PDA

View Full Version : Nice Day of Lagoon Bassin - 6/25

Fire Ball
06-26-2010, 11:36 PM
I woke up late the day after surf fishing, so my dad and I hit the Upper Lake for the afternoon yesterday, but ended up fishing the Lagoon. My feet hurt from the sunburn that I got, but I didn't care, I wanted to fish some more! We went to the Upper Lake and it was really crowded, with lots of boats and wake and really murky water, so we decided to escape the madness and go to the Goon! We hit our first spot and no bites, so we moved down more. I still wasn't catching anything, so I switched to my jerkbait. After a few cast *BAM* My jerkbait got slammed and this fish was pulling off some line and I could feel its strength. Then I felt it come off! I reeled my jerkbait in and one of my hook was bent almost completely straight out! I knew I should have bought some heavier wire hooks to replace the fairly light ones it has! I made some more casts and stuck a dink on the jerkbait. I switched back to drop shot a little while after and then I caught a nice bass weighing 3 lb 11 oz, fairly soon after moving. This one wasn't pulling too much line off, but it was pulling HARD. A little while after that one, I felt and *THUNK* on my drop shot and set the hook. I could feel that it was a nice bass, but not sure how nice. Then when I got her closer to the boat, she took off! She was pulling off a ton of line compared to the last one and she was pulling hard too! My drag was going crazy and this fish was challenging to fight near the objects I was fishing around. I finally got her to the boat and she weighed in at 4 lb 9 oz. Two NICE bass and I was excited. After that, my dad caught his first bass of the day, weighting 2 lb 2 oz on the drop shot. Not too much later, I was working my Roboworm really close to the boat and then felt a tap and then pulled up a little and nothing was there. I let it sink back down and then *TAP* again and I set this hook this time, only to have the fish come off after a second or two, haha. After that, I got another one on the drop shot, weighing 1 lb 10 oz. Then my dad caught his second fish of the day, a dink. Soon after, another, weighing 1 lb 9 oz. Then I started tossing the jerkbait some more and had a follower when I was messing around and wasn't paying attention to my jerkbait. It came up to my jerkbait and touched it, but I pulled it away because I didn't stop jerking until I realized what had happened! :LOL: I guess I should have been paying more attention. A little bit after that, I hooked another one on the jerkbait, but came off after a second because of my mangled hooks that I tried to repair a couple times before, haha. To end the day, my dad caught one on his jerkbait weighing 1 lb 15 oz. Overall it was an awesome day, but I wish I would have been able to catch what bent my hook on my jerkbait, haha. 5 fish for me and 3 fish for my dad in about 4 hour was not bad at all though! :Twisted:

Pictured below are my each of our two biggest for the day:

3 lb 11 oz
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3249/bass86.jpg

4 lb 9 oz
http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/1553/bass87.jpg

2 lb 2 oz
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6289/dadbass24.jpg

1 lb 15 oz
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7771/dadbass25.jpg

Fishbones
06-27-2010, 10:22 AM
awesome bassin slay fireball, congrats to you and pops...thanks for the report and cool pics bro!!

SDDave
06-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Nice catch as aways, nice photo's, have you ever tried the soft jerkbaits, Sluggos.... they real slide thru the weeds good...

stg68
06-28-2010, 05:26 PM
No bad at all for 4 hours fishing.
Good report, as usual

trail blazer
06-28-2010, 06:45 PM
WTG FIREBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youve yurned into a regular slay machine,,,,,,,,KVD better watch out,FIREBALLs in DA HOUSE!!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Fire Ball
06-29-2010, 02:29 PM
awesome bassin slay fireball, congrats to you and pops...thanks for the report and cool pics bro!!

Thanks. I've been slaying them every time I go out now. :Twisted:

Nice catch as aways, nice photo's, have you ever tried the soft jerkbaits, Sluggos.... they real slide thru the weeds good...

Thanks. Ya, my dad likes fishing Flukes sometimes.

No bad at all for 4 hours fishing.
Good report, as usual

Thank you.

WTG FIREBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youve yurned into a regular slay machine,,,,,,,,KVD better watch out,FIREBALLs in DA HOUSE!!!!!

TRAIL BLAZER

Thanks! :Cool:

LuvThymetal
06-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Kllla out there like always, great stuff!

adriiiian
06-30-2010, 09:48 AM
FIREBALL!!FIREBALL!FIREBALL!!:Not Worthy:

xjdesertfox
06-30-2010, 10:31 AM
hey man im hitting the goon tomorrow, mind letting me know what color robo you were DSing?

if you dont want to post it a PM would be great! thanks man.