PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray for Dana...

Pages : [1] 2

Wingnut
06-29-2010, 11:06 PM
I would like to ask for the prayers and support of all FNN members for my wonderful friend and fearless Team 57 leader Dana (Fisherman 57).

At this moment, indeed, he is fighting for his life.

Arthur (Wingnut)

“Prayer moves the hand that moves the world…"

PONTOON
06-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Each and every one of the Team 57 members have been touched in one way or another by Dana through his kindness and generosity. Today Dana continues to fight for his life and I would like to ask you to please keep him in your thoughts and prayers throuout the day.

Fishbones
06-29-2010, 11:07 PM
My heart and prayers go out to him and loved ones

Troutman65
06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
I will pray for Dana. What is going on ? Helps to know what to ask God for .

bones
06-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Just sitting here in a daze.......... Dana has so much life to live still.
I know he has been a great friend to you Arthur and you are going to make sure that Donna is loved
and supported right now.
Just goes to show how fragile the human body is and how none of us know what is just around the corner
in our lives.
This one is definately in God's hands. We all need to pray for him,his family and his friends.
If there is anything I can do Arthur.....Just call me.....I've been through this before my friend!

<><-----------Prayers Sent-------------<><

andyhucks
06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't know Dana, But my prayers go out to him and all who love him.

Andy

REZ
06-29-2010, 11:15 PM
God bless him..I hope he makes it through. Love to the family and all his friends

olfishergal
06-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Have been praying very hard for my friend Dana........Wonders can be accomplished with prayer and T57 has lots to send up. All of us are sending extras as we speak........Everyone hold on tight, life is very fragile and none of us are exempt. Arthur call me if you need me for anything.....

trollmiester
praying for him still cant sleep.

dfisher
Fight hard Dana!

Sue
06-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Dana, hang in there. There's so many people who love you and are praying for you.

GeordyBass
06-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Damn, I hope he gets better.

Get well Dana, prayers out to you and your Family.

Frenchy
06-29-2010, 11:23 PM
dana be strong man you got lots of people prying for you man lots donna arthur everyone my thoughts and paryers are w you guy and mostly dana through this hard time

Jackpot Jimmy
06-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Dana is in my prayers and the prayers of my family...prayers for his family too in this tough time!

Native Gal
06-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Dana,
A Wonderful person who is indeed in my prayers, Donna and kids will be in my prayers also. I am shocked like many others so please keep us updated. I feel very bad because Dana is good peeps and I only wish the best outcome for him. Our prayers are with you tonight Dana.

NG

sansou
06-29-2010, 11:32 PM
I have been in an absolute daze trying to make sense of it all, vacillating between anger and sadness. What I do know is that in Arthur, Terry and Trolly that Dana is blessed with true friends, and in Donna he has found his life soulmate, and a family to love.

At this point I can only pray and hope with all my might Dana makes his way back to us.

blackberg
06-29-2010, 11:33 PM
oh wow,
prayers...

-bb

LAOZ323
06-29-2010, 11:34 PM
didnt expect something like this could happen 2 a good person. hope he pulls thru.

Hitts0n
06-29-2010, 11:35 PM
I have so much to say.I'm shaking up. Ditto to Pontoons comment.......
Is there a hospital we can visit? :Crying:

blackwater
06-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Fight Dana, don't give up. We love you! Arthur, keep me updated please.

ezcompany
06-29-2010, 11:37 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with him.

ghetto dad
06-29-2010, 11:38 PM
praying for you Dana....get well big brother...

GD

troutdog
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM
I am usually not at a loss for words, but I'm just sitting here in shock.....my thoughts and prayers go out to Dana and his family.

TD

Troutman65
06-29-2010, 11:55 PM
I am also at a loss for words. Been praying for Dana and his family.

Hitts0n
06-29-2010, 11:56 PM
My heart and prayers go out to him,family,and Team57.....I dunno what to do right now.I'm just sitting here.....

fishinjunkie
06-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Prayers go out to Dana and family. I do not know him but I know he means a lot to this board. Can anyone explain what has happened?

adriiiian
06-30-2010, 12:19 AM
if u need my heart im here

JSAUCE818
06-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family,..
I'm thinking positive, everything is gonna be fine,..I just know it..
Can't wait to hear that he's doing better.

NachoFish
06-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Alot of you know me as Donna..............Dana's other half. Most of you don't know me by this screen name but I thought at this time I should get on and post.

I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. Dana would be overwhelmed knowing how many people care for him and are pulling for him. I know first hand and have been a part of how this "Team" pulls together and supports one another.

It's a day to day situation and we are hoping and praying for the best possible outcome. At this time details can not be given and I hope you will all understand. Either myself or Arthur will post an update if any news changes.

Donna

GeordyBass
06-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Alot of you know me as Donna..............Dana's other half. Most of you don't know me by this screen name but I thought at this time I should get on and post.

I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. Dana would be overwhelmed knowing how many people care for him and are pulling for him. I know first hand and have been a part of how this "Team" pulls together and supports one another.

It's a day to day situation and we are hoping and praying for the best possible outcome. At this time details can not be given and I hope you will all understand. Either myself or Arthur will post an update if any news changes.

Donna
Thank you Donna.

I hope a great outcome will come out of this situation, and I hope you know that we all Care for Him, You, the Family, were all a Family.

Sue
06-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Stay strong, Donna. You know how much we all care about both of you. xxx

BIGRED KILLA
06-30-2010, 12:48 AM
I am at lost of words... Prayers sent.

Liteliner
06-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Get well soon 57...

Pete Marino
06-30-2010, 01:24 AM
I dont know what happened but I hope you pull through fine Dana..

Thoughts and Prayers sent..

The Marino Family

Frenchy
06-30-2010, 01:26 AM
thanks for the update donna im still in shock i cant sleep

smokehound
06-30-2010, 01:36 AM
Whoa wtf!? Dude this cant be happening.

Stay strong! We are all here for you!

JHDucky
06-30-2010, 04:23 AM
I have not had the opportunity to meet Dana, I pray I get the chance to soon.

cutbait
06-30-2010, 05:00 AM
prayers sent at 5 am

Hitts0n
06-30-2010, 05:16 AM
I had a ruff sleep.I had a dream, that Dana was going to heaven and took me with him.He told me in the dream that heaven starts in Vegas ! HAHA....still in shock.Pull though Big Guy !

lalo56
06-30-2010, 05:44 AM
The power of prayer is very strong. Prayers sent.

CatchthatTrout
06-30-2010, 05:52 AM
Our family will have Dana and Donna in our prayers.
Donna, if you need ANYTHING, if even just a hug, please contact me.

DockRat
06-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Wow, Heavy. Can't believe I missed this sticky yesterday.
When I met Dana at Fred Hall he sure seemed like a nice guy.
Prayers sent. What happened anyways ?

Team 57

"Fisherman 57" - "Bill Varney" - "Wingnut"
http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/varney002.jpg

Bassnman Mike
06-30-2010, 06:05 AM
I've never met Dana personally but have delt with him here on this site and he seems like a great guy. Take care dude and stay strong.

I just put a word in with "The Man Upstairs" asking for a speedy recovery.

MAN VS WILD
06-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Wow, my prayers are with you Dana. Everything will be alright. You have brought many smiles to our faces and touched so many people in a great way.

ToonaTangler
06-30-2010, 07:01 AM
Prayers are with you and your family Donna!

Cangler
06-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Im not one for praying , but Dana will be in my thoughts

fisherman from long beach
06-30-2010, 07:28 AM
i can say that i never meet the man,but all the wonderful comments comming in seems he's a very good person.my prayers and support to DANA and all who know him!

bullets_full
06-30-2010, 07:38 AM
I can't think of ANYONE who has done more for us as members of this site and team 57. Dana, get well buddy and pull through this.

Donna, Erica and I are here if you need anything at all no matter how small. Stay strong. Both of you are in our thoughts. I mean it......anything.

_Bullets

Which Way Out
06-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Prayers sent and will continue each day. We must all stay positive.

BULLDOGBOOGERS
06-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Dana you are in my prayers........hang in there big guy.

scott

Big Daddy
06-30-2010, 08:17 AM
My Prayers and Thoughts go out For Dana and You too Donna "IN JESUS NAME".

Troutman65
06-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Still praying for you Dana.

Mondo21
06-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Wow! Got the news broke to me at around 5:OOam before Armando(Hitts0n) went to work. He didn't want to tell me last night, so I could have a good night sleep. It's very sad to hear this. I have prayed for Dana. He is too young to leave us. I hope he makes it thru.
Hang in their Donna, I'm sure you are not leaving Dana's side. I'm praying for you also, and your Family. You all are good people. Cindy:Crying:

Señor.Chilax
06-30-2010, 09:02 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please hang in there man! We really need you.

scca
06-30-2010, 09:08 AM
alot of you know me as donna..............dana's other half. Most of you don't know me by this screen name but i thought at this time i should get on and post.

I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. Dana would be overwhelmed knowing how many people care for him and are pulling for him. I know first hand and have been a part of how this "team" pulls together and supports one another.

It's a day to day situation and we are hoping and praying for the best possible outcome. At this time details can not be given and i hope you will all understand. Either myself or arthur will post an update if any news changes.

Donna

i am praying for the family that god will give you strength during this very hard time.

Sea Monkey
06-30-2010, 09:12 AM

Donna

We understand Donna. All you need to tell us is what we need to know. We are here for you, the kids and for Dana and his mom.
Big prayers for that Big Samoan.

Renee

Jackpot Jimmy
06-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Still praying...hang in there Dana!!!

candyman
06-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Stay strong buddy my prayers are sent to you and your family

CatchthatTrout
06-30-2010, 09:37 AM
We understand Donna. All you need to tell us is what we need to know. We are here for you, the kids and for Dana and his mom.
Big prayers for that Big Samoan.

Renee

Renee,
Well said!!
Everyone just please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

You forgot the word "Cuddly" with the "Big Samoan"

IslandBoi
06-30-2010, 09:47 AM
I've been out of the loop for a minute, been real busy but I'm trying to get back in to the swing of things....But....I remember when I first met Dana, surf fishing bolsa chica. He had my respect from the get go. Real Stand up guy. I pray that whatever it is, he pushes thru . My prayers go out to the Team 57 family.

kpn
06-30-2010, 09:51 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Dana & his Family.

KPN.

Sea Monkey
06-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Renee,
Well said!!
Everyone just please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

You forgot the word "Cuddly" with the "Big Samoan"

Hey Tony... I'm not even gonna ask how you know our Dana is "cuddly". :)

But, you're right... That Big CUDDLY Samoan.

Renee

Trout-Chaser
06-30-2010, 09:58 AM
WOW! What a blow! First the loss of Budman, now Dana's in the hospital. I'm sending out all the prayers I know to the man who has dedicated his life to the So. Cal. fishing scene and made possible so many memorable events for all of us. We each of us owe him big time. GET WELL SOON DANA!

CatchthatTrout
06-30-2010, 10:00 AM
I've been out of the loop for a minute, been real busy but I'm trying to get back in to the swing of things....But....I remember when I first met Dana, surf fishing bolsa chica. He had my respect from the get go. Real Stand up guy. I pray that whatever it is, he pushes thru . My prayers go out to the Team 57 family.

I've been reminiscing of all the great times I've had since meeting Dana, and the one that stands out is very first Team 57 "Bendo at Bolsa" event I attended, where I met him. He's been such a influence to some of the most special times I've had in my LIFE, by fishing with my family and friends.

CatchthatTrout
06-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey Tony... I'm not even gonna ask how you know our Dana is "cuddly". :)

But, you're right... That Big CUDDLY Samoan.

Renee

Imagine the HUGE COMPLIMENT I got two weeks ago at the Parcher's event, when TWO people actually thought I was Dana.
You know it's hard to tell the difference between two BIG extremely HANDSOME dudes like us. (I've been mistaken as Samoan at times)

BULLDOGBOOGERS
06-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Praying for you my friend !.....so get well soon.

farmacist
06-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Just saw this, keeping you in my thoughts Dana and sending positive vibes your way.

Sea Monkey
06-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Imagine the HUGE COMPLIMENT I got two weeks ago at the Parcher's event, when TWO people actually thought I was Dana.
You know it's hard to tell the difference between two BIG extremely HANDSOME dudes like us. (I've been mistaken as Samoan at times)

I've known Dana for about 10 years now and this EXACTLY how Dana would want us talking... about him, this situation and anything to do with him!! Joking, Happy and full of life just like he is!!! (For the record, I've been mistaken for Samoan too so don't get all big in your britches mister) :)

CatchthatTrout
06-30-2010, 10:31 AM
It was nice to see him actually relax and FISH up at the Parcher's event. He's always making sure that the rest of us have a good time, it gets lost in taking care of himself on the waters. He and Donna did catch some nice fish up there and spent some quality time with her Dad, which was special.

Trout 1
06-30-2010, 10:38 AM
I have never met Dana but I am praying for him!!!! Hang in there man...stay strong. Same for Donna stay strong, and stay positive Dana will make it through.

Trout 1
Andrew

bsp
06-30-2010, 10:40 AM
I've only met Dana and Donna a few times and never had the opportunity to fish with them, but they never failed to be great and generous people to my dad and I. Dana helped me make several great friends through this site, and I will always be grateful to him for that. Prayers go out to Dana and all those who need them from me and my family. Inch Allah he gets better soon.

CASTAWAY
06-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Praying that you pull through Dana.

adriiiian
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM
whats wrong with him

Señor.Chilax
06-30-2010, 11:05 AM
whats wrong with him

All most of us know is that our Team57 leader is not doing well. Lets just try to be here and support Dana, Donna and their family. I'm no one on this board to say this but lets keep the questions for later. Donna respectfully declined to comment on the situation, lets respect her wishes. Our love and prayers are with you.

Sea Monkey
06-30-2010, 11:08 AM
All most of us know is that our Team57 leader is not doing well. Lets just try to be here and support Dana, Donna and their family. I'm no one on this board to say this but lets keep the questions for later. Donna respectfully declined to comment on the situation, lets respect her wishes. Our love and prayers are with you.

Perfectly said Mr. Thank you.

jumpman
06-30-2010, 11:13 AM
WoW!!! i am in complete shock over this... Dana is such a amazing person. He has brought together such a amazing group of people. the support and love that is in this board shows in its self for his character. What i do know is that Dana is loving but very strong as well. because of this i am sure that with this strength and all of the prayers a possitive outcome will occur. Donna, we have never met but if there is anything me or any other can do please ask. Like you said this is a "team" and we are here for dana and for you and the family. please send all of our love and regards for him.

Jason

City Dad
06-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Words fail me... City Girl are pulling for you, Dana, Donna and family. Get well my friend.

Best,
Tim & Kelly

DavidE
06-30-2010, 11:24 AM
What can you say ... get well soon there is so much positivity out there for you Dana!!!!!!!!!!

ichthus
06-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Lord, May there be fast and full recovery for Dana and The peace of your presence for his family around him, In Jesus' name, amen.
God bless you,
Mark

pineapple express
06-30-2010, 12:09 PM
just received a call from davide regarding this thread... i was shocked like everyone else.
dana... hang in there buddy. our prayers go out to you and your ohana. be strong...my friend.
jr said hang in there too.

Daryl
06-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Godspeed...

Truly,
Daryl

Greg Madrigal
06-30-2010, 01:04 PM
My heart and prayers go out to him,family,and Team57.....I dunno what to do right now.I'm just sitting here.....

OMG......I find myself at an utter loss too......Dana is such a great man-For those that don't know him, he is a giant teddy bear....One of the most genuinely nicest people you will ever meet. My thoughts, prayers, hopes, and love go out to him, Donna, his family, and all of his FNN family here. Be strong my friend. I know you can and will pull through!

Greg

Nu_AbGatr
06-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Just saw the thread, hang in there, Dana F57, we're all praying for you.

-Abbie
(Nu)Abgatr

Wildhorse1966
06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
i dont post much ere but i do know Dana is a stand up nice guy i wish him a speedy recovery

Hometown
06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
just saw the thread sitting here in shock HANG IN THERE BUDDY MY PRAYER IS SENT TEAM 57 IS PULLING FOR YOU.Donna stay strong and may GOD be with your family in these tuff times.

troutdog
06-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Still thinking of you and praying for you Dana, I woke up at 6:57 this morning and you were the first thing I thought of brotha. Get well soon my friend...

TD

CL SmooV
06-30-2010, 01:39 PM
.......dear GOD our heavenly father, we ask that you place your hands on our brethren, whom is in a great time of your blessings. we ask that you listen to all of the prayers being asked, and bring our brethren back healthy, placing the breath of life into his spirit and soul.

in YOUR name we all pray,

AMEN

PSALMS 30:5

ThemBastards
06-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Hang in there buddy.

RAY ONE
06-30-2010, 01:45 PM
My prayers out to Dana and his aiga. Hang in there BIG UCE .

fishinone
06-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Dear Lord Jesus,

Please care for Dana, for his body and for his soul and give comfort and blessing to his family and friends.

Granny Fish
Mike, myself, Stickfighter and Stickfighter's Mom are beside ourselves regarding this news. Dana, you have made a big impression in our family over the years and we are all praying for you and your family. Donna, please know that we are here if there is anything we can do. I have faith Dana will pull through this.

Nessie Hunter
HOLLY CRAP !!!!!!

I been out of town.
Was on another fishing board and saw a post about Dana being ill... (popular guy)!!

I met Dana when he was a newby here on FNN. Super great guy..
We got along well, but then he gets along with every one quite well.
I watched him progress from that Newby to a regular and on to starting Team 57 at FNN, to organizing a brazillion outing and becoming an Admin here...

I, like almost every one, am in shock !!!
My prayers and thoughts to Dana, Donna & the rest of the Family...

Hugs and Kisses big guy, Get well ..............

Trout Nine
06-30-2010, 02:15 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Dana and his family get well soon

T9

NachoFish
06-30-2010, 02:34 PM
A huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you for all the prayers and support. I am a firm believer that the power of prayer does amazing things. I would not hesitate in saying that I believe it is helping now. We had a tiny bit of good news this morning but he is still extremely critical and the long term out come.........well, it's a minute by minute situation and we are dealing with it one thing at a time. Going on the fact that the doctors say he can hear me.........I've told him how much he is loved and cared for by all the members of his "Team".

The outpouring of support on this board is just incredible. I am so thankful to have that kind of support for Dana during this time.

Donna

BuzzBait
06-30-2010, 02:38 PM
You'll be in my prayers Dana... Get well soon.

Frenchy
06-30-2010, 02:39 PM
thanks for the update donna god i had a hard time sleepin last night so sad

Sue
06-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the update, Donna. You're all still in my prayers and thoughts.

KaitlinGatorsKid
06-30-2010, 02:48 PM
you and yr family are in my prayers.. please get well

Fishbones
06-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Thank you donna for all you have done so far,
Our prayers are unlimited in effort and we all have Dana,you&family in our hearts.
Again, anything you need dont hesitate to call or text.

I spoke with Donna earlier today as she was at the hospital trying to log on and give us
a update, after out talk i receive a text message saying

"Tell jeff to get a dang Blackberry app. LOL!!Its 2010 and people actually have indoor plumbing and color TV's now"

I replied back " LOL its good to see you still have your sense of humor"

and she says "The eternal smartass, Cant help it"

I respond back "Thats what keeps you on your toes and its a good thing"

Get Well Dana.

Jackpot Jimmy
06-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks Donna for the update. Dana's still in my thoughts and prayers.

GeordyBass
06-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the update Donna, I teared up a bit, tell him we all care for him to get well soon.

Hometown
06-30-2010, 03:04 PM
thanks Donna Dana a strong man and he has a strong women by his side.

EL_CHIDO
06-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I've never met this man before, but I am confident I will meet him when he pulls through.

It would be an honor to shake the hand of the man that is loved by so many people on this board, and express my thanks for all the good fishing vibes he puts out.

Dana, until then...

old pudd fisher
06-30-2010, 03:10 PM
I was honored when he sent me a friendship request. Hang in there fisherman.

fishtacomag
06-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Wow--this is like an uppercut to my stomach. I just talked to Dana a few weeks ago. What a wonderful person. I wish him the best in his recovery...he has a lot of people pulling for him that is for sure. Just shows you how precious life is. Let me know what I can do if anything. And thanks to Sue for letting me know about this.

bruce watson
06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the update Donna. I'm sure you realize how appreciated Dana is.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-30-2010, 03:33 PM
may god bring you to full health brother and comfort those near to you in these hard times. me and mines will pray for your safe return.

beloved, i pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
3 john 1:2

basscatcher
06-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Heavenly Father
We thank you for the days that You bless us with. Lord we lift up Dana right now. Please guide him and his family through this time. Allow him to overcome the sickness so that one day he may bring glory to your name and be able to share his fishing stories with us.
We love You

In JESUS name
amen

tall tales
06-30-2010, 03:34 PM
thinking about dana and your family get well fellow fisherman

Hitts0n
06-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Had a very hard time sleeping,a hard time at work,and a hard conversation with a good friend today.Either way it goes.....we are still praying for a super great outcome for you Dana !! Dont just pull thru,bust your way thru to a FULL RECOVERY!! :Surprised:

Beeracuda211
06-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Praying for you too Big Guy... This is a shock to all of us.... :Shocked:

Sierra_Smitty
06-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Wow...speechless. I'm sending Dana some good vibes from the high country. Get well buddy....and be tough Donna.

Bebop
06-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Donna I am beside me on what happened to Dana. My Prayers are with Dana and you I hope our God will mend him and return to team 57 family, but most important to you. The short time that I have known Dana has been very awsome to have someone that cares about life and fishing families. He has invested his love for all of us and the love of the sport. Hang in there Dana we have unfinished buisiness. I am in shock

ahhvtec
06-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Fight on Dana! Was supposed to take you on my boat when bug season was here but never got to doing it. Come back and you got a deal!

CAPT'N
06-30-2010, 04:27 PM
My family and myself pray for Dana, and his family.

Scott Schiffman

rcfb73
06-30-2010, 04:36 PM
just got word about this from tony...speechless

dana is probalby the most hardworking, friendliest guy here on fnn. i remember when i first joined and went to my first team 57 even "Dual in january" he was the first one i talked to, and everywehre team 57 is he always makes time to say hi to each and every member. one of the nicest guys i have ever met.

hang in there big guy..i know you'll pull thru this.

much love on this board and from all team 57 pulling for you.

you, donna, and family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

fish ful
06-30-2010, 04:37 PM
My prayers are with you Dana and your family!

TaperSteve
06-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Hang in there Dana, Donna, and the rest of Dana's loved ones. Remember God has a plan for everyone so whatever the outcome he is in Gods hands. I have been and will be praying to God to give us more time with Dana. I am still new to FNN and just met Dana and Donna a couple months ago. Finding this site and meeting all the Team57 peeps has truely changed my life and I have Dana to thank for it.

God Bless,

TaperSteve

skunkmaster
06-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Father God I pray you would bless Dana and his family...Lord you know all the details of the situation and I pray Your hand would be upon Dana with whatever he needs right now...God that you would be glorified in everything...we ask this in Jesus name.

kaneo
06-30-2010, 04:58 PM
wow this is shocking news. im so sorry to hear this. prayers to dana and donna and their family, god bless you

CatchthatTrout
06-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Keep the prayers and love coming for our beloved friend.

Skaguy04
06-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Hang in there Dana!
Will be praying for ya....

Sergio

DreStyle
06-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Got the news a little while ago. My prayers are with Dana and those close to him. Dana has always lived his motto of "family, friends, fun, and fishing". While I am not part of his family by blood, he has always made me feel like part of the FNN family and through his tireless efforts I have had more than my share of friends, fun, and fishing. GET WELL SOON MY FRIEND !!

Big Daddy
06-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Lord Jesus, as I set here with tears in my eyes and a sad heart I am asking you in Jesus name to bring a speedy recovery and a Miracules healing to my Friend who is so special to me as well as many, many others. I am asking that you would comfort him, Donna, his family and all of his many friends. I know lord that you are the same yesterday, today, and forever. You are still answering prayers, still healing and still deliviering. You are in the Miracle working business. Lord we need him well and with us. I am asking that right now you would extend your healing hand to Dana's body and show him favor.

In Jesus name I Pray

Thank You Jesus

bones
06-30-2010, 06:01 PM
lord jesus, as i set here with tears in my eyes and a sad heart i am asking you in jesus name to bring a speedy recovery and a miracules healing to my friend who is so special to me as well as many, many others. I am asking that you would comfort him, donna, his family and all of his many friends. I know lord that you are the same yesterday, today, and forever. You are still answering prayers, still healing and still deliviering. You are in the miracle working business. Lord we need him well and with us. I am asking that right now you would extend your healing hand to dana's body and show him favor.

In jesus name i pray

thank you jesus

amen.........

vince champion
06-30-2010, 06:11 PM
My prayers are with you, get well soon!

Webfoot
06-30-2010, 06:24 PM
I’m am truly saddened to hear of this . Dana you are a consummate gentleman who gives of himself generously without asking anything in return. I pray for your complete and total healing.

pho boy
06-30-2010, 06:39 PM
My prayers are with you dana ,hang in there

trail blazer
06-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Pyayer sent,,,,,,,,,EXPECT A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!

Sea Monkey
06-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Donna asked that I post this for her:

Just spoke to Donna and our beloved Dana is starting to respond more and more and according to Donna seems to be headed in the right direction!! She knew everyone could use some good news about the big guy.

Donna sends BIG THANKS for the unbelievable outpouring of response and support during this stressful event. As she stated before, if Dana didn't know it before, he'll know it soon... he is well loved, admired and respected!

Please keep up the positive thoughts and prayers for Dana, Donna, their kids and all the rest of the family.

IT'S WORKING!!!

Renee

CatchthatTrout
06-30-2010, 07:38 PM

Just spoke to Donna and our beloved Dana is starting to respond more and more and according to Donna seems to be headed in the right direction!! She knew everyone could use some good news about the big guy.

Donna sends BIG THANKS for the unbelievable outpouring of response and support during this stressful event. As she stated before, if Dana didn't know it before, he'll know it soon... he is well loved, admired and respected!

Please keep up the positive thoughts and prayers for Dana, Donna, their kids and all the rest of the family.

IT'S WORKING!!!

Renee

It's no surprise Renne!
You know that he's a special man, with a special purpose in life that he's fulfilling.

Dana/Donna~
You take your time and recover together as we carry the goodwill of Team 57 for you both, as well as saving a good spot on a shore for you to fish from soon.

Fishbones
06-30-2010, 07:40 PM

IT'S WORKING!!!

Renee

That is great news renee, thank you for passing the word to all praying and wishing for danas safe and full recovery.

Sea Monkey
06-30-2010, 07:46 PM
It's no surprise Renne!
You know that he's a special man, with a special purpose in life that he's fulfilling.

Dana/Donna~
You take your time and recover together as we carry the goodwill of Team 57 for you both, as well as saving a good spot on a shore for you to fish from soon.

Amen Tony! Donna sent me a text that she had "the biggest smile on her face!"

Sea Monkey
06-30-2010, 07:47 PM
That is great news renee, thank you for passing the word to all praying and wishing for danas safe and full recovery.

You're so welcome Alex, Donna knew this would help to ease everyone's mind.

dfisher
06-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Great news, keep on fighting Dana!

Jackpot Jimmy
06-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the word of good news, Renee. Praying for a swift and full recovery for you, Dana!!

Trout 1
06-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Thats good to hear...Keep fighting brotha....we will keep praying :)

Trout 1
Andrew

ghetto dad
06-30-2010, 08:14 PM
WOW!! that is EXCELLENT news...get well brother...PLEASE....you mean a lot , to a LOT of people brother....

GD

Fishbones
06-30-2010, 08:15 PM
You're so welcome Alex, Donna knew this would help to ease everyone's mind.

It sure will there are alot of caring friends on here that will sleep a little more easier tonight
with nothing but great news of Dana's progress and many,many people praying for him
with love in there hearts theres nothing more that we want back than our Fisherman57!

Get Well Dana,

flyngby
06-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Got the news through Dana's Network of the TEAM this evening! I was in total shock like all and some how thankfully arrived home from work sucessfully as I was not the person in command of the wheel. I was off in Memory land for the whole drive with thoughts of Dana, Donna, and family in full force.

Great to see there is improvement but let's keep our Hope and Prayers at "Full Throttle" and help Dana and Family get through it!

Stevehttp://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.

Greg Madrigal
06-30-2010, 08:21 PM

IT'S WORKING!!!

Renee

That is great because Team 57 wouldn't b Team 57 w/o him! So, Dana, my friend, YOU have a job to do now. Get better so you can keep on doing that which touches so many! So, I know you'll be back up and leading the pack in no time. I am praying and thinking of you ALL DAY my frined!!! plus, I am in the middle of building your sweet new custom net. you were anticipating it so much. Now you GOTTA stick around right!?

Greg

CatchthatTrout
06-30-2010, 08:25 PM
I was not the person in command of the wheel. I was off in Memory land for the whole drive with thoughts of Dana, Donna, and family in full force.

I felt this way all day at work.

Troutman65
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM

IT'S WORKING!!!

Renee

Renee, That's great news . I have been praying all night and day for Dana . I hope he makes a full recovery and is able to over come this . I have also been praying for Donna to be strong during this time. Thanks for the update

Mr Bendo
06-30-2010, 08:31 PM
I was in shock when I heard what happened to Dana. Just about choked up while driving home from work. My prayers go out to you and yours Donna. We stand by Dana and you 100% Get well Dana!

rcfb73
06-30-2010, 08:34 PM
GREAT news to read.. Been checkin this thread while I'm here at work tonight. I can work a little easier tonight knowing things are turnin around for the godfather.

Still gonna keep dana in my prayers and hope he recovers well.

Prowler_Tuber
06-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Lord,

I sit here and pray for Dana. Lord bring him strength, courage and endurance through this though time, lord he is a fighter who does not quit. Lord we are a team, a team of fighters who will not give up praying for our dear friend. I pray for Dana and his family so they have the faith through the hard times. Lord please hear OUR prayers, in Jesus name I pray Amen.

Sue
06-30-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm not a religious person, but I figure it's ok to pray for someone else. Dana, Donna and Team57, my prayers and thoughts are out there tonight for everyone!

CatchthatTrout
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Read this John Wooden quote and it made me think of Fisherman57.

You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
~John Wooden

We all in Team 57 and his family know that "Perfect" days are the norm for this GIANT of a man.

Prowler_Tuber
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Is there a place we can send get well flowers or a card. Dana is a very nice man who has done so much for us and he was very nice to my daughter at the kiddie pole tourney and I wish I could do something to help, if the family needs anything please let us know.

Dodger Doggy
06-30-2010, 09:04 PM
I've only met Dana a few times, but found myself shedding tears with the news. Then.......suck it up and pray my heart out with the rest of you!

"May divine order be established and maintained in his mind, body, and affairs, and may his health be returned to the perfection that is it's very nature."

Love heals, and it's quite obvious you are loved. See you soon Dana!

-Dodger Doggy

saintarv
06-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Wow I just saw this thread. Dana you are a great guy. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

BRING IT
06-30-2010, 09:29 PM
:Get well Dana, from TEAM LIL-BRING IT & BRING IT & DEANNE prayers on the way, lots of them. FIGHT HARD MY FRIEND:Guns: SCOTT

doctorhook
06-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Dana, my thoughts and prayer are with you big brother.
From the Doctorhook family.

Native Gal
06-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks Donna for sharing the GOOD news! The LORD does answer prayers, so we all will continue to pray for a continued recovery for Dana and the Medical hands that will tend to him and for Donna to keep her spirit and strength up.
Dana and Donna are both loved for the generous, kind and loving people they are. Thanks again for the xlnt update, I was so heart broke since seeing the thread last night and just like many others have been in thoughts of the both of you through out the day with continued prayers and a tear in my eye. I knew all would be well seeing how many prayers were sent your way. My friends added you both in their weekly prayers at their church tonight because they knew how concerned I was for you all. I am glad things are looking on the positive side more and more, fight on DANA! My husband and I have you in our prayers tonight again, take care and have a good nights rest the both of ya, our prayers will help ease your time of need.
"The LORD answers those who call upon him in their time of need",
FNN & Team 57 peeps will continue with our prayers indeed.

Your Team 57 family members
Native Gal
and
Team 57 EAST

basscatcher
06-30-2010, 10:18 PM
praise God!!! Hang in there Dana.

klocked
06-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Hang in there Dana, Donna and family. We're praying for all of you!!

NachoFish
06-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Is there a place we can send get well flowers or a card. Dana is a very nice man who has done so much for us and he was very nice to my daughter at the kiddie pole tourney and I wish I could do something to help, if the family needs anything please let us know.

Several people have asked here on the board and to me personally regarding being able to send anything for Dana. He can not receive any flowers or gifts. Nothing allowed in the ICU. Cards are always welcomed and can be sent to:

Attention: Dana Fisherman 57
3770 E. Foothill Blvd.,
Pasadena, CA 91107

I will personally read each and every one to him.

Thank you everyone for your understanding.......and of course, again, ALL the thoughts and prayers from EVERYONE! I would not be able to make it this far or stay strong without the support from all of you.

Donna

BULLDOGBOOGERS
06-30-2010, 11:06 PM
thanks donna.......are prayers are with you !

Jackpot Jimmy
06-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Thank you for the info, Donna. We will send a card over as soon as we can!! We're pulling for you Dana, get well soon!

Stormcrow
06-30-2010, 11:18 PM
I just got to this thread and Im so sorry to hear that he is not doing well.

Dana is one of the nicest guys I know and every time I have seen him he has gone out of his way to shake my hand and share a good word with me. I respect him immensely and I am praying for a full recovery.

Get well soon my brother!

Jason :-)

WARRIORMIKE
06-30-2010, 11:26 PM
I truly hope everything turns around for the better.

Troutman65
06-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Still praying for you to pull through this Dana.

I will be sending a card tomorrow morning .

Thanks for the update Donna .

God Bless

perch
07-01-2010, 12:20 AM
our thoughts and prayers are with you all and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Swank909
07-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Praying for a speedy recovery, you'll be back out on the big blue again in no time!

lurkerscotty
07-01-2010, 12:36 AM
iv met him a few times and every time i remember the way he made me feel. hes a great guy and if anyone can fight this dana can.

jerryG
07-01-2010, 01:27 AM
Dana is in my prayers. I am asking the man up above to please help Dana through this. He has a lot of support and love here pulling for him.

JerryG

Koshaw
07-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Dana!

webmaster
07-01-2010, 06:43 AM

IT'S WORKING!!!

Renee

That's great news. Keep going in the right direction Dana. We are all here for you.

Nessie Hunter
07-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Come on Dana. :Group Hug:

I have been posting in the wrong Forums on Purpose.
I keep waiting for that Nasty PM from you????? LMAO

We got your back buddy !!!!! :Worship:

DockRat
07-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the info Donna.

Quick inspiration story of the power of prayer and people pulling together.

The power of prayer is strong. I reached out for help from anyone back in feb when my daughters
boyfriend of 2 years fell 21' on his head landing on cement.

I never gave a follow up story to the recovery status of JT.

Do You Believe in Miracles ? Pray for Dana.

FNN post 2-20-10
Prayer's needed for JT
Got back last night from 2 days in Reno.
My 23 year old daughter at Mammoth boyfriend JT from Texas who is a supervisor at Mammoth Mt took a 2 story fall at the lodge and landed on cement. Flown to Reno with too many skull fractures to count.
Eyes blk/blu closed, skull drain, ICU ect.
A dozen Texans flew in, Mom ect. His mom asked him to squeeze his finger and he did
Then he wiggled his toes on her request
He made it through the first 48 hours that is the most critical now it just a wait and see period.
My wife and other daughter drove up. It is really tough seeing my baby in so much pain.
JT is a good kid who graduated from Texas Tech and they were talking about getting married.
Life is short and things can change fast. Be Carefull.
Thanks DR

At 4 weeks after removing the throat tube (trachiotimy) IV, feeding tube ect. this kid started walking and talking, making huge progress daily, talking to all saying he wants to go back to work.

THEY DISCHARGED HIM AT 6 WEEKS,

then 1 month in a Las Vegas outpatient rehab.

They go back to Mammoth and he goes back to work the first week back. Blind in one eye but ok.

FFNers, do not respond to this story, this is not a thread high jack, only a positive story trying to help and shed some light during a rough time. This kid had alot of people pulling for him and Dana will recover also.

Donna, I got this email 6/23/10 having just met Dana once at Fred Hall show.
I was thinking ' this Dana guy sure seems like a nice guy. '
Dear DockRat,
Fisherman57 has requested that you become friends. You can approve or deny this request by visiting:

DR

bigfootmike1
07-01-2010, 07:00 AM
My prayers are with you and your family...GOD BLESS

TFC_arvilJDM
07-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Prayers to you Dana! Fight hard like a fish!

TroutOnly
07-01-2010, 08:19 AM
EVERYBODY KEEP PRAYING ,DANA AND DONNA NEED ALL WE CAN GIVE ,THIS IS A MINUTE TO MINUTE HOUR TO HOUR DAY TO DAY FIGHT , AND I KNOW THIS BETTER THAN ANYONE ,I SPENT NEARLY A WHOLE MONTH OF LAST DECEMBER STAYING WITH MY SWEET BEAUTIFULL SUSAN FIGHTING THRU HER STROKE ,BEING AT DEATHS DOORSTEP FOR DAYS ,DONNA HOLD FIRM HE NEEDS YOU MORE THAN ANYBODY RIGHT KNOW.THE POWER OF PRAYER IS STRONGER THAN ANYBODY KNOWS ALL OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS HELPED SUSAN AND ME FIGHT THRU THIS TILL SHE CAME OUT OF THE WOODS AND IS STILL ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY. I HADNT BEEN ON THE BOARD AND DID NOT KNOW TILL YESTERDAY WHILE I WAS OUT ON THE WATER SLAYING MR STRIPEY TROLLY CALLED AND TOLD ME THE BADS NEWS,AFTER GOING THRU MY ORDEAL I KNOW HOW DONNAS FEELING STAY STRONG FOR HIM DONNA,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,

thedeadone
07-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Get well.My prayers to you and your family.I hope you have the chance to catch a big one again.

sweetfish
07-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Sorry to hear of the news. My prayers to you big man and your family. May you have fast recovery.

Largemouth_Mitch
07-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Praying for a full recovery for you Dana. You are an unbelievably positive influence in the Southern California community that is much needed. Keep fighting with everything you can buddy.

CatchthatTrout
07-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Donna is just as AMAZING as Dana himself.
I'm just as lucky and blessed to have a woman like her by my side with my Simone.

Thank you Donna for being so strong at his time of need.

Prowler_Tuber
07-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Kepp fighting brother, we are all praying and thinking about you. We are all here for you!

troutdog
07-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Still thinking and praying for you Dana....praying more good news is on the way.

TD

Señor.Chilax
07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Still praying for you my friend. Keeping a close eye on this thread for more good news.

Nu_AbGatr
07-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the update, Mrs F57 (Donna), our prayers and thoughts to you and F57 (Dana).

-Abbie
(Nu)Abgatr

Santa Fe Eric
07-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I am sitting here outside the managers office (the only Wi-Fi spot) at our family vacation site at Lake Shasta trembling with tears, I can hardly type. Dana and Donna, please be strong. Iam praying for you right now and when I get back to my cabin, my family will pray together. My faith and life experience has taught me that when two or three are gathered together in prayer, God's presence becomes magnified in that situation.
May Christ keep you, my dear friend,

Eric

PS. I will be home on Sunday. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

See Chris Fish
07-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Praying for both of you. Dana to recover and Donna to be strong.
It's great news that he's recovering. It may be baby steps, but I'll take them.

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

The Smith Family

Hometown
07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Thats great news that there is progress keep up the fight Dana you are loved by many.Donna stay strong Dana is lucky to have a soul mate like you.Still saying my prayers for a full recovery. Sincerlly :HOMETOWN:

Sea Monkey
07-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Donna asked that I pass along this info for everyone:

Dana is still stable at this point in time, which is wonderful news!! He is trying to breathe on his own more so than early in the week and they have decreased his sedatives.

Donna send another big thank you to everyone in the FNN/Team57 Family for the love and support. She truly appreciates it and knows all of the prayers and positive thoughts are a huge help right now.

Keep it up FNN/TEAM57, we know Dana will be back with us soon!!

Renee

Troutman65
07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the update Renee. I am still praying for Dana for recover and for Donna to be strong

Sea Monkey
07-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the update Renee. I am still praying for Dana for recover and for Donna to be strong

You're welcome Patrick. We have to stay strong for both of them now!!

Renee

Troutman65
07-01-2010, 12:55 PM
You're welcome Patrick. We have to stay strong for both of them now!!

Renee

You bet . I lost one friend last week I sure dont't want to lose another one so I am praying very hard for Dana.

fishinone
07-01-2010, 01:00 PM
We're still praying for you Dana and Donna.

Take heart he Lord won't test you beyond what you're able to bear.

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
07-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Dana; My prayers are with you!!!

Señor.Chilax
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM

Dana is still stable at this point in time, which is wonderful news!! He is trying to breathe on his own more so than early in the week and they have decreased his sedatives.

Donna send another big thank you to everyone in the FNN/Team57 Family for the love and support. She truly appreciates it and knows all of the prayers and positive thoughts are a huge help right now.

Renee

YEEESSS! That's what I'm talking about Dana! Thank you Renne for the update... watch, pretty soon we'll have the one and only writing his own post. Thank you god for hearing our prayers.

Sea Monkey
07-01-2010, 01:29 PM
YEEESSS! That's what I'm talking about Dana! Thank you Renne for the update... watch, pretty soon we'll have the one and only writing his own post. Thank you god for hearing our prayers.

...and THAT is EXACTLY what we are hoping for MR.!!!

rcfb73
07-01-2010, 01:41 PM
keep it up dana! you'll be back here in no time! keepin you and the family in my thoughts and prayers and hoping for a "wfo" recovery until the day i see you back on the lake!

Lip Ripperz
07-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you Dana.

breeze71
07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I haven' logged in a while and I'm still not sure exactly what is going on.

Dana I know you will pull through this because you have much to live for and are surrounded by good friends. You are an inspiration to many.

The Haftvani family are praying for your fast recovering.

Hiro

Fishbones
07-01-2010, 07:02 PM

Renee

Thank you for the update Renee, send my love and prayers to Dana and Donna for me please.
This is great to hear of his progress, that just made my day, keep it up Dana.

TRDEXPERT
07-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Hang in there, be strong.. Prayers sent...

lalo56
07-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Glad to hear the progress. Prayers sent every day. I go to the chapel at work and say a prayer with a sister to help me pray.

chansen49
07-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I'll throw my best in the mix.. Get well Dana.. Way too many folks caring for you...

lalo56
07-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Never too many!

fishincrave
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
.......dear GOD our heavenly father, we ask that you place your hands on our brethren, whom is in a great time of your blessings. we ask that you listen to all of the prayers being asked, and bring our brethren back healthy, placing the breath of life into his spirit and soul.

AMEN

AMEN Brother AMEN

Sea Monkey
07-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Thank you for the update Renee, send my love and prayers to Dana and Donna for me please.
This is great to hear of his progress, that just made my day, keep it up Dana.

You're welcome. And I have passed your message onto Donna.

Renee

MonsterGuppy
07-01-2010, 08:13 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Dana & his Family, I've never met Dana but just having his influence on this site and community makes it a very special place.

NoHo ART
07-01-2010, 08:19 PM
My prayers are with you and your family Dana

exfactor
07-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery, and praying for you and your loved ones. Dana, bring us back that great smile you always have. Mikey

trout worm
07-01-2010, 08:46 PM
just read this thread. thoughts go out to you Dana and your family

fishincrave
07-01-2010, 09:16 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Dana and Dona i just heard about this and whatever it is that Dana is going through i'm sure with all the prayers he'll pull trought.

Sean

RiversideTrout77
07-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Hope you get well soon, my prayers are with you and your familly.

fishtales
07-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Prayers sent. Right on, Wingnut.
“Prayer moves the hand that moves the world…”

trollmiester
07-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Hey dana,last sunday when you and donna had the great barbq at pontoons house you said this---I will fish with team trolltoon not this saturday but thenext saturday. Now since i have known you you have never broken a promise. Now get off your but we have the boat.bait and rod reels ready. The food is on us also. Now get off your but and get ready to fish. lolol Get well my friend. Hope you enjoyed the 444s shirt.

SierraPeaks
07-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Since I'm fairly new here, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him...but he will indeed be in my prayers.

Lightline
07-02-2010, 12:19 AM

AMEN

:UDaMan::UDaMan::Worship::Worship:

sansou
07-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Just wanted to chime in and tell you all your words, prayers and well wishes are being read to Dana by Donna. It's my belief they are therapeutic for both involved.

Fight, fight, fight my friend. I could see you struggling today, and in my mind I was there kicking this thing's *** alongside you.

Sue
07-02-2010, 02:53 AM
I've said it before, I'm not religious, but even I've been praying. My old boss from my last job is doing a special prayer request at his church on Sunday for Dana and Donna (they don't know anything except a friend of mine needs prayers).
Donna - you're an incredible person and one of the strongest women I've ever met. Your strength and your love for Dana keeps him fighting.
As Sansou said above "fight, fight fight, my friend"

Bobber Boy
07-02-2010, 06:09 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Dana and Donna. Continue to be strong!

The Montgomery family!

fish_sauce
07-02-2010, 06:52 AM
My new apartment doesn't have internet yet so I just barely saw this thread right now...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Dana and family...Dana, may you have a full and speedy recovery so that you may return to doing the good work that you do, both on the board and in the community. Hang in there!

Andrew

ALPER
07-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Get well soon my prayers are with you and your family.

seal
07-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Keep fighting Dana! I have and will continue to pray for Dana's quick and complete recovery.

God bless!

xtranzman
07-02-2010, 10:43 AM
I just heard the news. I am stunned. Dana we love you and I know you can feel us with you.

I saw this and felt it appropriate...

The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around.... Throughout history, "tender loving care" has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing.

May the power of love be with you my brother.

X

Rooster
07-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Dear Lord,
You know my friend Dana much better than I do. You also know his heart. Lord, I ask you to be with Dana now, working in his life. Let your will be done in my friend's life. Lord, I pray for my friend because your Word says I should pray for his healing. I believe you hear this prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you to heal my friend, but I also trust in the plan you have for his life. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward my friend Dana. Nourish his spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with your presence. Let my friend know you are there with him through this difficulty.

Kevman
07-02-2010, 11:23 AM
57 prayers for Dana and his family. Fight hard! The fish will wait for you.

Kev

Fishbones
07-02-2010, 02:47 PM
You're welcome. And I have passed your message onto Donna.

Renee

Thank you Renee for the relayed message and help and support for Donna with these messages from us all.
Today i was driving and saw a mail truck with the No.57 on it and the first thing i thought of was Dana.
Im praying for you dana and have people all over the country praying for you too.
You are loved by many,many people wishing you a safe and speedy recovery
Hang in there Fisherman57

BBL2Baja
07-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you big guy. I've met Dana on a few occasions and it always struck me how gregarious, happy and genuinely kind he is. He gave my daughter a 57 tee that she still wears, just for helping set up chairs at an Irvine event. She still speaks of that particular Irvine Lake event and "Fisherman57" quite fondly. It's not just Team 57 that Dana has influenced, it's everyone who's come in contact with the man.

Pull through buddy...

-Scott

Prowler_Tuber
07-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Still praying for you and your family, hang in there we are all pulling for you and I am 100% positive that everyone in Team 57 is either thinking about you or praying for you. We will represent in full team 57 fashion tomorrow and do our best at the weigh in's we got your back and your familys backs all the way you keep fighting to get better ok. My family's prayers are with you get better big guy.

Panfish Slayer
07-02-2010, 08:48 PM
My prayers go out to Dana and family, wishing you a full recovery.

DockRat
07-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Hang in there Dana, you'll be fishing soon.
DR

olfishergal
07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I have a world wide prayer chain running........friends from calif to florida, england, france, japan, austrailia, hawaii, alaska, and many in between places are sending up prayers on Dana's behalf as we pray for your recovery. The true T57 Legend in alive in all our prayers around the world. we're all pulling for you Dana.
OFG

Native Gal
07-02-2010, 10:49 PM
I SECOND THAT OFG,
I just contacted more friends tonight Nationwide to pray for Dana. Many will add him to their Church's prayer requests also. God Is Indeed Good!
Dana and Donna you are still in my prayers daily! Keep strong the both of ya and feel the strength in our Prayers for the both of you.

Native Gal
(Marguerite)

smokehound
07-03-2010, 03:40 AM
He's a cool guy, and he always takes time to give you an elaborate response to your questions. Thanks to him, we're all together displaying that good humans still exist in this world.

Despite being an atheist, i'm still praying for him.

NachoFish
07-03-2010, 06:47 AM
I finally had a few moments before the day starts again.........Dana is still stable. Now it's just a lot of waiting. After speaking with a Team 57 friend (legend), I now feel confident that he is still making progress. However small it may be. Steps forward are good. I sit next to him and pull up FNN on my phone (STILL waiting for that Blackberry app) and read all the responses to him as they come in. I know he can hear what I'm saying and knows that all your thoughts and prayers are with him.

As I've said over and over, THANK YOU...........everyone. I don't think I could have made it this far without all your prayers and well wishes. I will update as I can. Again, thank you. You guys are just amazing.

D

Greg Madrigal
07-03-2010, 08:55 AM
I finally had a few moments before the day starts again.........Dana is still stable. Now it's just a lot of waiting. After speaking with a Team 57 friend (legend), I now feel confident that he is still making progress. However small it may be. Steps forward are good. I sit next to him and pull up FNN on my phone (STILL waiting for that Blackberry app) and read all the responses to him as they come in. I know he can hear what I'm saying and knows that all your thoughts and prayers are with him.

As I've said over and over, THANK YOU...........everyone. I don't think I could have made it this far without all your prayers and well wishes. I will update as I can. Again, thank you. You guys are just amazing.

D

Hi Donna, tell Dana, his net is coming along Beautifully. He's going to love it!! You two are both in my thoughts every single day no matter what. I too am still praying. Tell him I say hello and hope for a speedy recovery so he can get out and slay some more fishies, one way or another!

Your friend,

Greg

Sue
07-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Donna, the whole world is praying for Dana's recovery and that's a fact!

Granny Fish
07-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Dear Lord,
You know my friend Dana much better than I do. You also know his heart. Lord, I ask you to be with Dana now, working in his life. Let your will be done in my friend's life. Lord, I pray for my friend because your Word says I should pray for his healing. I believe you hear this prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you to heal my friend, but I also trust in the plan you have for his life. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward my friend Dana. Nourish his spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with your presence. Let my friend know you are there with him through this difficulty.

AMEN!

The Granny Fish clan is holding you up in prayer Dana, looking forward to your full recovery.

Hometown
07-03-2010, 10:39 AM
dana keep on fighting we all are pulling for you thanks for the update donna sincerrly mark

deanhall32
07-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Hang in there big guy!

fishtacomag
07-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Hey Dana, you are in my thoughts and prayers day and night. And you hang in there Donna.
shawn

Mr Bendo
07-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Still praying and thinking of you Dana, get better big guy! Hang in there Donna.

Cangler
07-03-2010, 09:32 PM
It's about time Dana locked this thread !

Troutman65
07-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Still thinking and praying for you Dana . Come on buddy , you can pull through this !!!!

bluehunter
07-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I just got wind of the horrible news from a phone call. I am sorry to hear this. Prayers are with Dana most definitely.

B

blackwater
07-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey Dana... KungPao Phuong and FireMarshall Blackwater await your return... Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Donna every moment... we are looking forwards to our next Team57 event with you and Donna at the helm...
Phuong

n1ckxlam
07-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Dana,
Prayers for you and your family. Stay strong

Nick Lam

CPT. Kirk
07-03-2010, 11:11 PM
We have never met but from the large amount of response from friends and family I'm sure you would be the type of person I would like to call my friend. My prayers are with you. get well soon. And God willing we will wet a line together one day..

BigBass777
07-04-2010, 12:34 AM
I met Dana for the first time at the Long Beach Fred Hall Show this year. I'm new to this site and haven't fished with anyone yet. He gave me a warm welcome and was glad I showed up to visit the booth. He is a very good guy for something like this to happen to him. A very class guy indeed. He has a lot on his plate running a site this big for us to participate in. I sure hope he makes a full recovery.

I met and talked with him once more at Irvine Lake before the start of the kiddie pole tournament. He was eager to have me help plan/coordinate a trout tournament at Lake Mission Viejo in the near future for FNN members. It will just take a lot of planning to do. That is his spirit for this site and others. A 100% dedicated person so we can all be better anglers and learn different fishing techniques.

Captain Boracho
07-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Looking back over the last few years of my life its hard for me to single out one other person who has been as kind honest and helpful as Dana has been. I met him @ the target acquired event. He was kind helpful and most of all welcoming to myself and my fellow bunch of newcomers to fnn and team 57. I had a couple other opportunities to enjoy his presence and they were all memorable...sharing sand real estate at irvine and campfires in the sierras. Every occasion with Dana showed me the same results....a great companion enjoying this simple thing we all call fishing. HE shared great stories, laughs, and insight into our sport. IT pains my heart every day to know that a man of such caliber is in such a state of hurt and vulnerability.....if there was ever a man who didnt deserve his situation its Dana. Look around you and take count of the people and friendships you have in your life because of his dream....Team 57...such a simple concept but so deep and great that it has brought so many laughs,friendships, and memories to all of us. I am sorry my friend Dana that you can not see my words or every other great person on this page for yourself YET. I say that because ive felt your strength by your presence and i know your strength will see you thru this. I am truly sorry and i wish there was a way i could help all of you that love Dana as a friend,companion,relative and inspiration. Stay strong and know from your personal experiences with him that he will beat this and one day be back with us. We love you dana...for all that you have been...and all that you can and WILL be. Donna i know its just a drop in the rain but we are here if u need absolutely anything.

Lightline
07-04-2010, 11:04 AM
:UDaMan:.......dear GOD our heavenly father, we ask that you place your hands on our brethren, whom is in a great time of your blessings. we ask that you listen to all of the prayers being asked, and bring our brethren back healthy, placing the breath of life into his spirit and soul.

AMEN

:UDaMan:

Santa Fe Eric
07-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I just got off the phone with my Pops!
Dana, Pops said to tell you that he is praying for you.
The outpouring of love an support on this thread is wonderful. It is truly indicative of how many lives Dana has touched. On our drive back from Lake Shasta, I was talking with my wife about how much Dana has meant to me. She reflected how whenever she would order me a personalized shirt or Jersey from my favorite sports team, I would always insist that she have my Name and old Collge number put on the Jersey. I told her that I wear the Team 57 Logo because it is the first Team that I was actually able to be a part of since College. I am pleased to be a member of team 57 because the Owner/General manager is such a class guy! Even my wife goes to bed wearing her Pink Team 57 tank top (No, I wont post pictures:Razz:).
Dana, continue to get well!
Donna, please know that we are praying for you and Dana and your family.
Eric

Big Daddy
07-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Hi Dana, Hi Donna, I wanted to let both of you know that you'er in mine, my familys , My Team 57, and my church's thoughts daily.
I check this thread many, many times a day as does everyone else for the updates as well as all of the prayers and comments that are being made. You both are truly great examples for each and everyone of us here at Team 57 & FNN. I am so glad that I was able to spend as much time with the both of you as I did at parchers (I know that each and everyone of our friends and family here feel the same wayabout the times that they have spent with both of you). I know he was so glad and proud of all of the fish you were catching in the creek as well as all of the other lakes. I ask that you would hug him for me and since your doing this by proxy give him a Big kiss from me (right on the lips- Tell him it is from Big Daddy- that should REALLY GET HIM STIRRED UP lol). I am so glad that the last day at Intake II when you guys were leaving that I was able to give him a Hug (you just never really know do you). He really does mean a super lot to me, You both do and words really can't say.

I am making you a promise that I will be praying each and everyday for both of you. The Lord Is faithful. His word say's where 2 or 3 agree touching (or asking) anything in my name I will do it, and we have 1000's

Your "Team 57" Brother
Mark

E.A.R.G.
07-04-2010, 08:04 PM
My prayers are with you Dana.
The prayer of the righteous are powerful and effective.
I believe that.
Please tell Dana that Eric, (the little asian guy) is praying for him!
=)

Native Gal
07-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Dana and Donna,
Was thinking about the both of ya in Church today. The message was about how He heals us in our time of need and that Prayers are multiplied when we reach out to him, on our own and with the help of our loved ones. Prayer in numbers is indeed strengthened and I could't help but think about our 57 family Praying for your recovery. Even the songs carried the same message. Sleep well my friends for you will both be strengthened by Prayers this night again.

NG
your team 57 family member