PDA

View Full Version : 6/23/10 DVL report

Lunker1979
06-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Half day boat rental today and headed out again. Kinda crowded, lots of people there today. Slow day for us. WE caught 5 fish total......we hit a good catfish bite in the cove to the right of rawson's, that was fun for about an hour or so. Biggest cat was 5.1 pounds. Caught my first BBZ topwater bass in Rawson's cove around 1000 am, that was a blast,4.15 pounds! Overall very slow for us and I didn't see too many other people catching too many things. Saw Art Berry, Art, how did you do? Caught another small one of worms at a point in about 20 feet of water, that's about it. Saw lots of bait fish and it seemed to me that was the ONLY thing the bass were hitting. Oh well, try it again next Wednesday. I have Pics but am waiting for Riverside_Angler to show me how to post them. Thanks for reading.

Hey DVL people, if you put a 16 year old kid with a golf cart and have him taxi people up and down the launch ramp for a couple of bucks, you would make a fortune!!!!

pigdestroyer
06-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Hey DVL people, if you put a 16 year old kid with a golf cart and have him taxi people up and down the launch ramp for a couple of bucks, you would make a fortune!!!!

I have been saying the same thing for years.

pupfish
06-25-2010, 09:49 AM
I have to agree with you it seemed pretty crowded out there. I ended up with a dozen with the best one around 4 mostly on the dropshot, but I fished most of the day. Lost a nice one on a topwater at the boat that looked to be 5 or better. I think that it is a mixed bag out there right now with some doing real well and some not and few in between. I am sure that Art and others in the know are doing well, those guys are super dialed in with that lake and know whats happening most of the time. I watched one guy pull two fish in about 15 minutes off a spot I just went over. The lake is changing a lot all the time especially with all the new water coming in.

Lunker1979
06-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah I tried to chase Art around the lake but I couldn't keep up with him in my rental....lol. We will see what happens next week. We will be back out there next Wednesday. Going to bring my swimbait stuff and throw that the majority of the day and see what happens.

The problem is with the dropshot, to me anyways, the bass at DVL bite so lightly if you don'y know what you are doing they are actually hard to catch. I'll go a few times, have it figured out, then when I don't go for a while I have to start all over again. My buddy, Riverside_Angler has the drop shot pretty much figured out, with the occasional 4-5 pounder. If someone wants to go in next week on a rental, or if you have a bass boat, let us know we can go together and share some secrets! Until next week............the saga continues!

GdHkSet1
06-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Congrats on your BBZ topwater lmb, few years back I got my pb lmb in that same cove. Weekday fishing I can only dream of that! One day I'll call in sick and go fishin. Good luck next time you go out.

riverside_angler
06-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Sorry to hear your day wasn't epic! But I think we both know why. ;)
I am really looking forward to going next week with you. I'm ready to kill 'em again. Call me and I will tell you how to upload those pics. it's really easy. I used photobucket the other day to try it out and that worked easy too.

pho boy
06-25-2010, 10:59 PM
that a pretty good day , thank for the report

Lunker1979
06-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Sorry to hear your day wasn't epic! But I think we both know why. ;)
I am really looking forward to going next week with you. I'm ready to kill 'em again. Call me and I will tell you how to upload those pics. it's really easy. I used photobucket the other day to try it out and that worked easy too.

Huh?? Like I said, you keep catching the bass that are the size of the ones in my fish tank and I'll handle the big boys. No, I don't know why, fill me in. Because you weren't there?? Nah, try again. We'll see next week and I'll show you how to swim bait fish rookie.