PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird* Berth 55 LB SportFishing 06/25/10

halo16
06-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Sorry all, Late Report and no pics.

Went out on the Thunderbird Only $30.00 when I went on a half day from 10am-4pm weekdays.... Wow!

Anyway I have gave plenty of not so friendly reports on crews in the past but have to say this was one of the best ran trips, I have been on in a long time including overnighter's.

We headed to the bait barge gray sky's above. got snapped on a plastic with a Mac, Hey it beat the Skunk!

Anyway as were heading out the Deck-Hand gave a quick seminar (overnight style) on what we were going to target and how to rig your gear.. Ok I was impressed since this was my first trip of year, I could always use a refresher.

Ok Ok I will speed this report up... We stop and was slow on the Barrie's only a few caught, I was fishing bottom, wanted some Bass! I got one short Calico.

Next stop a lot of Macs.....Then the Cudas show people were catching at a good rate... I switched to fly line a anchovy and farmed 2 and caught 2.

First one I think i was nervous for first trip surprise I didn't lose it too. Ha! Anyway the second I felt way more comfy and bounced his AXX.

So Great half day trip, Captain was great She was so frustrated when it started slow and didn't just sit and got us on fish.

Oh and they had New Castle Beer on the Boat, yum!

JapanRon
06-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi halo16,

Thanks for the heads up on the cheap ride ...... gotta check into that deal.

JapanRon

RngrAngler18
06-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Hey Halo,

Thanks for the report! I am actually a deckhand on the Thunderbird and appreciate the good word. The landing has just started with this 10-4 trip and it seems to be going well, people are really liking the mid day trip. Hope you will come fishing with us again!

chris273
06-30-2010, 10:17 AM
$30 for a half day thats a damn good deal is that the weekend rate also? how many peeps where on board when u went? i got plans this weekend but my monday is free hmmmm well not no more lol gonna have to check it out

halo16
07-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks JR!

RngrAngler19,

It was really nice service all around from the cook and crew. And I love the 10-4 trip wish it was on weekends too. And will ride again.

Chris273, Jump on it on Monday... Their website is not updated all the time but call their boat staus line (another good thing about Berth 55) and they have a list of everything that is going out

Surfandturf
07-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Never really posted before, but thought i would regarding the Thunderbird crew. Went out on a charter with the thunderbird last saturday. Fishing was thin, but the captn busted his *** to get us on fish, especially with the decent reports lately and warmer water. I've got to say, the deckhands were some of the best i've seen on the these trips. They had knowledge, experience , clean and didnt look like they just returned from a 10 day bender. They helped me and especially my 10 year old. This was my first out of queens wharf and its a long treck out of the channel, but i will be back .
BTW, the cook made the best fricken breakfast burrito i've had on a day boat.

murrieta angler
07-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Sounded like a good time. Thanks for the report.
Robert