PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Queen or Aztec?

jplee3
06-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi all,

My buddy and I are considering an overnighter on either the Pacific Queen (Fisherman's Landing) or the Aztec (Seaforth) but aren't sure which would be the better choice.

We're on the hunt for tuna and YT and were looking towards the end of July for this.

We've never been outta SD before so we have no clue as to the fleets down there. Checked around and these two boats are pretty much the only two that fit our availability for when we want to go. We were considering the Ranger 85, but it's out of our $$$ range. And at $225 (for an overnighter), we're already stretched!

Any advice?

Of course, the ultimate fall-back would be the trusty ole Seahorse out of Dana Point :)

HEMAN
06-28-2010, 03:27 PM
i've been on the Aztec and i enjoyed it. Nice boat, good crew.

jplee3
06-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks! Also saw that the Holiday and New Lo-An out of Point Loma are available. Any word on those two boats?

flopps1
06-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Either boat will put you on the fish. Rather then the boat, I would suggest you guys take a 1 1/2 instead. More time on the water, cover longer ranges, and sometimes the bite just happens later in the day. Overnighter won't be around if that happens.

jplee3
06-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Either boat will put you on the fish. Rather then the boat, I would suggest you guys take a 1 1/2 instead. More time on the water, cover longer ranges, and sometimes the bite just happens later in the day. Overnighter won't be around if that happens.

Right... I'll keep an eye out for one. Unfortunately I don't currently see anything for the time-slot we're looking at. :(

troutdog
06-28-2010, 11:26 PM
The New Lo-An gets my nod for personal reasons, going above and beyond the call of duty by staying out later then they should have just to get us on the fish. I remember getting off the boat, watching them load some supplies and then the next load of anglers heading right back out to the tuna grounds. That extra effort turned a skunk into the most memorable bite I have ever experienced.

The Holiday, Pacific Queen and Aztec are all great boats worthy of your business....good suggestion on the 1.5 day trip if possible. Have fun out there and good luck!

TD

jplee3
06-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Any word on the Producer? Looks like that one is also going out.

I don't see any availability for 1.5-dayers still... maybe one will pop up but I doubt it.