PDA

View Full Version : Corona lake 24 hour 6/25/10

catfish 17
06-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Hey everyone, i went to the catfish grand opening at corona this weekend with my gf and my family, we did the 24 hour thing. I got there at 6:30pm. The fish were biting crazy, but i missed about 12 bites!!!!!!!!!:Crying:, was on the first fish of the day at around 7:15 or so... the point is that i ended up fishing till 4:30am then i went to my camping house and knocked out.lol :LOL:. After i woke up, i didnt fish for anything, i just went to go clean my fish and then left.

My total fish of the day was 8 catfish.

Does anyone know a better spot at corona to keep the bite going all night either from boat or shore?pm me thanks.:Big Grin:

gavin310
06-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I was fishing at SARL on 6/25 and the fish stopped biting once it got dark. Keep in mind these fish were recently stocked, and at the hatchery they feed the fish in the daytime, so maybe it will take the fish a while before they get used to the new feeding schedule?? Not sure, but maybe.

catfish 17
06-28-2010, 05:06 PM
I was fishing at SARL on 6/25 and the fish stopped biting once it got dark. Keep in mind these fish were recently stocked, and at the hatchery they feed the fish in the daytime, so maybe it will take the fish a while before they get used to the new feeding schedule?? Not sure, but maybe.

that suck's. for me it was the other way around, when the sun was going down, the fish started to bite more and more. might do the 24 hours again this friday.

BULLDOGBOOGERS
06-28-2010, 05:55 PM
would love for them to drop the price down to 29.95 like they did last year.....for the all-night fishing...... 99.9 % of the time when i go with the alley cat,gavin or turtleracer...we will fish from 5:00 pm friday afternoon till 6:00 am saturday morning.....12 or 13 hours is about as long as i can hang on a boat......then i head for the house........60.00 to get in & 8.00 to put the boat in.......c'mon son please drop that price to 29.95.......the best bang for your buck....is at the "vine"

bluehunter
06-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Catfish17 there likely is no better spot per say as the fish move around. One week they may be by the dam and the next week in da trees. The better consistant spot over the last 20 years I went to Corona been the trees. Always a good spot. You may get stuck a lot. But its been consistant. Also Mid lake by the trees as well. I have not been there in about 3 years - lol - but use to fish it frequently back N da days and I am sure nothings changed that much. Catmando and I use to kill them there one time we caught fish all night long on the 24hr deal. We caught so many we lost count. Released so many too. Those was the days. All on M&Ms. That was a while ago.

Fishbones
06-29-2010, 07:14 AM
good job getting the kittys, thanks for the report...

catfish 17
06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
would love for them to drop the price down to 29.95 like they did last year.....for the all-night fishing...... 99.9 % of the time when i go with the alley cat,gavin or turtleracer...we will fish from 5:00 pm friday afternoon till 6:00 am saturday morning.....12 or 13 hours is about as long as i can hang on a boat......then i head for the house........60.00 to get in & 8.00 to put the boat in.......c'mon son please drop that price to 29.95.......the best bang for your buck....is at the "vine"

yeah i want them to put that $29.99 deal again soon. Where do you recommend a good catfish spot?pm me.

catfish 17
07-04-2010, 04:10 PM
honestly that whole lake is loaded with fish. my fishfinder was showing everything everywhere. just bait and wait. maybe move around a few times. but corona is pretty easy. good job on the 8 catfish.

side note.
so a family of a husband and wife can fish for $60 and keep 15 catfish.
If i fished with my buddy would it only cost 60 at the gate? or do they charge both of us?

anyone with real experience is greatly appreciated

If it's not the dad and mom, then it will be 60.00 for you, and 60.00 for your friend. (maybe) they will be cool and count it as the dad and wife special, but maybe not.

smokehound
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Well they say "Spouse".. So you could always falsify a homosexual fishing excursion.

LOL.

CASTAWAY
07-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Eight fish is a good fishing trip in my opinion. Way to go. I'm planning an over-niter myself this month at Corona....:Cool:

catfish 17
07-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Eight fish is a good fishing trip in my opinion. Way to go. I'm planning an over-niter myself this month at Corona....:Cool:

yeah 8 fish is prettty good. but i would have abou 12-15 if i wouldnt of missed them so much. Get on the 24 hour deal bro, it's worth it.