PDA

View Full Version : Twilight On The So Cal,Missed The JP By a Sandab

Fishbones
06-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Made plans with James "FISHSTIX" to use our free passes we got on toss back tuesday event and met up on friday at pier point landing around 5:30. There were quite a few anglers that showed up for the night bite which was cool because we got to meet and chat with some good people while fishing.
We left the dock to a sweet sunset and a mild wind chill but that didnt stop us from a great time
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0482-1.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0481-1.jpg
We fished a couple of different spot through the night but with current and wind pushing us off the spots and swinging the boat the fishing was fair because of this,,,if we could have stayed in the spot with out swinging or drifting we would have done better,.,.,there was nothing the boat or captian could have done so we stuck thru it and fished away. There were some nice sandbass caught with one of my fish being the bigger units,.,. heres where the learn my lesson happened,.,. when i brought up my nice sandbass i noticed a sandab sticking out of his mouth so i pulled it out and showed it off a lil placed it on the bait tank and continued fishing.
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0486-1.jpg
Then the end of the trip comes around and jackpot was weighed.,.,i put my bass on the hook and it was beat by another bass just barely.,.,.man if i didnt take that sandab out i would have won for sure.,.,o well i learned my lesson.,.,argh..Here are the final results of FISHSTIX and my catch for the night,.,.
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0485-1.jpg
good times fishing no matter what..thanks Fishstix for another great fishing mission bro,

fisherman from long beach
06-29-2010, 08:34 AM
sorry to hear about the jackpot.maybe next time,unless im on the boat.lol,cool report,and pics.

JapanRon
06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi fishbones,

Man what can I say !! Oh ya .... I'm not too sure about this but I heard it's better NOT to bleed a fish if you think it's a contender. It's not the loss of blood but the increased dehydration that apparently takes place that excalibrates fluid (weight) loss. Can't say I'm sure of the validity of the argument .... just thought I'd throw it your way ... if ya hadn't heard it before !!

JapanRon

Fishbones
07-08-2010, 12:56 PM
sorry to hear about the jackpot.maybe next time,unless im on the boat.lol,cool report,and pics.

any time your ready johnny lets fish..

Hi fishbones,

Man what can I say !! Oh ya .... I'm not too sure about this but I heard it's better NOT to bleed a fish if you think it's a contender. It's not the loss of blood but the increased dehydration that apparently takes place that excalibrates fluid (weight) loss. Can't say I'm sure of the validity of the argument .... just thought I'd throw it your way ... if ya hadn't heard it before !!

JapanRon

Hey JapanRon,

I didnt bleed the fish, i pulled a big sandab out of his mouth when i caught it and it cost me the jackpot in the end

FISHSTIX
07-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Double hook ups, rattle snakes flying under the rail and some c-c-cold a55 wind...goodtimes!

marzocchi
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Nice report! Bummer on the jackpot but it was a free trip so it was all good.

ezcompany
07-08-2010, 04:04 PM
sweet! how did the boat do overall? how big was the jp fish? any 5-6lbers?

Fishbones
07-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Double hook ups, rattle snakes flying under the rail and some c-c-cold a55 wind...goodtimes!

it was some good times for sure bro, lets do it again..

Nice report! Bummer on the jackpot but it was a free trip so it was all good.

you got that right Marz, thanks

sweet! how did the boat do overall? how big was the jp fish? any 5-6lbers?

the bite was fair but the weather wasnt playing nice..nothing really bigger than my fish this trip, but there out there.,.,

murrieta angler
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
ALEX!!!
Do you ever NOT fish?!
Some good size Sandies, considering the conditions you mentioned.
At least you got to fish with another addict...lol
Thanks for another report and pics,
Robert

ghetto dad
07-09-2010, 09:48 AM
wth??? TWO bass reports???? lol....nice job man.....

GD

FISHINGBEE
07-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Spankin the sandies awesome dude! Did i hear it was free?

FISHINGBEE

Fishbones
07-11-2010, 12:54 PM
limits what? or u just caught two fish?
im interested to se how the winds today will affect the bite

yup just two fish, weather was rough and we couldnt stay on the spot.

ALEX!!!
Do you ever NOT fish?!
Some good size Sandies, considering the conditions you mentioned.
At least you got to fish with another addict...lol
Thanks for another report and pics,
Robert

thanks robert, i am a fishing psycho..lol
yeah the conditions were snotty
but we managed to catch

wth??? TWO bass reports???? lol....nice job man.....GD

hahahaha steve, yup just two,.,.,.thanks bro.

Spankin the sandies awesome dude! Did i hear it was free?FISHINGBEE

thanks FISHINGBEE, yup we got the free passes on the last toss back tuesday event.

flyngby
07-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Alex,

Nice grumps!

Nice meeting you out there yesterday fishing with the kids!

I think my little fishing partner yesterday Erin put those baby's to shame while you were occupied getting nearly spooled by the "Sea Kite!" :ROFL: :Big Grin: :Razz:

Steve

Fishbones
07-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Alex,

Nice grumps!

Nice meeting you out there yesterday fishing with the kids!

I think my little fishing partner yesterday Erin put those baby's to shame while you were occupied getting nearly spooled by the "Sea Kite!" :ROFL: :Big Grin: :Razz:

Steve

Hey Steve,

It was a pleasure to meet and kinda fish with you bro, great times teaching those kids to fish, or catch chicken of the sea..lol

ROFL on the sea kite...too funny and yes i must admit your little fish slayer did put these baby bass to shame.

but i will have my revenge tomorrow, yes the big grumpy sandbass will die!!