PDA

View Full Version : Late night run at the Lagoon 06/25

GGA
06-26-2010, 02:08 PM
My first time hitting up Castiac Lake Lagoon on Friday late night, parking alot was full of anglers. Set the fort ,and ate some late night dinner , also got some tips from an angler that had one luck for the night. He was very generous to give me a pack of ROBOWORMS and some turn hooks. then it was off to the shore. While fishing big splashes hit the surfaces "maybe LMB". However, anglers was reporting very slow bites and the ones that are caught , the were sizes small. Around 330am first hoook up at the docks, once hit the deck estimate weight**2.5lbz** pretty decent for the first time. After, no bites. Also the water of the lagoon gets very warm towards late morning??? pretty sure fishes doesnt stick around when sunrise. Is there any big catfishes out in the lagoon, also how about the trouts, What color ROBOWORMS are the best at night??? thanks guys.

BrandonFish
06-26-2010, 02:09 PM
not a bad first time at the goon congrats..

Fishbones
06-27-2010, 10:54 AM
congrats for beating the skunk and welcome to the board, 1 word.....oxblood

Ray Lopez
06-28-2010, 10:58 AM
My first time hitting up Castiac Lake Lagoon on Friday late night, parking alot was full of anglers. Set the fort ,and ate some late night dinner , also got some tips from an angler that had one luck for the night. He was very generous to give me a pack of ROBOWORMS and some turn hooks. then it was off to the shore. While fishing big splashes hit the surfaces "maybe LMB". However, anglers was reporting very slow bites and the ones that are caught , the were sizes small. Around 330am first hoook up at the docks, once hit the deck estimate weight**2.5lbz** pretty decent for the first time. After, no bites. Also the water of the lagoon gets very warm towards late morning??? pretty sure fishes doesnt stick around when sunrise. Is there any big catfishes out in the lagoon, also how about the trouts, What color ROBOWORMS are the best at night??? thanks guys.

good job on the skunk killer.

Also yes there are some good sized catfish in the lagoon, but not in big numbers. Trout are pretty much all gone, they have not stocked the lagoon since Jan. With no future stocking in site. Damn Enviro-nazi's!!!!!!

But there is still Bass O' Plenty in there just waiting to get caught...and released!!! Also the crappie bite is still doing okay with mini jigs on bobbers from the shore.