PDA

View Full Version : Shore Fishing at DVL

Turtleracer
06-22-2010, 04:21 PM
How is the fishing from th e shore area at DVL? What do you usually catch from the shore? What set-ups work from the shore?
Thanks

Lunker1979
06-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Throw swim baots right out of the gate about now.....anything shad/baitfish looking. Later in the day, fish the bottom with plastics

riverside_angler
06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
get a boat!!! if you can't afford it, see if someone here will split the cost of a rental with you. it is worth it!

Spear Hunter
06-22-2010, 06:44 PM
try flukes bass are boiling on shad in the mourning. And also there putting water in the lake was there monday and the fish and game warden said it was coming up a foot a day. It was up from the last time I was there about two weeks ago

DarkShadow
06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
You can catch largemouth, smallmouth, bluegill, catfish and maybe a straggling trout from stocks past.

The same rigs that work on a boat will work from shore. If you're having problems with the stickups, use weedless techniques.

Also watch out for the rattlesnakes!

Rapala17
06-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Turtleracer,

I have fished from shore and boat, but usually fish from shore because it is WAY cheaper, and I have landed some nice fish. Below are just some tips that have helped me. Remember, the best lure and rod/reel combo is your most confident one, so trust in yourself and what best fits the fishing conditions in order to catch fish!

DVL TIPS
You are going to want to use two fishing poles if you have them. 1) A good spinning rod/reel for sensitivity 2) A good bait caster rod/reel for casting distance and fast retrieve. I say that because there are two transitional fishing conditions that happen on the water at DVL.

Morning fishing consists of fast moving action (like swimbaits, super flukes, topwater baits) that look like shad because the Bass are feeding on the shad they have pushed up in the shallows all night. During the fall/winter, however, you can use trout colored baits.

Afternoon fishing consists of slow finesse action (like senkos, roboworms on drop shot, jigs, craws, lizards, tubes, or brush hogs) that looks like natural bait in the lake. Colors for plastics vary. Pink, purple, blue, greens and browns are all good, but everyone has caught a bass on something. Three colors that kill are Roboworm's Morning Dawn, Aaron's Magic, and Oxblood. For some reason, they cannot resist.

Hope this helps give you a direction. Remember to rig everything WEEDLESS.

Bent rods for life,
Rapala17