PDA

View Full Version : Westlake Still In Bed

BuckBishop
06-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Spent Sunday doing what Father's Day is all about, FISHING. Had the Son out on Saturday for a few hours but Sunday was all mine. Where is Bass Boat Tim when you need him?

Had some topwater action at Westlake last week with the Zara Spook so was excited to get the spooke wet
again for the morning session. 30 to 40 casts with not even a boil. Spinnerbait... nothing.

Motoring out to fish the fingers on the island I noticed decent sized bass bedded along the island's main channelshore line. I used my light action spinning rod with 6 lb mono. set up with a drop shot rigged with a shad colored Zoom tiny fluke on a Gamakatsu #2. Very easy to see in the water and a great bendo when hooked up. I also had another rod tied with something different when another look was necessary. I like a white ika grub on a jig head, becasue its also very easy to see. Thats the stuff I throw but anything would probably work?

Over ten nice bass landed and returned.
23550 23551

Fishbones
06-22-2010, 07:36 PM
congrats on beating the skunk and getting the pattern down, thanks for sharing, cool pics too!

midgettosser1
06-24-2010, 12:06 PM
If you ever need a fishing buddy, let me know.
I've got my permit, but I've just been too lazy to do anything about it.
Only fished there once so far this year. Fished for a short time and managed to pull a decent bass off the bed using my favorite go-to setup for bedding bass.
That was a while ago... im surprised they are still on their beds.