PDA

View Full Version : Leopards on the Prowl !

DockRat
06-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Working on Terminal Island rail yard near Sea Launch.

This guy tells me ' Have you seen the sharks ?'
' I'm like 'Where ?' he points to a inner wall.

Later when time allows I check it with a buddy. We are standing ther for 5 minutes and see 4 leopard sharks cruiseing along the rocks. The first is the biggest I'd seen about 5'
These things are in 2' to 3' of water working along the rocks and one went over this rock exposeing 1/2 its back. Then a 3' Bat Ray cruises by. Went back the next day and saw more Leopards.

Seen some big bait schools too this week. One big school Chovies ? was getting attacted from below
and could be seen for a couple hours and No Birds.

Don't believe you need birds for surface bait. These basketball court size schools of bait moving around looks like wind rippled water from 1/8 mile and most guys would blow right by thinking it is wind because No Birds. Go figure ?

Bad News. This area is off limits to the public and the Coasties have been training there.
All day every day these guys jamming around burning gas and doing donuts in orange inflateables..
Our taxes getting burned up in gas to train a bunch of urban assult yahoo Wannabes. :Rolls Eyes:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/michelle00729/563.jpg
DR

lalo56
06-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Thats a cool site. Nice clear water. Thanks for sharing DR.

DockRat
06-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Whoops :Rolls Eyes:
Over at that bay the vis is about 5' and has kelp.
Should have said something but the is some random photobucket pic probably Sea World :LOL:

The bait was moving around 100' to 200' offshore out for hours but the Leopards were prowling the rocks.
DR