PDA

View Full Version : Any Mammoth Fishing Tips?

dfisher
06-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey all,

Will be seeking trout in the next week or so and was wondering if anyone has any tips. Techniques, baits, plastics, colors... I've never fished here before and not sure which lake we will fish.

I have fished for trout before but only at Irvine, same concept I suppose?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

dfisher
06-29-2010, 10:44 PM
7 hours later, 21 views and not even a GTFO noob reply?

adriiiian
06-30-2010, 02:06 AM
hahahaha wow dude were in the same position i wanna go to mammoth but no1 wants to help us

ToonaTangler
06-30-2010, 07:02 AM
PM me and I will dial you in like flynn

tunatales
06-30-2010, 08:59 AM
What's up guys? Mammoth has a bunch of lakes and depends on what you're fishing for. Rainbows, Browns, Brookies, and Golden Trout. You need to be a little more specific. Are you fishing on a boat or shore? Want to hike or drive in? Want to fish streams, creeks, or lakes? After big fish or just wanna have fun and catch. Have a few places that are pretty much guaranteed catch for the little ones. PM me and I'll help u out.

ghetto dad
06-30-2010, 09:07 AM
I dont know much about actually fishing IN mammoth..we have stayed in mammoth the last couple trips to the sierras tho....

if you want any info (im not a pro, but i can point you in the right direction for fishing a sop or two in bishop and at crowley) hit me up

GD

RTG
06-30-2010, 11:20 AM
A little secret...in the lakes with brown trout, use crawdads. The big ones slam 'em. Also, you can't beat crickets in the streams. Remember, you can keep an additional 10 brook trout up to 10 inches in addition to the daily bag limit (except Kirman Lake). Brookies love 'em. Good eats!
Small jigs work good too as does the "never-fail" black Panther-Martin with the gold spinner. The other guys are right though- for more specific info, you need to point out where you are fishing.

Which Way Out
06-30-2010, 11:59 AM
I fished it a lot way back when but could not give you any real pointers. WONews had a great insert a few weeks back about the Eastern Sierras you might look into. Or you could surf some you tube videos which always at least give you a look at where you might want to try out.

dfisher
06-30-2010, 02:34 PM
I will PM you guys.

We are fishing from shore, as for which lake I am not to sure but I know were not hiking. I will get more information on which lake we will be at. Also we will be fishing for Rainbows and I know there are browns and alpers possibly in the same lake, would like to catch a big one but I am not picky.