PDA

View Full Version : Killing spree at Castaic!!!

FISHSTIX
06-23-2010, 01:28 AM
Took my boat up to Castaic on monday with Rob and Ray to get into some stripey action. We met up at gallions and off to slay we go. Our first stop was in an area I fished last weekend that seemed to be productive. The fish there were picking instead of biting and only pulled out 2, so we moved on. Ray said he did pretty good at bouy line #2 so we went in and seen a boat with a few fish on their stringer. As we checked around the neighborhood we meterd fish like crazy. The first bite came as soon as the engine stopped and it was on like donkey kong from there. We had found the honey hole! 19 fish came off this stop and all decent sized fish. But as soon as the bite started, it was over with. The guys in the other boat were throwing spears with their eyes because we cleaned that spot out and they still had as many fish on their stringer as they did when we arrived. We left that area a dead zone lol. Made a couple more stops to get a fish here and there but me and Rob ended up finishing off our limits back in Elizabeth cove.

Rob with a hoookup!
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/FISHSTIX_bucket/622101.jpg

Ray with a bendoo!
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/FISHSTIX_bucket/621102.jpg

All of us showing of our catches:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_1500.jpg

Heres a little vid Rob composed before he got bit in the mayhem...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtJyymBGHJg

Parting short for T/O...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_1502.jpg

It was a pretty good day to say the least. As we were unloading the gear from the boat at the end of the day a guy asked if we had 30 lbs of fish til we opened the cooler and left him speechless LOL. This was a day for the books, 3 anglers, 3 limits and off the water by 4. Its looking like a good summer is on the way.:Twisted:

trail blazer
06-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Niceeeeeeeeeee

way to slayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

trail blazer

JSAUCE818
06-23-2010, 05:08 AM
daaaaaaaaamn...someone must have forgot that i am off on mondays!...sorry bra, must have missed your text and call. lol

good job fellas.

beethao
06-23-2010, 06:41 AM
wow nice catches.

fisherman from long beach
06-23-2010, 07:25 AM
sweet k.i.l.l. f.s nice report and way to give the kill sign for bob

TheBigBaDWolf
06-23-2010, 08:55 AM
what were your setups?

fishinone
06-23-2010, 12:39 PM
I believe that qualifies as a slay!

Thanks for the report.

MarkyMark
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Congrats!! I went to the same area on Sunday & got skunked!!

MM

msos
06-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Congrat for the slay. Where is bouy line #2 ?

Fishbones
06-23-2010, 05:11 PM
sweet striper slayage fishstix,.,.kill,.,.,kill,.,.,kill,.,.,.and release the little ones.,.,lol

MonsterGuppy
06-23-2010, 05:53 PM
nice slay!

BIGBASS MB
06-23-2010, 07:19 PM
I think i saw you guys pulling up as we were leaving the bl around 1;30pm monday...
Let me tell you the morning bite was nowhere near the afternoon bite tou guys had...
Congrts....
Mb

FISHSTIX
06-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Niceeeeeeeeeee

way to slayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

trail blazer
Thanks TB, it was a pretty crazy bite, the bell rang and school was in.

daaaaaaaaamn...someone must have forgot that i am off on mondays!...sorry bra, must have missed your text and call. lol

good job fellas.
Dont trip homie, get at me and well get our fish 0n!

wow nice catches.
Thanks.

sweet k.i.l.l. f.s nice report and way to give the kill sign for bob
You need to leave those spotties alone for a minute and come up this way for a slay!

what were your setups?
7' med/fast action rod, size 1000 reel w. the handle on the left side, 4# izorline, a sliptshot above a #2 hook tied with a clinch knot and a fresh dead sardine chunk from MDR.

I believe that qualifies as a slay!

Thanks for the report.
I have to agree with you as it was also one helluva day.

Congrats!! I went to the same area on Sunday & got skunked!!

MM
You'll get'em soon enough. We fished a few different areas that day. You dont want to sit on a dead zone for too long, wont get nothin but a sunburn.lol

Congrat for the slay. Where is bouy line #2 ?
Its the small bouy line on the right as you head to the main line. And the main is still down.

sweet striper slayage fishstix,.,.kill,.,.,kill,.,.,kill,.,.,.and release the little ones.,.,lol
Any and all sized stripers and table fare, they do the over/under. Over the side and under the cooler lid...kill, kill, fillet! lol.

nice slay!
Thanks.

I think i saw you guys pulling up as we were leaving the bl around 1;30pm monday...
Let me tell you the morning bite was nowhere near the afternoon bite tou guys had...
Congrts....
Mb
We were on the other side of the lake by 1:30. The a.m is when we were on fire, had 2limits worth by noon. Howd you do?

TroutOnly
06-24-2010, 07:15 AM
KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GREAT SLAY BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HEY WHENS IT MY TURN,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

BIGBASS MB
06-25-2010, 09:24 PM
We were there from 9:00 am till 1:30pm and i didnt see anyone getting that kind of action at the bl...
We only got three fish that morning and we were the only ones with fish in the boat.
Where were you guys at???
Mb

TroutOnly
06-26-2010, 03:26 PM
The other bouyline,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ray Lopez
06-28-2010, 11:09 AM
We were there from 9:00 am till 1:30pm and i didnt see anyone getting that kind of action at the bl...
We only got three fish that morning and we were the only ones with fish in the boat.
Where were you guys at???
Mb

we were fishing the main BL first thing in the monring till about 9:30am Then we made the move to other BL for an hour or so till the bite died. But it was On like Donky Kong for that hour!!!

REZ
06-29-2010, 03:50 PM
OMG....whos dat ghost...OH WAIT ITS ME!...Im back yall...had a good time. And what up TO!!