PDA

View Full Version : Fishing tuff waters like Fairmount Park.

bassgrabber1
06-25-2010, 08:27 AM
I used to fish Fairmount Park many years ago when I was younger. I had been fishing Perris for the past 15 years and decided to go back to Fairmount when I had joined FNN because of the all the talk of the challenge. I thought for sure I would be killin' them when I got there....well reallity set in and the skunk happened. I tried many more times and just got skunked. Well after being skunked so many times and going home with my head held down I decided to start asking. I put my pride away and tightened my belt and did my research. I asked people like Fishmounter, who has caught some beauties out of there, what techniques work well and colors. Well what i figured out was that I don't use anything he used and have caught fish now. I learned that people present the baits in different ways and you have to find out which way you present the bait to the fish best. Fishmounter did set me on the right path and showed me that there are some nice fish in those lakes that are ready to take a bait. So for all of you who haven't had luck out there here is your tips:

1. Ask around when you are fishing what people are using and ask people on FNN.

2. Be a line watcher because the bite is very light.

3. If you think that you know it all then get ready for a stinker because Fairmount is a like nothing else out there.

The Angler
06-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Ok I Fish Fairmount Alot and during th winter i was killing it with texas rigged senkos Black with Purple Flake. Thats the only thing I have ever caught Bass with at Fairmount. what about you?

bassgrabber1
06-28-2010, 07:03 AM
I use T-rigged beaver tails and craws...watermelon with red flake.

tree
07-22-2010, 07:24 AM
I had one, and only one fish on a long purple worm with swimming tail, alternating between 4 second and 10 second twitches.

2. Be a line watcher because the bite is very light.

3. If you think that you know it all then get ready for a stinker because Fairmount is a like nothing else out there.

I'll keep an eye out on my line. I know the bite is light, but damn its hard to tell if they take it, or if you've hit a branch down at the bottom.

Danny300
07-22-2010, 08:00 AM
easiest lake around