PDA

View Full Version : anybody know of any dog friendly surf fishing spots??

snooze
06-30-2010, 07:07 PM
(First post) Ok, so... I went surf fishing for the first time on Saturday at newport and had a freaking blast.. I caught one perch..which was just fine with me cause I've been in skunk central for a painfully long time. I blabbed about how much fun I had all weekend to my lady friend and she said she wanted to try.. Kool with me. So she gets geeked and goes shoppin for some shorts and sorts to get cuted up for next weekend.. On Monday she finds a puppy she's been looking to buy for a while and goes for it.. Today we are chattin and she asks me, the puppy can go with us right? Uhh, I don't know? I know some beaches are dog friendly but I don't know about fishing them. I don't even know much about surf fishing, I just went on a whim and loved it.. Sooo, any of you kats have any answers, suggestions, anything? Thanks...

Troutman65
06-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Try the Dog Beach section at Huntington City beach . I think it's around Goldenwest & PCH.

DockRat
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Dog beach is N of the pier by the HB cliffs.
Also you have Dog Beach in Long Beach South of Belmont Pier 1/2 mile Good spot for halibut.
DR

DockRat
06-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Oh Yah, Welcome to FNN.

snooze

Join Date Aug 2009
Location 909
Posts 1

You had a 3 month head start on me. ? Step your game up !

DR
Join Date Nov 2009
Posts 805

DR

midgettosser1
06-30-2010, 10:04 PM
probably dont want to take the puppy out around other dogs if it hasnt had its complete set of shots. which is at either 5 or 6 months old.

Fish Dog
06-30-2010, 10:35 PM
You can take them to Newport but only before 9 am and after 5 pm and they have to be on leash at all times. And, they do write tickets for it if the dog is there between 9 and 5 or off leash.

snooze
06-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks fellers.... I know I won't be out there before 9 and id like to be getting ready to eat around 5.. It looks like ill try Huntington. I am fairly positive the pup isn't coming out the carrier accept for duke and tee time.. Its kind of a tiny thang. But, thanks for the info....

And DR.. Your right, I've been in a fog, but I'm about to step it up and rep it up..

Swank909
07-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Welcome to FNN,

I actually had no idea dogs werent allowed on Newporb Beach, what about the harbor though? My puppies getting big and i want to get her used to fishing.

Also i think you only need your second round of shots before you start socialzing the dog

Fish Dog
07-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Welcome to FNN,

I actually had no idea dogs werent allowed on Newporb Beach, what about the harbor though? My puppies getting big and i want to get her used to fishing.

Also i think you only need your second round of shots before you start socialzing the dog

That law for no dogs on the beach 9 to 5 in Newport is for ANY beach in the city, bay or ocean front.

jctuckmar
07-03-2010, 08:29 AM
I have fished at dog beaches a couple of times. wife wanted to take the dogs to the beach and i wanted to fish. both times i got yelled at and bitched at by other dog owners. "How dare I bring hooks to a place where dogs and people are".
i have always been very safe and considerate of swimmers, surfers, and especially dogs.
i had to remind these A**Holes that it is a public beach.
just be prepared to deal with people that are un accepting and too into them selves.
This is how my experience has been at the OB dog beach in SD. and the other one in the SD area that i cant remember the name of.

Good luck

murrieta angler
07-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Hey snooze!
You can go to San Onofre with the dog as long as you keep it next to the road, which is only 75 feet from water.
Also there is a beach down in San Diego where you can actually let the dog run free all day long. It's called "Dog Beach".
Take 15 South-163 South-8 West- go all the way to the end make left to Sunset Cliffs and then make right at 16th ( I believe ).
You can't miss all the people there with their dogs.
Good Luck,
Robert