PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon Full Moon

stg68
06-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Went night fishing again. This time solo.
From 10 pm to 6 am managed to land 11 LMB's total, lost 4. Biggest one was 5.1 pounder.
All was release, as usual.

SDDave
06-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice job on the nite time fish, to go out when you can't see what your doing takes alot of effort,
But dont take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to bash you.
The way your laying your fish in the dirt damages the fish, there protective coating is there slime coat, each fish would need to be overly handled just to clean the dirt off them, this removal of there slime coat, specially as the water warms opens them up for infection and the mortality rate goes way up, so I hope you understand that I'm just trying to educate and not flaming you, try laying a fish on a wet towel next time for a photo, or just hang them out in front of you. Nice catch... Dave

oscarsx
06-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Come on now, trying to "educate" people on forums is a fail method. Enjoy the guys pictures and let it go.

stg68
06-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Nice job on the nite time fish, to go out when you can't see what your doing takes alot of effort, But take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to bash you.
The way your laying your fish in the dirt damages the fish, there protective coating is there slime coat, each fish would need to be overly handled just to clean the dirt off them, this removal of there slime coat, specially as the water warms opens them up for infection and the mortality rate goes way up, so I hope you understand that I'm just trying to educate and not flaming you, try laying a fish on a wet towel next time for a photo, or just hang them out in front of you. Nice catch... Dave

Thanks , I will, I did not keep them for long, just for a 10 sec or so

SDDave
06-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Come on now, trying to "educate" people on forums is a fail method. Enjoy the guys pictures and let it go.
Well why think so, that just the negative, It's people helping other people to help protect the sport, there's always going to be people telling others, thats how we learn, weather from books , Magazine , forum boards, fish should always be handled with wet hands to protect the slime coat, or a wet towel, So to say trying to not educate people on any means doesn't fly in my book, but were all open to your opinions to, that's why just talking about our sport is a good thing, Dave

stg68
06-27-2010, 10:49 AM
I do not mind good education at all, thanks. We all lerning from each other, as you sad.

SDDave
06-27-2010, 11:31 AM
I do not mind good education at all, thanks. We all lerning from each other, as you sad.
Well sorry I didn't want to dramatize your post for anything other than a Great Job on getting those fish, It's always very tough to pick on details of someones catch, believe me your not the first person I've seen posting pic's of fish in the dirt, yours is just the one I happened to comment on, My words don't always make it in written word the same way they were thought of.
I just started to post again, taking criticism and giving it is a double edged sword, I trying to inform what and where i catch my fish at or on, so for the people who need help feel they can ask or contribute here in these boards with out the negative vibe back at there questions or comments.
I fell in to the later spectrum of to much negativity and I'm trying to come back with a positive attitude...
I'm looking for some back seater's to share the costs of the boat looking in the near furture... Dave

kpn
06-27-2010, 05:33 PM
You did it again Steve! Some nice quality bass you got there.

KPN.

stg68
06-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks, Where have you been lately ?

Check PM

Fishbones
06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
congrats stg68, thats a sweet goon bass you got there, thanks for the report and pics
Im glad you are willing to hear some one out and be educated,.,.,my hats off to you,,,

oscarsx, you cant give up trying to educate people, even if they laugh in your face as ive had them do
i knew they heard me and that might have been enough to help educate anglers next time.

stg68
06-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks , Alex

That was my mistake, too rush to make a photo , and start to cust again.
But Dave is 100% right
Steve.

Ray Lopez
06-28-2010, 11:06 AM
those are some nice big healthy looking bass you got there. Right on. I Love night fishing the lagoon.

Also i have been hearing from some friends of mine that the Sheriffs are giving people crap for fishing at night and telling them that they can only fish the Pier. Have you had any problems with the PoPo recently? It's been a few weeks since i've hit the lagoon for a night session. Been spending lots of nights in the salt.

stg68
06-28-2010, 11:31 AM
those are some nice big healthy looking bass you got there. Right on. I Love night fishing the lagoon.

Also i have been hearing from some friends of mine that the Sheriffs are giving people crap for fishing at night and telling them that they can only fish the Pier. Have you had any problems with the PoPo recently? It's been a few weeks since i've hit the lagoon for a night session. Been spending lots of nights in the salt.

Hi, Ray
Thanks. Nope, did not have any problem with Sheriffs. I did not make any noise , so they may not even see me there.

I've seen some people even camped by the shore, and seams all ok.

stg68
06-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Here is the info from castaiclake.com

"The East Side Lagoon offers anglers 24-hour shoreline fishing. Shoreline fishing is accessible from the east side only" .
So, as I can tell, all East Side Lagoon is for 24-hour fishing.

LuvThymetal
06-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Damn nice size bass man. I was there last friday, only caught 1 bass about 2 pounds. Was that a chatterbait you were using in the pic ?

plastics
06-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Awesome post and great job out there. Can't tell you how impressed I am with the fact that you are hammering them on a chatter bait!!! I bet they are thumping that bad boy when they strike. I went out last thursday and caught a couple smaller ones on drop shot and my buddy did pretty well with a stick bait ... he got a nice 4.2 and broke off a big girl on 10 pound test. How you're getting that chatter bait through the weeds is beyond me, but good for you for getting it done and catching some toads out there.

Plastics

stg68
06-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks, Plastics.
One of this days, if I see you at the lake, I can show you. But it is fun to use chatterbait !!!!!
Steve.

Ray Lopez
07-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Here is the info from castaiclake.com

"The East Side Lagoon offers anglers 24-hour shoreline fishing. Shoreline fishing is accessible from the east side only" .
So, as I can tell, all East Side Lagoon is for 24-hour fishing.

I guess the only area they are not allowing people to fish on the east side are from the fishing pier to the front gate. Anywhere from the fishing pier to the buoys at the north end is okay. This is coming from the cops mouth. You can try to argue with them but i bet they win hahahaha.

stg68
07-01-2010, 09:29 AM
yea, good luck to argue with cops

smokehound
07-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Come on now, trying to "educate" people on forums is a fail method. Enjoy the guys pictures and let it go.Saying no to education? now THAT's a fail. :LOL:

stg68
07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Saying no to education? now THAT's a fail. :LOL:

I never saying no to education ..............