PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hit up the surf in Oxnard lately?

ichthus
06-29-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm headed up to Oxnard this saturday for a few days. I usually fish perch etc. with the gulp sandworms and motor-oil grubs along with sand crabs. Wondering if anyone knows what the bite has been like. Thanks and God bless,
Mark

simijab
06-29-2010, 08:51 PM
I fished Silverstrand last weekend. We did alright there we caught 25-30 between me and my lady in about 2 hours. All fish were caught on the crack (camo and bloody). We will be fishing that area this weekend to. We also fished the rincon area in ventura but there was a pretty thick red tide but there is a s@#t load of sand crabs so if you want to get bait that is the place to go. Also the water temp has gone up so if you want to fish for corbina then hollywood beach might be a good place to try. You got to get there early though. Hope this helps and maybe we will see you there

ichthus
06-30-2010, 11:30 AM
I fished Silverstrand last weekend. We did alright there we caught 25-30 between me and my lady in about 2 hours. All fish were caught on the crack (camo and bloody). We will be fishing that area this weekend to. We also fished the rincon area in ventura but there was a pretty thick red tide but there is a s@#t load of sand crabs so if you want to get bait that is the place to go. Also the water temp has gone up so if you want to fish for corbina then hollywood beach might be a good place to try. You got to get there early though. Hope this helps and maybe we will see you there

Thanks for the report! Sounds like the bite was on. We'll be fishing out in front of the embassy suites (mandalay). If the bite is dead sounds like it might be worth a run over to Silver strand. Good luck, M