PDA

View Full Version : Yorba Regional Park

Rapala17
06-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Got there in the morning at 7:00 AM sharp to web a few lines in the middle lake. Water clarity was horrible and dark brown. First cast, landed a 1 1/2 lb. Bass on watermelon seed YUM Dinger, and twenty minutes later a 1 lb. Catfish on a silver Rapala X-Rap splash bait.

Has anyone fished here recently? I will be there Sunday in the afternoon until evening. The evening bite is better, for I hooked some small fish in evening, but they spit the hook before I could lip them. I noticed the fish seem to be predominately small in the lakes. Where are some places to consider working with some lures? Which lake?

Bent rods for life,
Rapala17

BrandonFish
06-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the report those catfish are crazy

FishEye
06-26-2010, 04:21 PM
I used to frequent this spot all the time. I've done quite well at the largest of the three lakes but there are some pigs in the other two. Most of my fish were caught with spinners and plastics fishing deep structure. My go to was drop-shotting robos with a 1/4-3/8oz wt. I dunno how it is currently but last year at this time I was consistently gettin' on'em. Let us all know how it goes on Sunday.

Rapala17
07-01-2010, 01:48 AM
So it was my fiancée's grandfather's 80th Birthday, so I did not get a chance to fish was hoped to do. Through a Silver Rapala X-Rap Splashbait for about 25 minutes and that was it. Too bright with no cover, so no fish were on it. Need some overcast.

jonnyfishon
07-01-2010, 09:09 PM
i was there a couple of weeks ago , managed a little bullhead cat, maybe a half lb., on a crawler, one if those lakes is loaded with turtles, only been there a couple of times, havent caught much else to note of there! i seen a school of carp 2-5 lbs, but they were very skiddish, god luck