PDA

View Full Version : Carpenteria Beach Surf fishihng friday/late report

fishfinder
06-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Got to the beach around 11 am. parked in the free parking just north of the campground. brought stuff down to the beach and set my 2 rods in pole holders to keep the sand out of them. 5 minutes later the lifguard comes over to tell me I can't fish on the beach and that i would have to walk down to the rocks to fish (north about half mile) WTF, there are no signs that say no fishing, the dfg handbook doesn't say i can't fish. BS, :Sad: I didn't want to raise a big deal, cause i was there with a bunch of women and their kids, and my kids and wife. So i went down to the rocks and threw a pearl zoom for nada, and on my other rod i threw a curly tail grub for nada (except 1 bite) after a half hour or so i gave up. the surf was hitting me hard and it was tough going. On my walk back there was a guy hooked up with a large unit of some sort, so i stopped to encourage him, and route him on. he said he was a rookie and wanted to know how to get the fish in. so i had him get the fish in knee deep water and grabbed him by the tail. it was a nice 3.5' leopard shark. i pulled the hook out for him and he took a pic, and set him free. a little further down, another guy was hooked up, and he grabbed his fish by the tail and had a small to med. guitar shark. both sharks were caught on squid. DAM LIFEGAURDS

Fishbones
06-29-2010, 07:07 AM
thanks for the report, bummer bout the no fishing zone...

BrandonFish
06-29-2010, 01:08 PM
that is crazy man if the life gaurds cared that much why dont they tell the surfers not to surf by the bridge isnt there a minimum of how close you can be while surfing by the bridge like 50 yards or something? i guess it happens yull get em next time. Thanks for the write up the leos are really coming in strong.