PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 day On the S.Cal!!!! barracudda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

basscatcher
06-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Havent posted in a long time. Well my uncle and I headed out to Pierpoint for a 1/2 day trip. I wanted some sandbass so figured lets get out there. well we left docka t 6:42am, 30 or so passangers and we headed tot he bait barge. Got bait and headed to the spot. As the deckhands chummed BOILS were happening. I tossed out a big hammer and on the fourth cast i got a Cudda! Fought crazy on my small swimbait set-up. I caught another one on the plastic and then i switched it up to the iron. I got 2 logs off the iron and my uncle got one cudda on the bighammer. the sealions came and the boils died off. Started to fish the botttom and got a nice keeper calico. o wait i forgot to mention that ALL cuddas were Beyond Legal size. LOTS OF LOGS!!! We fished the bottom and my uncle got a nice sculpin. The bite slowed and we headed back to the docks. overall the moringin bite gave us 100+ Cudas for the boat 10 or so sandbass and about same amoun of calicos and sculpins. IT was a great trip. Tuna 976 said we cuaght only 11 in the morining and 118 in afternoon. welll those reports should be switched the afternoon didnt get as many as we did and im suprised they got some at all. Will post pics as soon as i get the pics from my uncle.

God BLess

Basscatcher

JapanRon
06-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi basscatcher,

Nice job on the gar !! Now's the time to get 'em !

JapanRon

BrandonFish
06-24-2010, 07:08 PM
gj out there thanks for the report