PDA

View Full Version : SARL today...what was i thinking?

sandtrout
06-25-2010, 04:18 PM
i fished la palma area, kid's pond, pump house, levit's corner. not a bite. used marshmallows/mealworms, nightcrawlers, shrimp. not a nibble. i didn't hear of anyone else getting a bite until i went to the loading ramp. counted 35 people and only 8 fish among them all. saw one old guy cleaning 2 small cats. the cleaning station was bone dry until he got there.

i used to fish here every weekend. sometimes caught my limit quickly, sometimes took all day but usually caught a limit. brought lots of kids because at least they'd catch fish. for me...ever since they started stocked 20+ pound fish it's been hard to catch, much less limit. it seems that for every 20+pounder they put in, there's 20 - 1 pounders that are no longer put in. in the past saw tons of limits on both sides of where i was fishing (plus mine) and now it seems like a ton of guys are waiting for 1 big fish. my buddies called from "another lake", "what are you doing over there...we're killing 'em over here!" irritating! maybe....i'll come again next year.

Fisherman57
06-25-2010, 10:31 PM
i fished la palma area, kid's pond, pump house, levit's corner. not a bite. used marshmallows/mealworms, nightcrawlers, shrimp. not a nibble. i didn't hear of anyone else getting a bite until i went to the loading ramp. counted 35 people and only 8 fish among them all. saw one old guy cleaning 2 small cats. the cleaning station was bone dry until he got there.

i used to fish here every weekend. sometimes caught my limit quickly, sometimes took all day but usually caught a limit. brought lots of kids because at least they'd catch fish. for me...ever since they started stocked 20+ pound fish it's been hard to catch, much less limit. it seems that for every 20+pounder they put in, there's 20 - 1 pounders that are no longer put in. in the past saw tons of limits on both sides of where i was fishing (plus mine) and now it seems like a ton of guys are waiting for 1 big fish. my buddies called from "another lake", "what are you doing over there...we're killing 'em over here!" irritating! maybe....i'll come again next year.

Hmmmm........ based on the SARL photos I see from yesterday & today... looks like you
were one of the FEW...... that DIDNT catch fish...

Bite has been strong from what I can see......... in fact, many people had BASKETS full..... and FULL stringers

Lake is full of fish. Better luck next time!

Take a look:
http://fishinglakes.com/sarlfishingphotos.htm

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/624limits.jpg

Mr.DieHard
06-27-2010, 01:44 AM
just came back from there, threw everything but the kitchen sink. fished the evening session and caught nada. better luck nextime for me also. ill be back!

sandtrout
06-27-2010, 10:17 AM
yup! actually, as i was leaving around 3pm, i drove from levitz corner to the loading ramp (via la palma point) and stopped at each point where anyone was fishing asking, "catch anything?" the answer was ALWAYS "nope" until i got to the loading dock area. everyone was thinking that the bite turned off from the shock of loading them in the lake. after such a "heavy" stocking no one could understand why there was no action. it actually relieved me to know that i wasn't "one of the few" that didn't catch anything. from what my driving out of the lake poll told me, the "was a few" who did catch something. let's hope the opener changes things around. tried "elsewheres" on saturday...3 catfish, 15 crappie...not great but at least not skunked.