PDA

View Full Version : Carpenteria beach for surf fishing

fishfinder
06-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Going there friday with the wife and kids, and some friends. Gonna bring some fishing gear, cause i hate the beach. Whats to be had besides little perch i caught last year. I noticed some kelp in close to shore last year when i was there

fishfinder
06-24-2010, 07:36 PM
bump, bump, bump

bones
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Since you seem persistant on the bump thing I'll respond even though this IS the REPORTS section :ROFL:
Carp is good for perch all year long but the spawn and birthing is primarily over now since temps have came up so the size of the perch will decline more or less. Between the El Nino' conditions,the crazy storms/swells and a recent red tide....Lets just say the surf hasn't stabilized yet. Corbina are a pretty good bet if you have the patience to stalk them and perch are a decent backup to prevent the skunk. That being said.....I would focus on the estuary inlet just north of the beach for leos and other bait eaters like SNGF if you are looking for a possible drag burner. Definately focus on that kelp area as long as it's attached to some structure like boilers. Any bait in the area is usually hugging structure and so are the bigger fish. Look for birds,bait and seals to clue you in on the eco system and you might be rewarded. Don't forget to fish the trenches with either hardbaits or dropshotting for the flatties. There is a fishy area just south of the campgrounds as well.
No need to HATE the beach this time of year dude......It's alot cooler than the desert...LOL
And there are women in bikinis!

smokehound
06-24-2010, 09:34 PM
PROTIP: Cast into the water until you catch a fish.

Which Way Out
06-25-2010, 07:37 AM
PROTIP: Cast into the water until you catch a fish.
Now that's funny..
Drop shot with a white colored Gulp Zoom Fluke for the bigger fish. Also Gulp Sand Crab Fleas and the best yet Gulp Camo worm. They catch everything. Good luck

DockRat
06-26-2010, 05:54 AM
No need to HATE the beach this time of year dude......It's alot cooler than the desert...LOL
And there are women in bikinis!

Surf Fishing = Action
Lake Fishing/Duct = Boring

Yah, Like Mike said. This could be you walking in your Speedos :ROFL:

Um. ' Excuse me ladies but you are Hogging the Beach, would you mind spreading out '

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/SkeezixOtoole/BikiniGirls.jpg
DR