PDA

View Full Version : YAY!!! First Bass ever at Casitas

nandob25
06-26-2010, 08:32 PM
It's been almost two years since I’ve been fishing or posted here on FNN. When my daughter was born three years ago with bad asthma it kind of put a halt on a lot of our trips to the water because her health and a slight addiction to World Of Warcraft but her health will always come first. That being said, for father’s day this year, my wonderful family got me 4 hour half day guided bass tour with Ojai Anglers, Prior to this trip, I had never caught a bass nor felt the fight. THAT'S ALL IN THE PASS NOW BABY!!!! LOL!
So we head out from the marina with our guide Chris (very, very, very, nice guy by the way) and head across the lake. We start talking about me and my sons fishing history and we tell him how we can never catch a bass. His reply is I hope we can change that today. We hit one cove, then another, then another, then another, then another and more and nothing. By this time, two hours have passed by and my girlfriend and daughter (still on shore playing and exploring) text us. This is her text verbatim… “I wanted to call but I had a feeling yall weren’t doing to good is why I didn’t hear from you. I’m sorry.” And this is my reply… “No worries. I’m having fun just being out here! =) “ Now as I’m typing this, my line is in the water and I feel my hand start losing my grip on my pole (which belongs to the guide, they supplied all tackle) so I reestablish my grip and just as I press “Send” on the text…. WHAAAAM!!!! FISH ON BABY!!!! This was my first feel of a bass fight and it was nice. I still had about 25 feet of line out and he damn near had my pole looking like a Q… major bendo! After about a 20 to 25 second fight it was all over and finally popped my bass cherry! LOL!
My son came up with a skunk but he said he had a good time… I hope so… I had fun being out there with him!

My son took this shot with my blackberry... nice shot Brandon!
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/Nandob25/NandosFirsteverBASS.jpg

lilkeebler1
06-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Yay! Congrats on landing your first one...this summer we'll have to make sure it isn't your last!

chuxder
06-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Congrats on your first LMB. Casitas is a very tough lake, especially now. You should give Castaic a try, I hear the bass are biting pretty good right now.

Fishbones
06-29-2010, 07:36 AM
congrats and thanks for the report,

DodgersFan
07-03-2010, 04:07 AM
nice report!! screw warcraft buddy its all about call of duty