PDA

View Full Version : hammer,tube,pb out the of harbor!

fisherman from long beach
06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
went tubin fri as part of my routine,arrive around 3ish,hardly any movement in the water,try a diffrent spot and tubed for about an hour for one small donk spottie.so i decided to ead back to my normal spot out around the pennisula.but this time i wanted to try a diffrent plastic.put on a 3inch big hammer with a 1/4 ounce lead head,and just start workin.this time the water started moving in.and second cast bam fish on,a nice sized spottie,so i kick on over to the nect spot bam fish on.worked a couple more spots and then i get a hit but it was'nt the normal spottie thump.this was a small dead weight for about 2secs,when i know he's on i set the hook and theFIGHT begins!he starts Peelin of drag,and get a couple of reels in and then he takes of again this time he's got me doing circles in the tube which is sweet because i never had this done to me b4.i get him close to the tube and i see this dark flat shadow and im oh **** i got a big pancake.get him close to the tube and i see i have the perfect hook up my line wasnt near his sharp teeth,hooked right in the upper jaw.he take a couple of more runns b4 he tires and im waitin with boga grim in hana a i lip him,he starts to thrash around and an older couple come by cruising in there lil electric boat and the older gent sees has what i have and i seen him literally jump out of his seat and say look he has a big halibut,he's is hanging out the side and was awe struck just as much as me.he gives the big thumbs up and says i need a bigger boat.i know fellas i cant put photos right now on the computer its trippin,but i do have the pics saved.it measured out mouth open at 29inches.and i ended up the day with a total of 5spotties and another flattie that measured around 16 inches on the tube.what an epic day for me on the tube.if you put the work in you will be rewarded in nph.:!!!: i ended up texting fishbones and fishstix but my phone got wet and its trippin so i couldnt respond ....thanks for readin and i soon as the computer is fixed i will most def put the pics.sssaaaawwwweeeetttt! FISHERMAN FROM LONG BEACH!!!!!!:Wink:

BrandonFish
06-26-2010, 02:02 PM
sweet report i love it when a fish can drag you around on your float tube sweet butt congrats on your PB halibut

elevated
06-26-2010, 05:09 PM
nice job on the flattie!

bones
06-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Great Job in the harbor. A 29 incher in NPH is definately a fine catch!
Congrats and can't wait to see the pics!

CPT. Kirk
06-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Great catch in the tube. I have only tubed NPH one with BrandonFish and Swank909 I had a great time. I cant wait to get out again.

06-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Great Job in the harbor. A 29 incher in NPH is definately a fine catch!
Congrats and can't wait to see the pics!
a bro as soon as i can get this computer fixed i will post it for sure.im telling you it was awesome, catching that thing that day.im glad i put new line(10lb big game) and oiled of my reel.i dont like to post if i dont have pics but this time i had to,i mean i was texting fishbones and fishstix,a lil bragging,thats all.thanks for the reply FISHERMAN FROM LONG BEACH

Fishbones
06-27-2010, 10:27 AM
congrats johnny, when i got your text i was totally excited for you and could not wait to see the pics bro,,,hurry up and get em posted, you finally got a biggen bro congrats again for time spent and putting in work bro,,,,you did it!!!

murrieta angler
06-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Way to go Johnny!
29"... in the harbor is awesome. Bet you had some nice filets from that baby!
Robert

06-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Way to go Johnny!
29"... in the harbor is awesome. Bet you had some nice filets from that baby!
Roberti game it to my father inlaw he's a chef,and i dont want to ruin the fish practicing my fillet skills.he said he gonna hook up some stews for the 4th.i will take some pics and post the after math.

Swank909
06-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Grats on the hali! That sucker is a beast for the harber, i'm sure he put up one hell of a fight on the 10lb line.

06-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Grats on the hali! That sucker is a beast for the harber, i'm sure he put up one hell of a fight on the 10lb line.

yeah and i just oiled up the reel up and put new line on it,so it was workin in perfect order.being twisted in a circle was awesome!

FISHSTIX
06-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Congrats on getting your pb, im glad I released it that day we hit the harbor so you could catch it.lol :LOL:
btw..I sent those your way.

andyhucks
06-28-2010, 03:01 PM
I bet that light tackle hali in the tube was sure fun! I cant wait to get my float on.. What color BH did you use? What were the spotties biting on?

06-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I bet that light tackle hali in the tube was sure fun! I cant wait to get my float on.. What color BH did you use? What were the spotties biting on?

it was a lime green,with a dark gree,i caught both species with that.i wasnt to much into b/h's,but after that im a believer!no uni butter,no smelly scents whatsoever.

flyngby
06-28-2010, 07:57 PM
:Bug Eyes:

Waiting for the pic?

Nice report!