View Full Version : Another Great Day on the Ducky with Tailman One

JapanRon
06-24-2010, 02:41 PM
CLICK ON EACH IMAGE TO ENLARGE IF NOT FULL SIZE
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0622RUBDKYP1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0622RUBDKYP2.jpg

Jackpot Jimmy
06-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Nice going Ron! Looks like the bass are starting to get "wormed up" off the bottom - that's always a good sign! That plastic tie looks pretty good...I've never tried it before...as I'm a super glue w/plastics kind of guy. I may have to try that sometime! I watched an Inside Sportfishing episode one time when they were talking about how Shogun Owner/Operator Norm Kagawa was using this one swimbait, and kept using the super glue on it, and by the end of the day, it looked like fuzz or cotton candy, but the bass were still biting it!

Fishbones
06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Congrats to you JapanRon and the rubber ducky crew for a decent day out, funny bout the reel falling off the rod seat...lol
glad to hear you still over came it and managed to land the nice checker.,.thanks for the weekly ducky report and current fishing update.

BrandonFish
06-24-2010, 07:20 PM
great report ron. when you told us about the reel wednsday i could just picture it in my head haha you even got a picture of it to boot :ROFL: good times

JapanRon
06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

It's so weird .... somehow I seem to always fail to get a good bond with the so-called instant glue !! You know me ..... tinkered with the stuff like a mad scientist to get it to work...... for naught !! Tried those tiny rubber bands you get at 99 cent store but they deteriorate quickly in the salt. I've some red plastic sheet I plan to wrap then plastic tie to resemble a baitfish opening it's gills when it makes a dash for it !! My springs work good to connect matching sections of body and tail so that problem is solved. Boy does tail move enticingly !!

later and thinks for the cool aside .... be looking for it.

JapanRon

JapanRon
06-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi fishbones,

Yes ..... that's what happens when you don't check gear that you've not used in years, years, and years !! Buddy was laughing so hard that he could only help at the very last with the fish whooped and near the boat !!

Can't wait to share a rail again with the 'iron animal'. It works pretty good you slingin' iron for distance and me casting mid-range and fishing the fall. No tangles or worries with us and in fact we complement each others effectiveness !! At least you do mine as I watch you and other guys throwing iron and kinda gauge when and what level some species are breezing at a given time.

I was trying to stay away from the cuda on the moo-moo yesterday so I made sure I got down fast when fish were being hooked on the surface or on a five or ten count !

JapanRon

JapanRon
06-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi Brandonfish,

Thanks. No BS on the tubin' trip. You might have to play guide on an area although I'm lookin pretty seriously at a place I scouted about a month ago.

JapanRon

shioda
06-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Great tip JR. Wish I had not thrown that plastic away now!!

JapanRon
06-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi shioda,

Thanks. If you've no plastic ties at the ready ..... the wire from a bag-tag will also extend the life of your last killer plastic !!

JapanRon