PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Skunk 6.22.2010

fishing
06-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Fished Castaic in the morning 'til the afternoon for nada. The fish bit and ran just like before. One bite and they are no where in sight. Obviously they bit because my line came loose, but with only one bite, how are you suppose to set the hook. Argh...! I even held onto the hook trying to outsmart them, but no bites. A total of 5 random bites for 6 hours of fishing. lol.

No fish, no photos.

I'm in need of punishing some panfish at Lake Perris. The stripers will get theirs later this week. :Twisted:

BIGBASS MB
06-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Don't feel bad about the day,
it's just another day @ fishing,
we have all had days like that...
I like the positive minde set on the next outings...
Mb

adriiiian
06-30-2010, 04:50 PM
I have days like that everytime I go fishing. Im starting to feel useless

fishinone
06-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Sorry to hear that the bite was slow.

What kind of bait were you using? That sounds like some of the days I've had when my bait wasn't that good.

fishing
07-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I used fresh sardines from Gallions. Shore fishing has been a little slow the past few weeks.

BuzzBait
07-03-2010, 06:28 PM
We use to hike along the shores till we find a good bite. We'd stay in a spot for about half an hour or less then go to another. We used to even hike the steep banks or hike the back trails to get to places and 80% of the time it pays off. But boy some days feels like it's torture after we have fished it hard for skunk! It pays big for some of the adventures we take. The experience is worth while even when you don't catch anything.

fishing
07-05-2010, 12:21 AM
We use to hike along the shores till we find a good bite. We'd stay in a spot for about half an hour or less then go to another. We used to even hike the steep banks or hike the back trails to get to places and 80% of the time it pays off. But boy some days feels like it's torture after we have fished it hard for skunk! It pays big for some of the adventures we take. The experience is worth while even when you don't catch anything.

It's getting hot, kinda hard to keep moving around when you fish bait and wait. No one else was getting bit either, so I'm not sure what to think. I was on the West side of the lake, maybe the fish were hanging out at the East side. lol.

Reading the other Castaic posts, it seems like it has been slow for everyone the last few weeks. Except for Marzocchi, he seems to always find fish. hahaha...

I guess the fishing will change once the boils start. Thanks for the tip.

TroutOnly
07-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Hey buzzbait i dont get sunburned but i do hide under my bimini top on the boat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,