PDA

View Full Version : Added to the family, my first Lucky Crafts...

kendo
06-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I have been thinking about purchasing these for some time now. I have read so many raves about them on the forum post from lots of different members that I had to see what all the guff was about. Went to a couple local shops to see the selection and see where I get a better deal. Me being the kinda froogle shopper I am I just couldn't pull the trigger on single lure for 20$. Went online and checked out the ebay (ilovehardbait I believe his ebay name was). Finally one shop had them at such a great deal I picked up a few. Here is my stash.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_giKiUile95U/TClnrrC2_1I/AAAAAAAAADc/AvsuBisV4ek/s400/DSC01406.JPG
I will primarily fish from charter boats, around the bay, and from the rocks. If you guys have any comments or suggestions please let me know.

calico killer kevin
06-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Return all of them and buy Flashminnow 110's. Pointers are good too, but I'd had much more luck on Flashminnows.

That Dang Guy
06-28-2010, 11:59 PM
I wouldn't say return them all, but you should have definitely gotten a flashminnow or two. Pointers definitely have their place and cover a larger range of depths. I personally haven't tried the deeper diving models, but have done it on the other models. I'd be alittle cautious using them on charter boats. I've heard of alot of irons and such going 'missing'. I wouldn't doubt a LC would get snatched up pretty quickly if someone was that devious on the boat.

I wish you the best of luck with your purchases.

bsp
06-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I'd keep two the Pointer 100s, but the Dive Deep ia going to get snagged fishing off the jetties and in the bay. You don't really fish the smaller LCs off of charter boats as the light line you need to use to cast them well will not be suited for that environment. If you were using a Flashminnow 130 or 170 with 15lb-20lb then nobody would care, but 10lb-12lb is going to get busted off in tangles or take too long to play a fish. I'd return the Dive Deep and one 100 and get 2 Flash Minnow 110s.

kendo
06-29-2010, 12:01 PM
@That Dang Guy: I will definitely keep an eye on my Lure on the boats. I have had a few squid jigs go missing at times. I also had a few other hard baits go "Missing" on charters. @bsp: I traditionally run 12lb test when on the charters hunting for calico's in the kelp patties using plastic fluke type bait in 5" w/ 5/8 lead. I will definitely return the 100DD. I am still thinking about the flash minnow as that was what I originally wanted to buy but will have to find me a decent deal or used the money from the DD to get one in. Thanks guys for the responses. Excited to see what all the hubub is with the lucky crafts.

gavin310
06-29-2010, 01:44 PM
I've caught a bunch of halis and perch in the surf on pointers, so yeah definitely keep em!