PDA

View Full Version : Twilight and 1/2 Boat Recommendations?

baloneysandwich
06-21-2010, 10:21 PM
I've been busy this year and usually the only trips I can find time to make it out on are twilights or maybe a half day.

I've been on a few trips out on the landing I usually hit(Not going to mention names as I'm not a mudslinger) and feel it is time to take my business elsewhere.

I am not worried about killing the **** out of the fish, I just want to relax throw back a beer or two and toss the plastic to unwind from the week without having people try and wedge in and elbow so they can fill a meat sack.

So is there any boats you would recommend? I can hit anything from L.B. to Dana Point fairly easily.

TFC_arvilJDM
06-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Pierpoint Landing in Long Beach. The 1/2 day twilight trip is slayin limit bass and a couple cudas. Theyve been on it for sometime now.

DockRat
06-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Keep a eye in the Redondo, SP boats.
The Redondo Special has been parked at Lunada Bay last few days in the late afternoon.
The WSB have been coming through on occasion and last week quite a few were landed.
The bulk of them may have moved out maybe north to the channel islands.

Here was the WON (Week Old News) report.

REDONDO BEACH — White seabass have been the big news this spring up and down the coast, and now a new batch of fish has been on the chew from Point Vincente to Rocky Point for the local fleet.

The fishing was good enough along the coast that two of the six-pack boats that usually fish Catalina — the Dreamer and Options — elected to pass on Catalina and try the local croakers.

“Catalina had been tough our last couple of trips, so we went up the coast and tried that option,” reported Options skipper Tino Valantine. “We ended up with limits of white seabass, and then we finished off the day with a big halibut.

“We were sitting out to sea, and catching nothing but swell sharks and junk in the dark, so Wes (Flesch, the boat’s second captain) moved up the kelp line 200 feet. He marked some fish and set up, and it was game on that morning.”

The Dreamer was in the same area, and it ended up with limits on the seabass for passengers and crew to go with a big home guard yellowtail.

The fish have been biting from Rocky Point on down to Point Vincente for the Redondo Sportfishing fleet all week. It is said that the Highliner got on some seabass first earlier in the week, and from there the half- and 3⁄4-day open party boats started getting some good hits. The whopper list at Redondo Sportfishing was like a hit list for the week: Jim Cutter, 22-pound white seabass, Redondo Special; Ron Wilson, 50-pound white seabass, Redondo Special; Paul Judy, 36-pound white seabass, Redondo Special; Mickey Baldwin, 46-pound white seabass, Highliner.

The bite was best on Friday afternoon on the Redondo Special when 17 anglers had 15 white seabass, 5 calico bass, 4 sand bas and a rockfish. The Tradition had a nice hit on Saturday when the 16 anglers on the 3⁄4-day trip ended up with 7 white seabass to go with 45 calico bass, 3 sand bass and 5 rockfish. Not every trip has turned up such numbers, but there was at least one white seabass in the counts for most trips. The Special even had a yellowtail for its morning trip on Sunday.

The fish have been eating both the live squid and the live sardines.

The local barracuda bite has been the other game in town. They have been biting good from the Horseshoe to the Huntington Flats. There have been some yellowtail splashing around on the Horseshoe Kelp, giving hope that maybe there will finally be a local yellowtail bite this season.

https://www.wonews.com/t-SCSaltReports_hayward_061610.aspx

RngrAngler18
06-25-2010, 05:20 PM
If it's an option the Thunderbird is now running 10am - 4pm trips out of berth 55 in Long Beach and is a great deal. The loads are really light and the crew is very friendly. I fished the boat yesterday and slayed both calico bass and barracuda.