesterday from about 7-8:30 p.m. in the launch ramp area, mostly on a Black Gnat pattern. (I caught 27 last time there which was in May, I think.) Alas, all of the ones I caught were also small, subadults, so I put them all back. There was a wading bird of some sort that kept watching me and wishing it could bring them in the way I was. One time, it went after my bobber, then spit it out after realizing it wasn't food; it was pretty funny to see. Next time, I think I will try a different spot at Perris that might have more of the larger fish, but it was fun "catching."