PDA

View Full Version : Fishing license

Dmax
06-30-2010, 11:36 AM
So I lost my license about 2 weeks ago and I am going to get a duplicate. My question is do I need to buy dual pole and saltwater sticker again?

Daryl
06-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Yes, I believe you do.

Nessie Hunter
06-30-2010, 02:13 PM
YES!!!
its two ROD stamp, and Sport Fishing Ocean enhancement stamp.... :-)

EL_CHIDO
06-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Sorry to hear that, I lost my license the day I bought it January of last year (oh that stings - JANUARY!!!)

Was on a boat and it blewn out of the license holder and I forgot to tear the carbon copy out.

Was painful but not as painful as my big toe when I kicked the boat...maybe this should be in the injury thread :P

Dmax
07-01-2010, 02:04 AM
excuuuuuuuuuusssssseee me. Thanks for the info :-) I'm just glad DFG didnt come around because Im not sure when I lost it.

HBAR
07-01-2010, 08:38 AM
From what I've heard next year it will be "connected" to one's drivers license or ID card, California is the only state still using paper and ink, we'll see if it happens.

smokehound
07-01-2010, 12:07 PM
You should buy your license online-- they give you a duplicate a week after receiving the original in the mail.

Swank909
07-01-2010, 02:25 PM
You should buy your license online-- they give you a duplicate a week after receiving the original in the mail.

This i did not know. Pain in the *** to keep my carbon copies in order lol

Greg Madrigal
07-01-2010, 02:59 PM
The other VERY important thing to rememeber is that you no longer have to have your license on you visible above the waste. It just has to be "on you." So put her in your wallet and you'll NEVER leave home w/o it!

Greg

Sue
07-01-2010, 04:15 PM
The other VERY important thing to rememeber is that you no longer have to have your license on you visible above the waste. It just has to be "on you." So put her in your wallet and you'll NEVER leave home w/o it!

Greg

Yes, and whatever you do, don't put it in your jeans pocket with the duplicate still attached and forget about it when you do laundry.

fishinone
07-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Yes, and whatever you do, don't put it in your jeans pocket with the duplicate still attached and forget about it when you do laundry.

This sounds like the voice of experience. lol

I lost mine last year and had to rplace it and the stamps.

Bought this years online on December 31st printed it out and fished the next day.

I put it in my wallet the first day it was legal, March 1st I think.

smokehound
07-02-2010, 12:08 AM
OH BTW, the online license is different. Its made with like, a waterproof slip instead of paper.

And it's a sexy steel blue color.