PDA

View Full Version : 2 Late Posts, Castaic 06/21/10 and 1 pic from San Antonio with KPN & fishinone.

FarmerJohn
06-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Had promised my Barber Alex a day at Castaic, meanwhile I had not fully recovered from my trip to Lake San Antonio and I don't break promises to my friends so off we went. We got on the water later than I like, between 7:30am & 8:00am but we were starting out handycapped already Gallions was all out of the fresh and the fresh frozen dines and had to settle on the god knows how long they have been frozen dines.
I headed straight to the BL got ankered close to my sweet spot and out went the lines. It was around 11:00am and Alex had landed 1 schooly and I noticed all of the 3 hits I got were just that, They hit it one and swam away. Then I saw some guys that were near us earlier had done very well there so I asked what they were using for bait. They had fresh dines they got from Marina Delray Sportfishing, I then realized that we were in for a bad day if we didn't get better bait. So I pulled out my trusty cell phone and called Gallions to see if they were going to have any fresh dines today and the girl replied that they were aleady there so I made a beeline to the ramp gave Alex the key to my truck and told him to fetch and that saved my day.
Alex caught 1 more slightly bigger and I Caught 3. Two of them were close to 3lbs. the other 2lbs.:LOL::Wink::Cool:

Oh the second pic is of KPN & fishinone with there catches of that day at Lake San Antonio.

fishinone
06-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Nice catch John.

There's no doubt that bait is a very important key.

Those guys in that picture look tired.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Nice catch John.

There's no doubt that bait is a very important key.

Those guys in that picture look tired.
Tired ? awww come on man...thats why they make Monster energy drinks....

8 hrs o' sleep a week is all U need and it's back to back slayage : )

Nice fish guys, congrats on the catches.....

be prepared for the bait bite to fizzle up in there at castaic....better get plan "B" and "C" going....

And "D" "E"...."F"....oh well...you get the point : )

Again nice job fellas ,
Gary

FarmerJohn
06-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey Gary,
It wasn't that I was tired. I forgot to explain that my face and arms were sunburned so Castaic trip was sunburn on top of sunburn. And when my wife chewed me out about not using my sunscreen I told her I'm not going to let a little cancer stop me from fishing.