PDA

View Full Version : Bako boyz hit A/V duct last weekend for first time, with pics

cutbait
06-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Don't know the roads. It was like 3,000tsths or 2,546ths rd and Avenue L 1.3 or something like that. Do roads in the A/V not have names or what?

Anyway, came back with a skunk stripe. Don't know how you A/Vans do it? tough fishing down that way. Even hit a siphon for no love

Tried all from powerbait, to Bigmac's to banjo minnow... No luck

First spot was difficult to keep lure in strike zone

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/concrete-ditch-irrigation.jpg

Second spot was the siphon. Also found that I need to work on keeping the bait in the strike zone for more than 2-3 cranks

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/siphon.jpg

trail blazer
06-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Bet it was TOUGH getting skunk,d with all that QUALITY fish habatat right under your nose bro,,,,,,
Better luck next time,,,,,,,,,,,

Bet its wide open when a school of them posts up at that siphon

LOL times 10

yolo
06-30-2010, 08:55 PM
You should have vertical jigged off the wooden bridge.

xjdesertfox
06-30-2010, 09:38 PM
LOL i laughed so hard.

for 5 mins i just sat here staring at the screen wondering if the OP was serious.

sawoobley
06-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Looks like the gates weren't open. That's your problem right there. In that case bait and wait for kitty's. Stick to the KPN lures for stripers. I would have tried for carp at that siphon (try corn). If your going to use the banjo minnow you must watch the video first, practice a lot and get the 006 version! Your powerbait will work better on the kitty's if you mix it with ground up shrimp pellets from Wal-mart (pet section). For the Big Mac you must hold the lettuce as they cannot digest it easily, so they do not like it. Also use 2lb test line or pantyhose and perhaps a treble hook to hold the Big Mac on the hook.

About the strike zone... I recommend using a bobber.

If you think A/V is tough then try Hesperia! The water barely makes it that far.

There are no fish in the duct.

Keep up the hard work and remember its called fishing not catching. Enjoy the outdoors and nature while your at it. Finally, remember to use mono and change it often as the concrete river is quite abrasive on your line and you don't want to loose that DD when you finally hook up. :Wink:

:Cool:

Danny300
06-30-2010, 11:19 PM
LOL@Cutbait Best Post I've seen in quite some time!

madwire3
07-01-2010, 12:12 AM
hah awesome report,, was this a burn on A/V? haha niceeee

FINSMACKDOWN
07-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Mike, i didnt realize you were that bitter on the ride home sunday. All this AV'er has to say is SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!! Hahahahah. You know what im talkin bout!

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Don't know the roads. It was like 3,000tsths or 2,546ths rd and Avenue L 1.3 or something like that. Do roads in the A/V not have names or what?

Anyway, came back with a skunk stripe. Don't know how you A/Vans do it? tough fishing down that way. Even hit a siphon for no love

Tried all from powerbait, to Bigmac's to banjo minnow... No luck

First spot was difficult to keep lure in strike zone

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/concrete-ditch-irrigation.jpg

Second spot was the siphon. Also found that I need to work on keeping the bait in the strike zone for more than 2-3 cranks

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/siphon.jpg
Fish it harder brotha ! there are there !....I caught 3 last week at that sweet overcrossing....

Had ta walk all 3 downstream to land them....didn't want to break off !

Water was not clear and rushing at 336 CFPM..

fish it LOW.....and SLOW....

U shoulda tried the high side o the siphon....you know, that deeper water !
thats about 17" deep.......

Or bait down on em next time with your pattented 6oz' pyramid sinker tequnique....

....If you fish it....they wil come !"

Fishbones
07-01-2010, 11:33 AM
ROFL x1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

we needed this a lot, thanks for the report,

i will have jeff put up a special Farmland reports section just for you.

CL SmooV
07-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Should of tried float tubin' near the third hose outlet north of the plywood bridge.

Use a slide bobber set at 15 feet too, fish are deep this time of year.

cutbait
07-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Mike, i didnt realize you were that bitter on the ride home sunday. All this AV'er has to say is SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!! Hahahahah. You know what im talkin bout!

Ah man that cuts deep. To think we were friends?

I want revenge. Now that you showed me have all those fish named and catch them over and over each Sunday, revenge will be mine! I do remember some of their names so watch out.

OHHH YEAH????? I do recall you pitched in to the visible fish, we watched him chase your bait and like a NOOB you swung and missed. What happened then??? Cutbait pitched in behind you and had to back up your slack....

fishinone
07-01-2010, 03:59 PM
ROFL x1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

we needed this a lot, thanks for the report,

i will have jeff put up a special Farmland reports section just for you.

This one needs to be a sticky at the top of the page.:LOL:

stg68
07-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Fish it harder brotha ! there are there !....I caught 3 last week at that sweet overcrossing....

Had ta walk all 3 downstream to land them....didn't want to break off !

Water was not clear and rushing at 336 CFPM..

fish it LOW.....and SLOW....

U shoulda tried the high side o the siphon....you know, that deeper water !
thats about 17" deep.......

Or bait down on em next time with your pattented 6oz' pyramid sinker tequnique....

....If you fish it....they wil come !"

I am sure KPN "sexy shad" wil do the job here just fine .................

FINSMACKDOWN
07-01-2010, 04:48 PM
:LOL:haha! thats not how it went down, i got bit (again) and in an effort to let you catch up i quickly yanked it out of the fishes mouth to let you get him.:LOL:

TroutOnly
07-01-2010, 05:00 PM
you should have stood on the side with the tubes ,grabbed one got it going and pulled a stripey out,,,,,,,carpbait,,,,,,,,

trail blazer
07-01-2010, 05:50 PM
you should have stood on the side with the tubes ,grabbed one got it going and pulled a stripey out,,,,,,,carpbait,,,,,,,,

C A R P B A I T!!!!LOL<<<OUCH,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Brought that 1 on yourself c,bait,,,,,,LOL

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-01-2010, 05:54 PM
C A R P B A I T!!!!LOL<<<OUCH,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Brought that 1 on yourself c,bait,,,,,,LOL
WHAT'S wrong with dough balls ?

cutbait
07-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Come on now TO... You know the size of those trophy bugglemouths? It was worth 100 bones in the Bako Derby!

I just regret breaking the striper "code" doing so

trail blazer
07-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Dont worry C,BAIT,,,,,,,,,,next time were at that lighted spot<TOP SECRET> getting our striper fix on,,,,,We will throw some corn out and each of us will put the WHAMMO on a couple of those 20+ ld BUGLEMOUTHS.,,,,WITH PICS!!.

Il go down in flames with you bro,,,,,,,,,GONNA SUCK THOUGH,,,We will never live it down.

On second thought??????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

TroutOnly
07-01-2010, 08:51 PM
DONT DO IT SCOTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

trail blazer
07-02-2010, 06:23 AM
DONT DO IT SCOTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????

trail blazer
07-02-2010, 06:33 AM
A CARP FEEDING FRENZYYYYYYYY

Complete with the corn SLAMM.

YUKKK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hx4hB7ZPHQ

TroutOnly
07-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Scott dont let carpbait talk you into carp fishing ,youre a striper killing machine , you dont need to fish carp like carpdoughboy,,,,,,,lol,,,,

GeordyBass
07-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Report of the Year! Stunkbait slays in AV!

GeordyBass
07-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Come on Bob take your pinky off the comma lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,carponly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,homo,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hahahah aha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,