PDA

View Full Version : Piru 6-20 Burned and Wacked Little Piggies!

BuzzBait
06-21-2010, 11:54 AM
The night before, we tossed a coin to which lake we'll go. Piru or castaic? I called heads for piru as the coin was flipping up in the air. And it lands heads... Piru here we come!
We started the day really late. It was a bit before 9 am. UGH! Late! Sleeping in was so good...since i've been laid out for a few days from severe allergies. Damn wheat fields! They're all in bloom!!! :Explode: My ears are all plugged up for almost a week. I feel like i have the cold and flu. I went to see the doctor and he's like... EH... Cry baby... You just have allergies. :No Pity: Bloody bastard!
Anyway, just when we launched I was excited to be outdoors! I started poking around with drop shot and texas rig around the launch area. Nada, until WHACK!:Smack: :Explode: My husband accidentally hit my head with his rod as he was casting! :Angry: I had to sit out for a bit. He knew I was standing next to him when he casted. What the hell was he thinking ??? :Censored: Whatever... I got a cut on my cheek to prove it. Well, it had a little bit of blood. It's a little purple now. :Sad: It didn't kill me. After a few minutes gettin' my feelings out of the way. I sat on my throne and continued fishing. AND BLAM! Who's wackin' now? :Fishing Catch:
A little over 3 and a half lbs. on texas rig. [9:18 am]
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/Piru%206-20-2010/340081297669_0_0.jpg

We continued fishing along the shores and no bites. Ugh! almost two hours later... :Fishing Catch:
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/Piru%206-20-2010/340081203845_0_0.jpg
Then another...:Fishing Catch:
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/Piru%206-20-2010/340081106821_0_0.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/Piru%206-20-2010/340081006085_0_0.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/Piru%206-20-2010/340080869765_0_0.jpg

Nothing else but keeper sizes... WOW... The most I've ever caught consecutively in Piru. Perhaps that's all I ever needed. A good wack across my head!
As of this moment my husband is showing some of his cold feelings on his face. He hasn't caught one yet.

We drove to another cove and finally he gets a break! Catches one on his custom painted crankbait.
A few minutes later... He finally catches his first keeper of the day. Later to realize his last.
Caught this one on a drop shot. :High Five:
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/Piru%206-20-2010/340080782981_0_0.jpg
He catches another fish but no keeper...

So, I took a quick break and set up the umbrella on the back of the boat. Ate a snack with the kids. :Big Grin: I can feel my skin needing a break from the sun. Looks like I'll be peeling sunburn in a couple of days.
As i was just randomly tossing my bait out, a small snake swims out of the brush in a hurry towards my dangling feet!!! :Bug Eyes: AAAAAAAAAh! I was freakin' out! I used my pole to push it away! It just crawled right back into the rocks. Whew! This is the third time this year. Snake rushing towards our boat. A couple of times towards me!!!!

Anyway, the day comes to almost an end. Here's my last cast... :Fishing Catch:
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Witheredhyacinth/2010%20Fishing/Piru%206-20-2010/340080698373_0_0.jpg
The photographer was a bit irritated. :Outta Here:

It was a quiet ride home... :Twisted:
Fewer fish this time around, but quality sizes.
Total fish count: 11

Where will we be next week-end? Will the coin flip to Castaic or Piru? We haven't really fished the big lake in months... I can't recall the last time we went up there.

"Don't get wacked on the head!"
BuzzBait

bassinnut
06-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Wow you guys always tear it up at Piru. I wacked my friend in the head at Irvine but the senkos was t -rigged.

I hate snakes!!!

fishinone
06-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Great report.

I wonder how much a 5 fish limit would have weighed for you.

BuzzBait
06-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Wow you guys always tear it up at Piru. I wacked my friend in the head at Irvine but the senkos was t -rigged.

I hate snakes!!!

Thank you!
I've never t-rigged a senko before. I'm sure it hurts either way getting wacked in the head. Did he end up catching a lot of fish? =P

Great report.

I wonder how much a 5 fish limit would have weighed for you.

Thank you... i think our 5 limit is a bit over 10 lbs. ... We should try weighing them next time we go out.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-21-2010, 04:40 PM
what to say....what a slay !

someone's gonna have ta step it up next time.....we'll spare the flack talk.....till next time : )

Nice fishing out there....a family that fishes together....stays together.....got some mass love for that....keep staying on them..

we all have mass slay days and we all have off days....either way no skunks were dealt and those are nice quality feesh..

Congrats on the job well done to you both : )

Again, showing mighty fine consistency out there...keep up the good work : )

Gary

BuzzBait
06-21-2010, 05:56 PM
what to say....what a slay !

someone's gonna have ta step it up next time.....we'll spare the flack talk.....till next time : )

Nice fishing out there....a family that fishes together....stays together.....got some mass love for that....keep staying on them..

we all have mass slay days and we all have off days....either way no skunks were dealt and those are nice quality feesh..

Congrats on the job well done to you both : )

Again, showing mighty fine consistency out there...keep up the good work : )

Gary

Thanks Gary!
My oldest son is now trying to tie his own knots. LOL not sure what it's called but it's a knot tied all by himself. He says he's going to catch a baby fish coz he's still too little to catch a big fish. Soon enough he'll be catching fish... he just needs to keep his bait wet.

bassinnut
06-22-2010, 07:51 AM
The senko was rigged weightless texas style so it didn't hurt too much. He did catch a few on DS

plastics
06-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Buzzbait! Awesome report as usual. I just want to say that I think you should give strong consideration to fishing the BASS women's tour. If you can catch all the fish that you catch in these heavily pressured SoCal lakes, you'll absolutely slay 'em down south and in the southeast. Load the family up in an R.V., home school the kids, and go for it!!! Thanks again for the awesome report ... hope your hand is healing up nicely ... seems like it's not slowing you down any.

BuzzBait
06-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Buzzbait! Awesome report as usual. I just want to say that I think you should give strong consideration to fishing the BASS women's tour. If you can catch all the fish that you catch in these heavily pressured SoCal lakes, you'll absolutely slay 'em down south and in the southeast. Load the family up in an R.V., home school the kids, and go for it!!! Thanks again for the awesome report ... hope your hand is healing up nicely ... seems like it's not slowing you down any.

Thanks! You're too kind with your words. Perhaps when i get an opportunity to afford my way in, I won't think twice about it.

BuzzBait
06-22-2010, 04:32 PM
The senko was rigged weightless texas style so it didn't hurt too much. He did catch a few on DS

oh i see... senkos are like sponges. LOL he was lucky.

Fishbones
06-22-2010, 08:21 PM
congrats on the come back with the sweet piggie, thanks for sharing.,

BuzzBait
06-23-2010, 03:22 AM
congrats on the come back with the sweet piggie, thanks for sharing.,

Thank you! That piggie was sweet!