PDA

View Full Version : Back in SBC 06-27-10 Extremely WFO surf action!!! I'm Back Everybody!!!!!!!!

Ray Lopez
06-28-2010, 10:37 AM
So Dan (GotBass?) and i had to get back out there again but we wanted to hit a spot a bit more north then last time. Plus our other buddy Rudy wanted to join in on the action.

We got 4 bags of squid and a bag of dines and hit the surf. Got there around 8am this time armed with 2 surf poles. A fly fisherman walked by us on the way to the spot and said he was seeing lots of leo's in the surf and he caught a few smaller ones in the rollers. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

We bait up the surf poles and toss um out there. Then we get to perch'n. We start slamming the perch right off the bat and then WHAM BAM ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOM my surf pole goes off in less then 10 minutes. I ended up pulling in a 4.5 foot guitar fish. Then the other surf pole went off and another guitar fish comes to the surf. I keep going for the perch and they were slamming the sand crabs every cast.

Then i get another guitar fish then Rudy gets one and then Dan gets one. I go to take a pic of Dan's fish and i can't find my cell phone!!!!!!! I must of dropped it making bait and off to the O-chin it went!! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i don't let it phase me we just kept at it and the surf poles were just going of left and right. After about 2 hours of trying to perch fish i give up on the perch because the surf poles were going of every 5 to 10 minutes. Beyond WFO!!!! It was plain epic!!!! We were catching everything on the surf poles. Once the tide went down we got a chance to get to a another spot to the south of us. We march over there and This spot was even better for the surf poles. We started catching loads of Leo's and some huge bat rays.

Then Rudy's crackberry gets dropped in the O-chin!!!!! Damn!!! we were taking all the pictures on his cell phone after mine got lost!!! So we have no pictures of this EPIC day.

We left around 6:30pm before we got trapped by the high tide.

I have no clue how many fish were caught today but I'll make a guess of about 60+ on the surf poles and about 50+ perch. The second spot was pretty much impossible to perch in because the surf poles were getting slammed right away. By the time you were able to scoop up a sand crab and put it on the hook the surf poles would be going full bendo. Missed a few really good hits by trying to perch lol.

Fish caught:
30+ shovel nose guitar fish (biggest was 4.5')
15+ Leo's (biggest was a 4')
50+ Barred Surf Perch (Biggest was 12")
3 guitar fish
2 Bat Rays (Biggest was 50+ pounds)
2 Smooth Hound shark
1 Halibut
1 Yellow Fin Croaker
1 Walleye Surf Perch

I ended up with the biggest fish with the 50+ pound bat ray plus all the other big fish came to me too. Rudy lost a huge Leo in the 5 foot range right in the sand. We almost ran after it lol but it was too fast.

Sorry i have no pictures seeing as both cell phones we were taking pics with are lost to the sea grrrrrrrrrrrrr. This was by far the most epic day I've ever had on the surf ever!!!!!!!!!

Fishbones
06-29-2010, 07:33 AM
dude, you killed it out there,.,. those are some great numbers for a days fishing...congrats bro!

Ray Lopez
06-29-2010, 08:20 AM
dude, you killed it out there,.,. those are some great numbers for a days fishing...congrats bro!

yea it was pretty sick for fishing!!! Think im gonna head back out this weekend, the lady wants to hit up the beach and well that just means i can do some surf fishing.

Greg Madrigal
06-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Wooooooooowwwwwww, and I can't catch crap from a beach....Never have, and tried again yesterday. I suck at surf fishin-YOu ROCK!

Welcome back!

GM<><

gavin310
06-29-2010, 11:47 AM
All the SBC reports have been awesome lately. One question though... wtf is SBC? Is it Santa Barbara County?

BrandonFish
06-29-2010, 01:01 PM
AcTiOn! gotta love those days Thanks for the report

Ray Lopez
06-29-2010, 04:27 PM
All the SBC reports have been awesome lately. One question though... wtf is SBC? Is it Santa Barbara County?
yea

Wooooooooowwwwwww, and I can't catch crap from a beach....Never have, and tried again yesterday. I suck at surf fishin-YOu ROCK!

Welcome back!

GM<><
man i gotta get you out there with me one of these times. I normally slay on the perch everywhere i go, but these last two trips i've made in the surf up north have been super epic. Best days I've ever had hands down!!!

AcTiOn! gotta love those days Thanks for the report

not a problem i love shareing days like this, just wish i had the pictures to prove it. I might luck out if rudy's memory card is still working because his phone is done lol.

bones
06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Great Job Raylo!
I'm thinking you have been working out lately because you aren't complaining about sore arms....LOL
Glad to see that you have got the surf bug again dude. It's getting mighty hot up at the lake lately and there is ALOT more eye candy at the beach. Believe it or not....It's going to get better.

Keep up the slaying.....

<><--------------MIKE--------------><>

Ray Lopez
06-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Great Job Raylo!
I'm thinking you have been working out lately because you aren't complaining about sore arms....LOL
Glad to see that you have got the surf bug again dude. It's getting mighty hot up at the lake lately and there is ALOT more eye candy at the beach. Believe it or not....It's going to get better.

Keep up the slaying.....

<><--------------MIKE--------------><>

oh trust me my whole body is sore lol!!! But not too bad since i was out there 3 days before and slayed that trip, almost killed me i pretty much collapsed when i got home lol I'll be back tomorrow but for a much shorter session. Gonna get up there around 5:30am and leave around 2 or 3pm. a 9 hour trip and not these 12 or more hour long trips i've been doing bwhahahahaa.