PDA

View Full Version : NPH Questions Questions and more Questions

Sublime-Steve
06-23-2010, 06:22 AM
OK so ive never fished NPH before but i keep reading these reports and its driving me mad..:EyePop: I dont have a float tube so i was curious were to shore fish from,also where can I get some fresh dines and chovies near the harbor? Also where can i night fish from the harbor if possible? Thanks guys i know im kinda slow at this lol

fisherman from long beach
06-23-2010, 07:28 AM
just go on over in to balboa island find a street and park.dont know where to get chovies from in that area,i throw plastics.good luck

elevated
06-23-2010, 09:03 AM
davey's locker sells bait, but frozen though.

TFC_arvilJDM
06-23-2010, 09:07 AM
There are a couple public fishing docks you can fish off of. Not too sure how to get there, as i just know them by memory. Or just rent a 14 foot skiff out of Daveys Locker :)

And public fishing docks are only available to fish from Dusk Til Dawn. As of fresh chovies and dines? Bait barge right in the jetty. Or frozen bait at the shops.

Sublime-Steve
06-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks guys im going to find a good spot in the day and go @ nite

smokehound
06-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Sublime, check your inbox, PM sent.

bones
06-24-2010, 09:46 PM
The secret to NPH on foot is to keep moving and fish the structure. Spotties hit well at night if you can find them. Just be respectful of the dock owners and fish the place low pro. Like the guys said....throw plastics on lead heads or dropshot. Look through the NPH reports by many FNN members in the last few months to get an idea of what to toss.
Good Luck......Looking forward to your report!

MIKE