PDA

View Full Version : Bassin' in NPH Wed (23rd) and Fri (25th)

LunkerLover
06-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey guys and gals ... it's been awhile...

BOTH days, went out on my BassTracker 175 ...

Spent Wednesday hoppin front spot to spot (from PCH bridge, Bay Island, Barge, jetty...) Ended up with about 15 bass and 2 flatties (16" and 20")

Threw Gulp Jerk Shad in Ice, Nuke Chick, and Natural ... d/s and jig head ...

Friday was spent 95% around the bait barge tossin LIVELY little chovies from midnight to early morning.... 8 different species

1 Barracuda
9 Spotties
4 Calicos
3 Sandies
2 Butts
1 Mack
1 FUNKY lookin wrasse-lookin guy
2 FAT sting rays

SORRY NO PIX
:Sad:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-27-2010, 12:57 AM
nice lunker, i guess i'm headed over there for a lil tourney. i don't really know much about salt bass so i'ma give those jerk shads a try...wtg on your session at nph, but what the hell is a funky lookin wrasse?

andyhucks
06-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Nice multi-species day my man. Hey do you know if you can get bait from the barge without a boat?

LunkerLover
06-28-2010, 03:37 PM
yup ... kayak, float tube, canoe, etc ... as long as you can GET to it .... $10 for small SMALL scoops ...

flyngby
06-28-2010, 08:07 PM
LL,

Good to see you back at it!

Nice believable fish variety and count there from a NPH Vet of the tube and nice new ride! Saw you working Bay Isle a while back in the new ride as we came up the channel with a few of my guests! I think you recognized me but for sure I was looking over now confirmed new ride! Nice to get around with a little more power?

My boat is getting dehydated this year from lack of use but am pounding the shore when I get a chance!

Take care!

Steve

Thanks for the report!

LunkerLover
07-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Yo! Steve!

I THOUGHT that was you and your crew ... I was SURE I saw someone taking a "skunk" picture... :)

Yeah, it's sweet having a bass rig in NPH .... trolling motor ALL day ... dock to dock to dock!

We had ANOTHER great day on the boat this week .... over 30+ bass!

CU SOON!

smokehound
07-02-2010, 12:06 AM
LL,

Good to see you back at it!

Nice believable fish variety and count there from a NPH Vet of the tube and nice new ride! Saw you working Bay Isle a while back in the new ride as we came up the channel with a few of my guests! I think you recognized me but for sure I was looking over now confirmed new ride! Nice to get around with a little more power?

My boat is getting dehydated this year from lack of use but am pounding the shore when I get a chance!

Take care!

Steve

Thanks for the report!haha was that you guys bumpin the hip-hop by the elk's lodge?

Jaysuuun
07-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Yo ryan nice long time no see. Those are some nice numbers. Sorry I didn't get to respond to your txt, I've been pretty busy lately. Not sure when's the next time I'll be able to get out there. :Neutral:

Anglerfish
07-08-2010, 12:38 PM
The "Funky lookin Wrasse" is actually called a "Rock Wrasse", somewhat related to the "Sheephead"! They're normally found over at Catalina, but I guess they make they're way over on tis side? Never have caught one myself, but have a friend who got one last week at NPH, "M" street dock..............