PDA

View Full Version : Article* Excellent conditions, but fish aren't biting

halo16
07-19-2007, 11:23 PM
FYI- Cool article if you would like to read.

http://www.presstelegram.com/welsh

sansou
07-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the article.

Seems like a good summary of what's been going on the last couple weeks as far as the albies are concerned.

I still hold hope (perhaps my relative inexperience is showing) that the season is far from over. 60 miles out is not far at all for these guys. Some of my best seasons ever in the last 10 years involved going to the edge of 90 to 100 miles out for truly WFO bites, to the point where the captain would leave early (cause we caught limits plus) and maybe amuse us with a little turdroller fishing by the aerial antenna in I.B. on the way home.

I hope things change cause it's tough seeing some of you guys drive several hours only to catch one on an overnight boat.

farmacist
07-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Something interesting...

A good friend of mine lives up north in Eureka. He told me that last weekend he went out on a friend's boat w/ the intention of fishing salmon. When they were heading out they kept hearing reports on the radio of Albies being caught. He said they ended up 33 miles out of Eureka and got into the tuna. They caught 8 fish on the troll for 3 guys but said other boats were reporting WFO action - triple and quad hookups on the troll!!

I knew the fish made their way up north but I was surprised to hear this news so soon. It seems that the SD fleet just started getting into them a couple weeks ago, and now they're already getting them up there.

- farmacist